Summer San Diego Rally and ride Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free lunch and a ride?

Free lunch and a ride,,,,I am there. Any sat. afternoon or sunday is cool,,,I run sat. morn and it takes an hour or two to recover. If the 22nd is on let me know and I can coax the bro inlaw, Tom, out for a ride also in Garth Country..regards, Mike in V.C.
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Originally posted by garthxs View Post
      Hey mage where do you live I have days off during the week sometimes let me know
      >>>Location: Carson City, NV<<<

Anyways, my schedule is shifting a bit, betting a transfer to Reno over some BS, but once things have settled a bit Lake Tahoe has some great riding areas. Last time the guys rolled through we didn't even go very far around. Up on the cliffs over Emerald Bay is beautiful.

And I just checked an e-mail from Big Boss (video game reference), looks like Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be my "weekend".

You guys have a great ride!
      1981 XS1100S (former)
      2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

san diego

I thought you were in san diego?
        Originally posted by BlkMage View Post
        >>>Location: Carson City, NV<<<

Anyways, my schedule is shifting a bit, betting a transfer to Reno over some BS, but once things have settled a bit Lake Tahoe has some great riding areas. Last time the guys rolled through we didn't even go very far around. Up on the cliffs over Emerald Bay is beautiful.

And I just checked an e-mail from Big Boss (video game reference), looks like Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be my "weekend".

You guys have a great ride!
        91 kwaka kz1000p
        Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

free lunch

i knew that would get your attention
          Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
          Free lunch and a ride,,,,I am there. Any sat. afternoon or sunday is cool,,,I run sat. morn and it takes an hour or two to recover. If the 22nd is on let me know and I can coax the bro inlaw, Tom, out for a ride also in Garth Country..regards, Mike in V.C.
          91 kwaka kz1000p
          Stock

Comment

I thought you were in san diego?
            He's out in Nevada; bit of a ride on a 600.

BMage, it'd be nice to see you again but having mid-week weekends makes it tough to work it. I might be heading out to Reno with Bobber to pick up some rims for his bike but I think it'd be on a Monday... not sure right now.

Regards,

Scott
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
              He's out in Nevada; bit of a ride on a 600.

BMage, it'd be nice to see you again but having mid-week weekends makes it tough to work it. I might be heading out to Reno with Bobber to pick up some rims for his bike but I think it'd be on a Monday... not sure right now.

Regards,

Scott
              That 600 made it down for Labor Day didn't it? My schedule starting around the beginning of September is 12:30am to 8:30am, so there might be a little hangout time in there. Or, I might be switching jobs and getting a "normal" schedule back, but that is just a maybe.

And garth, I was BORN in SD, but live in Nevada.
              1981 XS1100S (former)

Comment

Originally posted by BlkMage View Post
                That 600 made it down for Labor Day didn't it?
                Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you very patiently followed us old farts^W^W seasoned riders on our dinosaurs around on those nice twisties instead of unsheathing the Katana, too. That took more self-control and skill than the long ride to and from Nevada.

Regards,

Scott
                -- Scott
                _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                  Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you very patiently followed us old farts^W^W seasoned riders on our dinosaurs around on those nice twisties instead of unsheathing the Katana, too. That took more self-control and skill than the long ride to and from Nevada.

Regards,

Scott
                  That's the great thing about having a "sport-touring" bike, it can do both!
                  Besides, that ride only made me miss my old XS a little bit more.
                  1981 XS1100S (former)

Comment

your welcome

Mage - if you want come on down but it is just a day ride and not really a big event
                    91 kwaka kz1000p
                    Stock

Comment

Can't, I'm working 7am to 3pm that day. I hate how they're always changing my schedule...
                      1981 XS1100S (former)

Comment

i hear that

I have the same problem too
                        91 kwaka kz1000p
                        Stock

Comment

San Diego 8/24 get together

Damn! This is what I get for not checking in sooner. SWMBO and I were casting about for a ride for this weekend. Our daughter said that you had a gullywasher of a rainstorm yesterday, so with a chance of rain today, we're cleaning out the garage. (Anybody need a motorcycle jack or a wet cell battery charger? See my ads in Classified section.)

We are both up for Saturday rides in September and onward. I'll try to keep checking here for info.

Ralph

Comment

sorry

I guess we will miss you then!
                            Originally posted by REFFI View Post
                            Damn! This is what I get for not checking in sooner. SWMBO and I were casting about for a ride for this weekend. Our daughter said that you had a gullywasher of a rainstorm yesterday, so with a chance of rain today, we're cleaning out the garage. (Anybody need a motorcycle jack or a wet cell battery charger? See my ads in Classified section.)

We are both up for Saturday rides in September and onward. I'll try to keep checking here for info.

Ralph
                            91 kwaka kz1000p
                            Stock

Comment

what a day!

it turned out to be a good one , bobber and 3pase rode thru the night and ended up in dullzura at about midnight , they gave me call in the am and were on the way , planedick came down and got lost on the way to my house, and soccer4m and eagletom showed up at about noonish and my new neighbor mike rolled up as well. then we get a call from 3phase and he is on the side of the road somewhere ? stuck in fifth gear , he bent the little star shaped plate that keeps the shift drum pins in, he managed to bend the one he had back into shape and rode over to my place. we then rode down to chula vista had a big lunch and shot the breeze , then we headed out on the 94 due east great road , nice 2lane blacktop lots of turns and hilly country but hot , and muggy so we rode out to campo took a break and gassed up and traveled north on state highway 1 . another fast back road , only misshaps me and mike both got bee stings . we then hit the 8 west and hauled @ss west going down the road in loose highspeed formation , plane dick headed home on the 15 as did soccer4m ,eagletom, and joey. we on the other hand headed back to my place by the beach , and shot the shoot and did some test runs around the block on my 79fer and mikes crazy 79sf, sorry i cant find the cord to my camera so pics will follow, any way Cheers all of you I had a great day!!
                              Last edited by GARTHXS; 08-22-2009, 11:20 PM. Reason: size
                              91 kwaka kz1000p
                              Stock

Comment

Cheers all of you I had a great day!!
                                Great ride and company! I need to look closer at that shift drum, pin, and retainer plate and see what Yamaha was thinking when they made it. I'd prefer that it not happen again.

Bobber and I hit some major traffic heading back to Lost Angeleez on the I5 so we tried El Camino Real from San Clemente. It wasn't much better. Bobber's front tire developed a nasty bubble so I followed him to Santa Barbara. Bobber, his girlfriend and I walked to a local bar a few doors down and relaxed for a while, then I rode back to Simi. I got home about o'midnight-thirty and slept like a log.

It was a good ride and a good weekend -- thanks, Garth!

Regards,

Scott
                                -- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X