No announcement yet.

2011 ColoRally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, ja, smoke from ze Fatherland und BMW putensmoke nichten remainen en das motrorevven boxenheaden electrosmoken partenshorten un allen ductapen fixenbroken.

So check for a fuse anyway just in case the bike isn't smarter than you think it is, the safety interkluge might have been hack^Wdesigned with the same tender loving care as some of their other bikes.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Maybe located similarly on that model......

MaBecause, I've just learned, the sidestand cut-out circuit was unfused.
      > > The circuit runs from the ignition switch, via the kill switch and
      [quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
      > certainly bypass the switch if I can because that switch cuts out a lot
      > more circuits than just the engine.

If it's like mine, behind the right-hand panel, at the top, by the frame
      rail there are two connectors. One's sort of cylindrical: the other is
      squarish, and a two-pin jobbie.

That's the sidestand cut out. Unplug it, make up a short length of wire
      with a connector at each end, and plug that into the male connector, one
      end on each 'prong'.

That does the trick. Then cover in self-amalgamating tape, my new
      favourite plaything.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• No, a fuse is NOT the problem. The CHEAP AZZ switch they use IS the problem! A motor cop said he's been through THREE already! My fix is for the time I have the bike, and maybe longer.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• Okay, Ray, glad you got it fixed!
          -- Scott
          _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Welcome back Ray!

Next weekend is the Moto GP at Laguna Seca. I was going to suggest we go this year, but I just checked their website, and it seems the tickets are sold out! We could probably get tickets if we tried, but maybe we could just do "bike nite" on Cannery Row.
            Special Ed
            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

• Durango videos

For those that attended - I posted a couple of video clips on YouTube from that handlebar mounted camera I had...

Nothing too special but the scenery is nice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jwhughes3

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• John:

Thanks for posting the videos. I watched all three...wish I was down in that part of the country instead of sitting here on my desk.....
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• should be 4 videos

#28 29 30 & 35 - you missed one

Where are you Jerry and did you move to DeBeque? I thought yours used to say something else...

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

• Thanks, John! I was back in Colorado for a little while there!
                    -- Scott
                    _____

Comment

• John:

I have been in DeBeque since '06. Before that I was in Rifle, which is about 30 miles east of DeBeque. Both towns are right off I-70. DeBeque is about 35 miles east of Grand Junction.

I'll have to go back in and look at the 4th video, sorry I missed it!

If you don't mind, I would like to put a link to your videos, or at least the 6+ minute one, on my Colorado rally page. Would that be OK with you?
                      Jerry Fields
                      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                      '06 Concours
                      My Galleries Page.
                      My Blog Page.
                      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• no problem at all

I guess I remembered you saying Grand Junction and it stuck in my head -

Please post video links as you please - they are meant to share.

John

Comment

• Nice videos JW!
                          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                            John:

Thanks for posting the videos. I watched all three...wish I was down in that part of the country instead of sitting here on my desk.....
                            I don't know, debeque is nice. I was hoping to be down there this weekend.

Nice videos by the way, looks like I missed the rally by a month. dang it

Comment

• I missed the rally by a month. dang it
                              No rally needed to ride...........rally of one.........or two.............just ride.......
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                              X