Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VJMC rally at Suches / TWO in 2005 - who's in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Kat was hungrey

Allmost ready got a call to night the Kat is ready .new tires fork springs rear shock rebulit brake pades spark plugs air cleaner oil change carbs resinked new rear axel rear wheel beraings and cush drive . yes the kat was hungery . but if I want to keep up with Gary and Marty I had better feed the old Kat real well.

XSivly
    Bruce
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

So, how many of us will be at Suches this weekend?

I just checked the forcast and it looks great. Friday 78 and Sunny - Saturday 76 and Sunny - Sunday 75 and Sunny and the lows are in the mid 40's. We won't have to scrape the frost off our seats.
      Bill Murrin
      Nashville, TN
      1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
      1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
      2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
      2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
      1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
      2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Ready

I think that we've finally have all five of the bikes and both trailers ready. We load the trailers tomorrow and the 7 of us will leave Thursday after work and plan to be in Suches early afternoon on Friday.
        Walt
        80 XS11s - "Landshark"
        79 XS11s
        03 Valkyrie
        80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
        78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
        81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

READY OR NOT

I am now on vac.
          I have been looking forward to this all year, Gary picks me up at 6.00 pm . Then to two,s on friday at noon If every works right.

XSivly
          Bruce
          Bruce Gerken
          '79 XS1100SF
          "The Black"
          '2009 BMW k1300GT'
          The Red Sled.
          St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

You two have a safe trip Bruce,

It almost 8:00 am Thursday. I am out of here for T.W.O.

See everyone there.

Ralph Meeks
            Ralph Meeks
            79F
            80SG

Comment

Does anyone know if a long ride somewhere is still planned for Saturday morning? Later 'Dog

Comment

YES

I think that saterday ride is all mapped out and 3 or 4 difrant rides for sunday . and then there,s the rest of the week. rember to fill the bikes the night before .

XSivly
                Bruce
                Bruce Gerken
                '79 XS1100SF
                "The Black"
                '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                The Red Sled.

Comment

Might make it on Sunday

Hey guys,
                  I planned to come up late Friday night and be there Saturday and Sunday, but it looks like my plans have taken a turn for the worse. I still hope to get up early Sunday morning and go on a ride with some of you then and get to meet some of you. I will ride my XS1100, but I just got a 1983 Honda VT500C, it is a small V-Twin. Runs great, looks great, I don't think it has ever seen rain on it. One of the neighborhood kids was playing around in the garage with our kids and someone broke the right turn signal light already, but other than that it is mint. Got to get it on the road next week. Guy from church had it sitting in his garage for the last three years. He bought a Vulcan 1500 in 2002 and parked it, and it hasn't been ridden since. Less than 18,000 miles on it. He is one of those people who takes great care of his stuff too. Serviced on time every time. So far all he said was to get it out of his garage. Don't know what he will eventually want for it, but I told him I wanted it for my daughter to ride and he talked to her about it a little. I think the sum of $700.00 was mentioned. Worth that I think. See you guys Sunday.

Ron
                  "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Comment

Thanks Bruce. Hope to see you there. Later 'Dog

Comment

ride report old GA2

20 miles of one lane gravel road, 14 of it loose gravel through cohutta wildlife managment area of national forrest. FR68 NOT paved. Paved portions are great Classic two lane black top. Three (3) XS1100 bikes did make it through without incident, though it took several hours. Two came out gray with dust. The other was so shiney and pollished that dust wouldnot stick to it.

Happy motoring,
                      Brent back home in Lilburn GA
                      It is a great big beautiful world out there
                      Brent in GA
                      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Great meeting you Brent. hope to spend more time with you guys next year. Later 'Dog

Comment

Re: ride report old GA2

Originally posted by Brent
                          20 miles of one lane gravel road, 14 of it loose gravel through cohutta wildlife managment area of national forrest. FR68 NOT paved. Paved portions are great Classic two lane black top. Three (3) XS1100 bikes did make it through without incident, though it took several hours. Two came out gray with dust. The other was so shiney and pollished that dust wouldnot stick to it.

Happy motoring,
                          Brent back home in Lilburn GA
                          Brent,

Thanks for the ride report....I got a live report from Bohn, too! He ended up staying another night. Just left for home (7am).

He said his bike was hairy dirty, but we didn't get see it.

I think you have him addicted to the adventure riding, he keep using words like and 'Never Seen anything like it" and "Thank you Lord" to descibe it.

Our ride included some dirt and a few river crossings (no bridge) too. We had a small incident as well...more later...
                          Gary Granger
                          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

It was great to see and ride with all of you for one more year. There was a really good turnout of XS11's and others. Weren't there 15 bikes on the one Saturday ride? Although the ride Saturday had a couple to many incidences for me. I wonder if the ST1100 guy knows where he is now.

See you next year.
                            Bill Murrin
                            Nashville, TN
                            1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                            1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                            2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                            2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                            1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                            2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Home safe and sound

Got home tonight, extended the weekend another day. We took 19 all the way to Beckly WV, with short hop on 16. The ride was great and for the first time , no rain the whole trip. 1975 miles, 38 hours riding time (from my bike computer).
                              It was great seeing you guys again along with some new I've never met. Hope everyone got home safe. Terry and Mary home safe also.

Bruce Heckert
                              Bruce Heckert
                              1980 Yamaha XS11SG-sold
                              1988 Honda GL 1500
                              2001 Suzuki SV650S-sold
                              1981 Honda CM200T
                              2012 Honda CBR250-sold
                              2012 Suzuki Vstrom

Comment

Originally posted by nashville_bill
                                It was great to see and ride with all of you for one more year. There was a really good turnout of XS11's and others. Weren't there 15 bikes on the one Saturday ride? Although the ride Saturday had a couple to many incidences for me. I wonder if the ST1100 guy knows where he is now.

See you next year.
                                Looked for news on the ST guy didn't really find anything , if he was with an organized ST rally maybe they have info on an ST forum.

We actually had 18 bikes to start the ride on SAT, there was a group of about 6 doing another ride, so it was a good turn out.

I am tring out some routes down here now....next years ride will be planned on roads I actually know , I think we need to return to Deal's Gap next year, so in the spirit of taking on for the team I will go up there today and ride .

Other news...Brent came back yesterday for a good day of riding...we took 52 W to 2 and a trip through the seriously twisty Fort Mountain State Park, 136 on the way home had about 10 miles of backto back sweepers that was awesome even HWY 9 (Bill Elliott HWY) had a great section of twisties. Finshed the day with a 2 inch thick steak at Danny's in Delonega , and, back at TWO, a growler full of hand made beer from Heinzelmannchen brewery in Sylva, NC.

Let's see some links to the pictures guys!

Later,
                                Gary
                                Gary Granger
                                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
                                X