No announcement yet.

Who's the XS11.com moderator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in I would not want to see this site lost we have so much history here I am no computer guy and that's been my downfall on the site the last year with pix, posting and getting on but will gladly contribute what ever is needed just tell me when and where.
    82 XJ1100J
    81 Venturer
    Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

Originally posted by nezzer View Post
      We are fortunate that this site is running on vBulletin, which is very popular and has good commercial support. Alternatively, for $250 we buy the latest software and host it ourselves somewhere.

I am would be happy to work with someone to keep this site alive.

Jonathan Knez
      JonathanKnez@hotmail.com
      knez.org
      Thank you, Jonathan, for offering to step up and help. Your suggestions give me some hope for the continued viability of this site.
      Questions. After asking some questions regarding site operation, it was explained to me that this site is currently running vBulletin v3.7.3, and it would need to be upgraded to v4 (which is no longer supported) before it could be upgraded to the latest version, v5. Can you jump from v3 to v5 directly at the software cost you mentioned, or do you have to buy v4 first to step up to v5? If vBulletin hosted, would they take care of the updates, and if so, would there be added cost involved? Food for thought for those involved in decision-making, and I'm just wondering.

As far as financial support, I'm in. It's the least I can do for all this site and it's people have done for me. Just need to know where to send it when the time comes.

Regards

-Jon-
      1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
      Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
      Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
      Previous:
      1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
      Cage:
      2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

So, has TC and the site owner completely abandoned ship? If so, it's time we take action.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

With respect, if there are hurt feelings, I think it's time to put those in the past and take care of something that meant something to those folks. There are more people that are affected by this than just to hurt feeling or two. It's not right in my opinion to bail and withhold information on how to make it right for the people who want to make it right moving forward. Leave but don't abandon it for those that do care and leave them with no recourse to make it better.
          Last edited by Bonz; 12-24-2019, 08:45 PM.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
            So, has TC and the site owner completely abandoned ship? If so, it's time we take action.
            Cant speak for anyone here but the owner is still the owner..abandoned or not...Until ownership is somehow transferred...bought... etc..its still theirs to abandon...I'm sure there are legal issues to complicate matters...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

This is true, xs11.com is owned by one person. For us to do another site, we would have to use another domain name, ie xs11.org.....
              What I'm not sure about is ownership of the information this site now has. It is a collection from the members, and as such should belong to the members. How the "law" would see that I don't want to guess. The one thing I DO want to see is all this information saved and available for those in need of it.
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Bonz- Somebody got butthurt and left?
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Ben- Doubt there are legal issues. It's just a domain name, based-on a subscription service, hosted by whomever. Owner just renews yearly, or whatever.

Has anybody contacted him, asking to become the new Admin?
                  1979 XS1100F

Comment

Madmax-im said he talked to him in the last month, but yet TC won't post up here. I am sorry, apologies in advance if I'm not being fair.

TC was a good guy to me on here and worked with a level hand. It's all the more shocking to me that he can pass on words through someone else but not post up here and tell me to eff off because I'm being too hard on him and whatever he has going on is precluding him from any communication through keyboard. I'd love him to post up and I would fall on bended knee out of gratitude and respect.

Madmax-im said TC knows that other parties have been in contact with the owner, but we don't hear that from TC who was the top end of the totem pole?

So he maybe or maybe not has butt-hurt going on. However to ignore what was his as much as anyone else's without so much as a word "in person" isn't what I envisioned.
                    Last edited by Bonz; 12-25-2019, 08:41 PM.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I think TC has tried more times than you could imagine..he isnt butthurt but perhaps he has given up.if so.. it isnt because he hasnt tried himself...many times i am sure... so at what point..when your pleas fall upon deaf ears and years go by...? At what point would you have had enough?
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

All right, I fully understand that. Can he get on the site anymore?
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

I would think he could just as we can...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

TC, I'd love to hear from you my friend. Hope you are well and Merry Christmas! Forgive my frustration, with all respect I would have at least posted up here and there.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                              Hi Ian,
                              In TC's defence he is up to his arse in Alligators dealing with family health issues. so he has not abandoned us just has more pressing things to deal with.
                              Site owner as the name implies OWNS the site so we can not simply take control of the site.
                              Some avenues have been tried to contact the owner......so far without success.

If we can get his permission I am now confident we have people available with enough computer know how to rescue the data and get the site to run properly. From post on this thread it would appear to not require much cash but some ones time and effort.

Phil
                              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                                Hi Ian,
                                In TC's defence he is up to his arse in Alligators dealing with family health issues. so he has not abandoned us just has more pressing things to deal with.
                                Site owner as the name implies OWNS the site so we can not simply take control of the site.
                                Some avenues have been tried to contact the owner......so far without success.

If we can get his permission I am now confident we have people available with enough computer know how to rescue the data and get the site to run properly. From post on this thread it would appear to not require much cash but some ones time and effort.

Phil
                                There are a lot of guys all over the country, where does the owner live? I'd be willing to drive a little ways to visit him and take the personal approach instead of emails or phone calls or whatever. I am sure others would as well.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X