No announcement yet.

2024 Colorado Gathering, July 18-22 Westcliffe, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys that are coming and haven't been to Westcliffe before, send me a PM with your cell phone # and I'll text you the address of Command Central at the cabin. Easier to communicate that way vs checking the forum as it gets closer.

Last edited by Bonz; 06-28-2024, 06:43 AM.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I thought I would leave a short comment here to bring this back up...Are we there yet?

Comment

Joe, we aren't there yet. You still haven't taken the "other left turn" to the restaurant.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Howard,I will be taking "the other left turn" from my place here in Ks.According to my maps and Google, there is ONE and only ONE turn between my house and Westxcliffe.....A RIGHT hand turn !!

Comment

I'll be staying in a cabin so my Westcliffe Hotel reservation will be cancelled. Let me know before Wed evening if anyone would like it.
            Darrell
            78E
            80G project
            06FJR

Comment

Belay my last message, Dwayne and his cousin will be staying in the room.
              Darrell
              78E
              80G project
              06FJR

Comment

Room is cancelled. Dwayne and his cousin will not be staying in the room
                Darrell
                78E
                80G project
                06FJR

Comment

For those following along, T -3 days for arrivals on Thursday the 18th.

Friday will be a ride to Colorado Springs and up Pikes Peak. Guys have gotten their timed entry reservations and hope the weather is good to us as afternoon storms are not for riding up a 14,000'+ hill.

Saturday is a good day based on future weather and having done a longer day for Pikes Peak to stay "local" around Westcliffe. Plan is to ride highway 50 along the Arkansas river, take a ride to the Royal Gorge and look over the edge. Then Skyline drive in Canon City, followed by more good roads to Bishop's Castle and return to Westcliffe.

Sunday holds the ride up to Buena Vista, over Cottonwood Pass (second highest paved continuous road in the USA, 12,126') and into Gunnison. Then Hwy 50 over Monarch Pass and back to Westcliffe.

Cheers!
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

You all have a SAFE and enjoyable get-together!
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      You all have a SAFE and enjoyable get-together!

Yep, ditto what motoman said.

Not in Tucumcari last night as planned and headed to Westcliffe today, but so be it.
                      Post some ride updates or a few pics if you can.

Jeff

78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post

Yep, ditto what motoman said.

Not in Tucumcari last night as planned and headed to Westcliffe today, but so be it.
                        Post some ride updates or a few pics if you can.

Jeff

That's a nice ride, done it myself about six years ago, seems to me I remember about a 100 mile stretch with no gas stations along the way. Enjoy!
                        1980 XS1100G

I identify as a man but according to the label on a package of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four!

Comment

Bagged two mountain passes on Sunday's ride. 264 mile round trip.

Cottonwood Pass is the 2nd highest paved road in the United States.
                          Last edited by Bonz; 07-22-2024, 06:22 PM.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

View looking east from Cottonwood Pass.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Skyline Drive, Bishops Castle from Saturday. Also checked out the Royal Gorge. Someone else took those pics, I will post up a few when I get them.
                              Last edited by Bonz; 07-22-2024, 06:22 PM.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Another Great XS Rally by Bonz in Colorado,,,,lots of curvy roads, scenery, good and relaxing cabins,,,,life is good in Colorado. For those that missed it, you missed out. Cheers to all that attended, Roo and Me got back safely after riding from Calif.....mostly great weather untill the desert, then we got bombarded with huge hail of all things, go figure, middle of the desert. Colorado was mostly good weather, check the previous pics. So, big thanks to Bonz for getting this rally and to future get togethers for xs members........ride on,,,Mike in San DIego and Pa.

Comment

Working...
                                X