Do you Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you Pack

I was just wondering if any of you all carry a gun with you when you ride. I know that Illinois (my beloved state) doesnt allow conceiled carry, but the other 49 do. (the NRA's working on that dont worry). but just wanted some opinions.
    1980 xs1100 Standard

Izzat for when you can't fix the bike on the side of the road?
    I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain View Post
      Izzat for when you can't fix the bike on the side of the road?
      Ha i guess you could use it that way.. I was more or less thinking in the line of self defence.. ie, my girlfriend got mugged at a stoplight by two black dudes...

Its better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.
      1980 xs1100 Standard

Comment

[shrug] I don't have concealed carry so I don't think I get a vote.
        I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Wtf???

ecoviper9,

Dude, you've stumbled upon the wrong forum....move on...PLEASE.
          Last edited by DAVINCI; 03-15-2012, 09:24 PM.
          Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

sorry about the question.. didnt mean to stir up any trouble. just curious if there were any gun rights people out there and their thoughts on the subject.
            1980 xs1100 Standard

Comment

Without getting overly political and into personal opinions on the issue, take note that every state and every city will have their own ordinances about what you can or can not carry. They won't care what the law is where your from. So know where your going and do your research, but I would assume they teach that in the CC classes.

Me, well, I keep my "gun" with me at all times, but I never carry a weapon. (Military joke, "this is my weapon, this is my gun, this is for pleasure, this is for fun.") In 46 years on the panet so far, I have yet to find myself in any situation where I felt like a weapon would be advantagous to me. Maybe I'm just lucky, we know it is not my charming personality.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

haha would you believe that they still do that.. i went through basic training about 5 years ago and i remember marching around our bay chanting the same thing.

And like i said before... i am from IL and definitly know all about the differences in the city and state ordinances... i just know the capabilities of people and the times that were living in is starting to bring out the "finer moments" in people...

thanks for the feedback
                1980 xs1100 Standard

Comment

OK reluctantly I will answer the question... Yes I carry. I'm not a huge political person but I do believe if we don't exercise our rights it makes it that much easier for them to take our rights and privileges away.

I also live in bear, cougar, secluded weed farm, and meth lab country. I've come across many of each in my adventures in the woods. I don't pack to work, I don't pack all the time. But when I travel into the mountain's I will pack.
                  Don
                  1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
                  1989 kawi ex500
                  1996 yzf-r6
                  1999 yzf-r1
                  2001 kawi zx-6r
                  2000 Ducati 748
                  2002 YZF-R1
                  2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

I carry a pack

of gum. Legal everywhere.

scoot

Comment

Originally posted by scoot View Post
                      of gum. Legal everywhere.

scoot
                      ha keepin it fresh.
                      1980 xs1100 Standard

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
                        OK reluctantly I will answer the question... Yes I carry. I'm not a huge political person but I do believe if we don't exercise our rights it makes it that much easier for them to take our rights and privileges away.

I also live in bear, cougar, secluded weed farm, and meth lab country. I've come across many of each in my adventures in the woods. I don't pack to work, I don't pack all the time. But when I travel into the mountain's I will pack.
                        Ya i would too... i dont carry all the time either ... only when im going to chicago.. you can make one wrong turn and two houses later you are in one of the worst blocks in the city... those are places even the cops dont go to.. i blame google maps.. shortest route is definitly not always the best.
                        1980 xs1100 Standard

Comment

I pack

tools in my saddlebags, just in case I find a broke down Harley rider on the side of the road. Of course most of them will refuse my help, but at least I can offer, the pretend dismay that my METRIC tools won't fit their bike .
                          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                          Vetter Windjammer IV
                          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                          OEM Luggage Rack
                          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                          Spade Fuse Box
                          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                          750 FD Mod
                          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
                            tools in my saddlebags, just in case I find a broke down Harley rider on the side of the road. Of course most of them will refuse my help, but at least I can offer, the pretend dismay that my METRIC tools won't fit their bike .
                            hahaha..
                            1980 xs1100 Standard

Comment

Originally posted by ecoviper9 View Post
                              Ya i would too... i dont carry all the time either ... only when im going to chicago.. you can make one wrong turn and two houses later you are in one of the worst blocks in the city... those are places even the cops dont go to.. i blame google maps.. shortest route is definitly not always the best.
                              Ther's no place in Chicago where cops don't go. But, get caught with that piece & you'll be locked up.
                              Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
                              stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                              X