X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went out looking again today and forund some new prospects:

The Smith and Wesson SW1911 in Stainless: $799.99

The Kimber Custom 25th aniversary edition (last year) $819.00
    Has years on side and special rips with 25th anniv logo.

They also had a Kimber Custom Target II (last years model) with a small scratch on it and adjustable sights etc. $749.99, guy told me if I wated for manager I might get $50 or $$ off.

I also looked at a used Colt Commander in polished stainless for $799.00.

While I was looking at this a guy told me about a shop up the road that had a used Colt Gold Cup Trophy in Stainless, that was in almost new condtion...$750.00 Hmmm...had to go see it. Guy owned it less than a year and he trades in guns all the time. Gun looked like new. I asked if the shop had shot it...they said no but he grabbed it and ran 2 clips through it of different ammo and the largest group was 2 inches. OK....SOLD!!!

OVERVIEW
    The first Colt Gold Cup was introduced in the late 1950’s to give competitive shooters a gun to take directly from the dealer’s shelf to the firing line. It featured an adjustable wide trigger, hand-honed action, adjustable target sights, flat grooved top rib on the slide, and many other refinements as standard.
    Today, the Colt Gold Cup is known as the finest shooting automatic in the world, and is the standard for competition guns.

FEATURES
    5” Match grade barrel
    Black wrap around grips
    Adjustable aluminum trigger
    Adjustable rear sight
    Beveled magazine well
    Beavertail grip safety
    8 + 1 round capacity
    Full length recoil spring and target recoil spring

Thanks for all the help...the search is over for now...I never even concidered a Colt since they are usually silly expensive, but if I hate it, Colts are easy to trade.

Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
    X