xs11?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodness..

What a trip. h ahha..lol!!! I do respect and appreciate everyones opinion. After all if everyone had the same one with the same taste and preference, how dull would that be for everyone. My father rides Yamaha, putting about 30-40k miles on his bikes every year all over the states and has never put not even one extra chrome gadget or anything of that nature on any bike he has ever owned. So trust me people, I get it. I just have something really great invisioned for an xs11 and wanted a little input from the folks who live, breathed, and loved these wonderfull machines such as yourselves. And I want to thank you all for the feed back, critisizim. ha. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.
    80special w/79special motor.Never ride faster than your angel can fly!!

Comment

Oh yeah,

For the record, I must agree with some of you about the blue bike with the tit-nipple pink frame being a pretty bare display of anything good. Thank heavens there was a girl in that photo. LOL.

Comment

That is one mighty fine piece of artwork........and the bike ain't that bad either! LOL
        My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

Wow, this thread was getting a little ugly there for awhile. My opinion (not that anyone asked for it) is to each his own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people see a stock machine as a starting place, some see it as a beautifull antique that should be preserved as close to original as possible.

Some of the ingenuity, creativeness, and artwork that have been done with the bobbers and custom bikes are amazing and make me wish that I had half the talent they do. But I personally prefer mostly a stock bike for the comfort of ride and versatility that the bike offers.
          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

The clue is not to take anyone one too seriously. We all have opinions, doesn't mean we have to go to war about them!

Dry humor does not translate well to forums.
            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Hey, don't dis these guys. This is where I get my almost new bikes, 20 years later!
              Hey Craz, wasn't dissing, just providing insight as to my preferences. lol But seriously, you think they keep them that long? Three seasons without maintainence would be my guess. lol
              Ernie
              79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
              (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Yes, but you can buy bikes that are 30 years old with less than 10,000 miles on them, commonly.

They all started with some doofuss that kept it for the first 5-20 years and put like 5,000 on it.

A friend of mine (Tour deluxe boy) has a brother that bought a BMW back in the 70's. He rode it for a summer and it has sat in his garage ever since.

We keep threatening to liberate it.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Do whatever you want to the XS, but just make sure you keep the suspension or replace with better. Your back is going to thank you for it later Rigids and bobbers look nice, but 99% of the time they hurt. I used to have a virago with a shot to hell monoshock rear suspension that could almost knock the wind outta me if i ran over a pothole. No point in spending any kind've money on a motorcycle if you're just gonna worry about running over bumps and potholes. My point is please make sure it will still give you a comfy ride that way you will get to enjoy her

Craz...you crack me up man ahahahaa
                  Last edited by Korr; 10-02-2008, 04:13 PM.
                  1978 XS1100E Standard
                  Kerker Exhaust
                  Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                  TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                  Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

more ideas.......

Last edited by Montreux_Blue; 10-02-2008, 07:52 PM.
                    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Here's what appears to look to be a nice 82 Maxim 650.......available!

82 Maxim 650
                      My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

Ha.

ok Blue, That was a couple of ruff lookers. Ha.

Comment

Just rough diamonds! You don't like the rusted exhaust with the glass pack?
                          http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Mine was almost that ugly when I got it, right down to the glasspack,and the really rusty 4 into 1, and a hurting windjammer fairing.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Working...
                            X