2011 CaliRally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 CaliRally

As there seems to be interest, let's open up a new thread for the new year.

My plan is to go back to Santa Margarita KOA the FRI-SAT-SUN of June 10-11-12. I will make my ressies there sometime in January and plan to do the whole hosting bit.

I know there was talk of a CO rally in July, and that is fine. I will do this one in any case, barring unforeseen events.

If any of the brethren or sistren have ideas/objections/suggestions, it is an open agenda as always. I look forward to seeing you all again and hope to see some new faces, not that the old faces were that bad....
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

LoHo,

Count me (us) in I had cataract surgery last week and will definitely schedule the other eye early enough in the year so that I'll be riding by June. This past weekend was gorgeous, but I couldn't ride because I can't lift anything heavier than 5 to 10 pounds and my jacket weighs 15! Surgery went fine, in fact I'm reading this font almost unaided with my "new" eye.

Ralph

Comment

im in

Any body want to share a cabin?
      91 kwaka kz1000p
      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to be able to make it although I'd really like to. But that is right around the same time as our annual HS Riding Reunion, and it kinda takes precedence, although I THINK it's the previous weekend which would make it fine.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Rally TIME !!!

Good to see that The GREAT LoHo is still kicking.....me and the other San Diego crew should be up there. Glad to hear we have a rally going. I know the Colorado rally is summer but both should be a good time. Since the Terminator terminated our summer school classes, the rallies are at a good time. Maybe a few more coastal rides would be cool for a change of pace rides, maybe the Redwood areas Special Ed and DiverRay knows like the back of their hands. Nothing like a good seafood lunch along the Coastal area to please the mind and body. See you all, Mike in S.Diego
          mike
          1982 xj1100 maxim
          1981 venture bagger
          1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
          1959 wife

Comment

I have a MNS that is LOOKING for a reason to go! I should be able to make it, as long as I'm free. I will not know until about a month before, due to the type of work I am now doing.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

lOHO-
              Your smiling face and spatula were much missed! I hope I can make it! Even if I don't get around to a rebuild on the bike. When I parked it, it was running fine. All it needs is a thorough maintainance work over.
              All I need is a thorough maintainance work over! I just bought 2.5 LBS of Muscle Milk and joined a gym. My second car broke down and I've had to start riding a pedal bike. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. I can feel my legs getting stronger by the day.
              2010 really sucked! The Central Coast Rally was the highlight of the year. I am really looking forward to a reunion this Summer.
              Special Ed
              Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
              I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Yeah, well, if I don't get a brilliant idea pretty soon, I'm going to trailer Effing Bee down there and then hold up breakfast until you guys get her running...and I don't mean Mike pushing while Ed does motorcycle noises..Vroom Vroom!

Comment

I'm going to attempt to make both the CO rally in July and this one in June, I had a good time last year. Just have to get the blessing of SWMBO...
                  1979 xs1100 Special -
                  Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                  Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                  My Bike:
                  [link is broken]

Comment

trailer it

Hey LoHo, good idea, trailer down the bike if it doesnt drive you crazy by Rally time. Between 3Phase, DiverRay, and other mechanical, electrical gurus, we should be able to revive it. Hopin' its just a simple TCI replacement or the tipover switch, but if not, keep us informed and we can all bring tools, replacement parts needed to revive the old girl.........Mike in Sun DIego, not to be redundant but its probably something simple, maybe try to recall any repairs done right before the bike started acting up and narrow it down
                    mike
                    1982 xj1100 maxim
                    1981 venture bagger
                    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                    1959 wife

Comment

Has anybody made their reservations (or any firm plans) yet? SWMBO is tentatively scheduled to attend a conference on the weekend in question. If we could move it a week forward, she'll be able to attend. If not, it's OK, I'll go without her. (I have permission.)

Ralph

Comment

Re-Activation

I went looking for this site a couple of weeks ago and didin't find it. Without acitvity it gets dropped into an Archive (or something like that). So I'm posting this non-sensical message to keep the line open.

Had my second cataract surgery today, all went well.

It looks as SWMBO will be able to attend (as of this posting).

Ralph

Comment

Glad to hear it!

And thanks for keeping the thread alive! Hope to see you this summer.
                          Special Ed
                          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Ressie has been made!

I have asked for Kabin 28, the one we sort of took over two years ago. 29 is next door, if a couple of guys want to split it (@$68 a night). I'll do the same meal deal as before, and will have my gorgeous bride in tow, and perhaps my youngest, but not a certainty. Now to put my bike back together and see if she'll run.

As we get closer, I'll need a head count to plan food, so monitor this list for updates.

Comment

(raises hand) If my neighbor can refrain from doing any more of his forestry work on my bikes I'll be there.

Should I reserve a site?
                              -- Scott
                              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                              1979 XS1100F: parts
                              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                              X