X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "...ages I'm wondering if this site comes with a pension plan?..."

Originally posted by thewiz
    Nope. 60 is the new 40
    I'm 30 even so that would make me 10 years old right?
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Re: Re: "...ages I'm wondering if this site comes with a pension plan?..."

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue

I'm 30 even so that would make me 10 years old right?
      Yep

And since you're too young to ride I think you should give your bike to me to look after till you are old enough

Comment

Re: Re: Re: "...ages I'm wondering if this site comes with a pension plan?..."

Originally posted by strippedFJ

Yep

And since you're too young to ride I think you should give your bike to me to look after till you are old enough
        It's not that much bigger than the YZ80 I had when I was 10!!!
        http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

So I am still in my thirties? Funny I don't remember thirty as aching this much.
          No Carl...it is only when you are in your 60's that the rule applies to dropping 20 years, hence the reason your memory is beginning to slip. Take a couple of aspirins (if you're not on a daily dose already) and stock up on BenGay
          Ernie
          79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
          (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

"..No Carl...it is only when you are in your 60's that the rule applies.."

See now, Carl? Ernie has a clear understanding of how the aging process works He is gonna' make a great oldster
            80G Mini-bagger
            VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
            79SF eventually dismantled for parts
            79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
            79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
            79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

I guess im the opposite (for now anyways) ill be 27 in September 2012, and my wife says i act like im 60.(even tho she will be 36 in September too(Shh)) i like everything stock.. i like old big cars( my 87 grand marquis and 83 fifth avenue were my favorite!) i was never into loud bass thumping garbage(sorry) or partying. i like to mostly keep to myself(except around true friends, which are far and few in between) My wife gets irritated because she likes the new hip/modern things that i mostly cant stand. i guess that's why for my first motorcycle i chose a 1978 instead of all the other cycle's at my fingertips... just something about the style of these machine's (and the cars) from the past i was born to late to enjoy have always intrigued a passion in me.. i even have dreams sometimes about what it would of been like to be my age 30 years or so ago..
              1978 XS1100 Macho Maroon!
              http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC00361.jpg

Comment

I'm 48, but I feel like 23. I've been taking night rides lately, becaause that's all I have time for. As I dismount to get her back into the garage, I quiver with the joy of springtime and the buzz of the motor.
                Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
                mods to come

Comment

53 until I am on a bike and in the middle of no where and I get on the extreme edge of where what I am on should be driven.
                  To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                  1980 G Silverbird
                  Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                  1198 Overbore kit
                  Grizzly 660 ACCT
                  Barnett Clutch Springs
                  R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                  122.5 Main Jets
                  ACCT Mod
                  Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                  Antivibe Bar ends
                  Rear trunk add-on
                  http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

40 years physically. 30 mentally. 16 ostensibly.
                    79 Special
                    2012 FJR1300
                    78 E (project. Clutch problems from PO) Must sell

Comment

in may I will be 69 look 50 and think like a teenager
                      remember my first ride , know I have many rides left
                      why stroll when you can Rock 'n ' Roll Iron

Comment

• " i like old big cars( my 87 grand marquis and 83 fifth avenue were my favorite!)"

If that's an old car what does that make my 68 Mustang!?!? In my neighborhood there are several Model T's running around.

As for me I turned a young 50 back on the fourth. My son (who needs to still sign up) is 17 and got his first XS1100 a year ago.
                        Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                        80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                        82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                        82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                        82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                        72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                        72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• Im 54,and unlike most on here, I for the most part,feel 54.but when lm on my XS I feel 16 again. I have 5 chlldren,grandchildren and my wifes 47.Lucky for me kids are grown, otherwise id have no time to ride.
                          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

• I know there not that old :P but they were my favorite!!! the oldest car i ever owned was a 1973 Chrysler Cordoba the newest car i have owned to date is my current POS.. 94 Mazda 626, as for my wife 05 scion Xb. lol

Originally posted by tcoop View Post
                            " i like old big cars( my 87 grand marquis and 83 fifth avenue were my favorite!)"

If that's an old car what does that make my 68 Mustang!?!? In my neighborhood there are several Model T's running around.

As for me I turned a young 50 back on the fourth. My son (who needs to still sign up) is 17 and got his first XS1100 a year ago.
                            1978 XS1100 Macho Maroon!
                            http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC00361.jpg

Comment

• WOW Exactly my Sentiments

Originally posted by olebiker View Post
                              Age 55 feel 85 think 15
                              Everything you said 'cept my actual age is 60...
                              And sometimes even I question that old saying,
                              "being old is better than the only other alternative"
                              Current Rides:
                              02 GL1800 Wing
                              79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
                              81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

• JUST Wait

Originally posted by olebiker View Post
                                So I am still in my thirties? Funny I don't remember thirty as aching this much.
                                IF you think you're aching in your thirties now, just wait until you hit the half-century mark and IF you're in bad physical condition, you'll wish you were back in your good ole aching thirties...ALL those crazy things you did to your body when you were young will come back to haunt you and you will "pay the piper" for burning the candle at both ends...
                                Current Rides:
                                02 GL1800 Wing
                                79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
                                81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

Working...
                                X