No announcement yet.

2024 Colorado Gathering, July 18-22 Westcliffe, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy,,,,definite me and Roo, he is contacting 3Phase Scott and seeing if he is available. Probably drag my buddy too, he has a good friend in Denver, so two definite and two maybees,,,,,good to see the xs gang again. I keep my xs in Pa. and the strom in califorinia,,,so bringing the strom, Roo has his thunder VT100 beast, Scott has an ST, my buddy has a hardley. See you all, Mike in S.DIego and Pa.

Comment

Flight reservation made, will book bike tonight - Yamaha FJR
      Darrell
      78E
      80G project
      06FJR

Comment

Hey newc4, good to see you post up, please ask any questions as they come up in preparing for gear, etc.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Plus One ............. Minus One

DRAT that i have to be the minus one for this year.
          Was looking forward to another adventure ride to Colorado this year. A good LD trek is always fun.
          I had made my motel Reservations back in February for this years ride and the Rally. Now I have to cancel them.

Will have to kick-the-can on the US70 ride and maybe do it in September.
          Just canceled my westbound motels in Winona MS, DeQueen AR, Vernon TX & Tucumcari NM.

Hope that someone will take over Ride Photographer position and get some pics up during the Rally.

Jeff
          Last edited by JeffH; 05-30-2024, 03:24 PM.
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Bonz, looking at hotel options. Where will most of the festivities be taking place?
            Darrell
            78E
            80G project
            06FJR

Comment

Group get togethers take place at the cabin north of Westcliffe about 5 miles. Hotels in Westcliffe are the best option. JeffH could offer up ideas as he's reserved one, albeit probably not gonna use it. Easy paved road ride from Westcliffe, then a few hundred yards of road base dirt to the cabin at DeWeese reservoir.

Typically we'll do cookouts in the evenings after each day of riding at the cabin. Guys pitch in and we make a run to the local grocery for what we need.

Nice local restaurants in Westcliffe as well. Some guys staying at the hotels get dinner out each night as they don't wanna ride back to the hotel after dark, inevitably we hang out on the patio and visit into the later evening​​​​​​. Or they just wanna shower at the hotel, eat, go to bed and get ready for the next day.

Aim for kickstands up around 8 am each day at the Shell in Westcliffe by the hotel.

Your rental FJR will have Harry's FJR to keep it company.
              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Getting the bikes ready fellows?

Been busy on the ZRX1200 the past week or so. The time trailering to and from NC and the minimal riding in a year while there was not kind overall.
                -New rear tire.
                -Oil change.
                -Replaced steering head bearings, wow they were shot...
                -Went through the carbs, checked and adjusted float heights. #2 was off a couple mm and slow to return when "flicking" it. Should be bouncy/springy, this one was not.
                -Swapped in another float, problem solved and adjusted to proper height.
                -Carb sync.
                -Front brake pads.
                -Cleaned/lubed throttle cables and speedometer cable.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in July.

Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                X