Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will turn 33 on the 30th... Some times I feel 50, But I always act 19
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

• 70 in October. Started riding @ 61, Maxim 650. Maximan sold me this XS11 SG that he resurrected from a 20 year sleep in a New Jersey shed in 05. About 85000 miles on it now. New rings in 07, new valves in 09. Pretty good shape now, and the sun is shining today!
      1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

• Older than the hills

I am proud to say I am 73, will be 74 in August, and still riding. Bought my 1st XS 30 years ago, still have it, and another for 12 years.
        put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
        79 F (Blueballs)
        79 SF (Redbutt)
        81 LH (organ donor)
        79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
        76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
        rover has spoken

Comment

• happy birthday DDragon,if you think you feel 50 sometimes now,just wait till you are 50. I'm 54.
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
            happy birthday DDragon,if you think you feel 50 sometimes now,just wait till you are 50. I'm 54.
            Thanks buddy
            Don
            1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
            1989 kawi ex500
            1996 yzf-r6
            1999 yzf-r1
            2001 kawi zx-6r
            2000 Ducati 748
            2002 YZF-R1
            2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

• Most of us riding these bikes now are those who dreamed about owning them back when they were new but couldn't afford them or those who bought them then and never found anything they wanted to give them up for.

I am the former. I have ALWAYS wanted a Yamaha Special. 650, 750, 850 1100. I've ridden them all, 1100 most definitly wins.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                Most of us riding these bikes now are those who dreamed about owning them back when they were new but couldn't afford them or those who bought them then and never found anything they wanted to give them up for.

I am the former. I have ALWAYS wanted a Yamaha Special. 650, 750, 850 1100. I've ridden them all, 1100 most definitly wins.
                I understand what you are saying... the more I ride this old dog the more I understand why Dad was so stuck on it.

I grew up just wanting to pilot this bike, with Dad's permission, of course .... that's not to say I hadn't maybe... just maybe ridden it while they were out of town.

On the other hand I'd give my soul... and yours, to follow him on a ride! just once...
                Don

old:
                1989 kawi ex500
                1996 yzf-r6
                1999 yzf-r1
                2001 kawi zx-6r
                2000 Ducati 748
                2002 YZF-R1
                2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

• I'm 30, and somehow XS bikes keep ending up in my garage.

I bought this thing for 600 bucks not running. It has grown on me, not unlike a irritating fungus.

However, I can see the potential in this machine, and obviously the community surrounding it is pretty incredible, so I haven't set it on fire. Yet.
                  Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
                  Ozark, Alabama

Comment

• I was 28 ... twenty years ago.

Comment

• Me

72 this year and still hard to keep up with.... most just dream of catching me...
                      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                      Drilled airbox
                      Tkat fork brace
                      Hardly mufflers
                      late model carbs
                      Newer style fuses
                      Oil pressure guage
                      Custom security system
                      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

• Originally posted by planedick View Post
                        72 this year and still hard to keep up with.... most just dream of catching me...
                        I'm 53 now, and I hope that's where I am in 20 years!
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

• I'll be 51 just a couple of days after XSEast 2012; It isn't the age -- It's the mileage!
                          Greg C.
                          1986 GoldWing Aspencade
                          1993 Kawasaki KLX 650

Comment

• To quote an old movie, "For a grasshopper I am beyond my years, but for a mountain I have not yet begun to live". Just a number. What I have come to figure out is that if you use it, you will not lose it, if you do not, you will.
                            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                            93 GSX600F
                            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                            81 XS1100 Special
                            81 CB750 C
                            80 CB750 C
                            78 XS750

Comment

• Ride on...

I am 66 and a cancer survivor. Lets just say I have no youthful delusions of immortality. Every day is a blessing.
                              I have been riding since 1959.
                              Special Ed
                              Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                              I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

• Originally posted by Special Ed View Post
                                I am 66 and a cancer survivor. Lets just say I have no youthful delusions of immortality. Every day is a blessing.
                                I have been riding since 1959.
                                Special Ed
                                Keep them knees in the breeze Ed... its good therapy
                                Don

old:
                                1989 kawi ex500
                                1996 yzf-r6
                                1999 yzf-r1
                                2001 kawi zx-6r
                                2000 Ducati 748
                                2002 YZF-R1
                                2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Working...
                                X