Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VJMC rally at Suches / TWO in 2005 - who's in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Marty and the gang,

Well, isn't this a pisser!! I could have sworn that the times/dates were further towards the end of the month, but then again, I guess I'm confusing this with the Spring East rally which is near the end of May!

I've got a continuing education course...an actual big CONFERENCE that I have to attend Oct 14-16, have already got hotel reservations, and work is arranging flight transportation and such, footing the bills, and it's needed for my continued employment!!

So....it looks like I'll be bowing out this year afterall, DARNIT!!!!!
    I was so looking forward to those twisties, and seeing everyone again! Well, Ralph/Marty, at least you now have enough notice to give my bed to someone else!!! Guess I'll have to fire up that DVD I made to help me get thru the weekend!! I'm so sorry!!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

That's a bummer TC....we will miss you!

My new tires will be here in a day or two, I am busy planning routes on the GPS. I will have to call rob and get the layout of the 300 mile ride he is promising on the web.

Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Guess I need to get in here somewhere. I still plan to go and have the usual room in the lodge. I hope Bob can make it.
        TC, that is not news I wanted to hear. Sorry. You will be missed.
        Do not know what bike I am riding but since they are both XSs it doesn't matter.
        Gonna be great to see everyone again.

Ralph Meeks
        Ralph Meeks
        79F
        80SG

Comment

HEY TC
          You will be missed .I know that you will be there in spirt.I think this will be the first rally I been to you have not been there.

My new tires fork and springs are here . Went to a party the other night pulled my bike in my frends grage to do a burn out had to quite I coud not breath to much smoke.7000 miles is alot for a tire on my bike

XSivly
          Bruce
          Bruce Gerken
          '79 XS1100SF
          "The Black"
          '2009 BMW k1300GT'
          The Red Sled.
          St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Talked to our buddy Bob with the Hardley and he is in for the T.W.O. trip. Gonna be nice to have some company down and back this time.

Hope we have a good turn out in N. Ga.

Ralph M.
            Ralph Meeks
            79F
            80SG

Comment

camping out

Hey Ralph,
              I lived in Rockingham, NC for the last six years before I moved down here to God's country in GA. Sanford's just up the road. You a golfer? Just about have to be to live up there. I plan to come up on Saturday and camp out at TWO with a buddy who has a Harley 883, if I can talk him into coming. I don't think I'll have to twist his arm. Somebody throw a log down on a good spot and write my name on it. LOL. If anybody gets a schedule for the Saturday ride beforehand let me know please. I'll have to come up early Saturday and throw the tent up, then get going for the riding. It is about 65 miles up there for me, so I'll be getting warmed up by the time I get there. See you guys then. Really looking forward to it. Hate to see TC isn't going to make it.

"I call her Spirit, cause like the wind, she goes wherever she wants to."
              "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Comment

I'll be there, might bring my two brothers with me. Glad I got meet TC, Marty, and some others last year. Too bad TC can't make it. Later 'Dog

Comment

Suches

I just found out that 3 more riders (A Dad and two sons) and 1 more spectator (his SWMBO) will be joining my group in the cabin at High Valley. Should be a fun weekend.
                  Walt
                  80 XS11s - "Landshark"
                  79 XS11s
                  03 Valkyrie
                  80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
                  78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
                  81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

I'm in @ TWO

I will be camping (no reservation required) @ TWO fri or sat or both. Riding black & white XS1100 or maybe rat bike 83Honda450

I look forward to seeing and riding with XSives, what ever they are riding.

see you in the autumnl.
                    Brent in GA
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Brent, no more off-roadin', OK?

I'll be on one of those 'whatevers' this year, next year I might bring the XS if I still have it.

Chompin' on the bit...
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Rob did get hold of me.

Will be there. I am swamped. Im open to suggestions but no planned ride has ever been done to the SC part of the mountains. Why don’t you plan the ride as you by this time have more miles in that area than I do! Would you accept the nomination of tour planner? If so it’s done! As a note: I have made a couple runs to Alabama in the NE area and it is REALLY NICE!!!! Lots o country, twists, turns, hills etc. Im open to a run out there if you think it would be worth the highway miles.

I have my 00 BMW R1100RT this year. J Wife bought it for me J

Hope my health insurance kicks in just in time.

We have been growing lots, just rolled out a shopping carb based website last nite. Have an employee in the shop, and doing R&D for making parts in Asia. Im busy is an understatement.

See you there!

Sounds like the classic Japanese rally needs to be re-named as the Modern Classic World Bike Rally...or something.
                        Gary Granger

Comment

14 days

I have been looking forward to this all year . I am ready the bike is almost ready. I know if i wash it . It still be the same color as gray,s when we get ther.

XSivly
                          Bruce
                          Bruce Gerken
                          '79 XS1100SF
                          "The Black"
                          '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                          The Red Sled.
                          St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

OK who had the 4 bed room upstairs? I emailed and asked about the 3 bed room (we were still down stairs) and they told me it was available. Marty, Ralph wasn't that your room? Maybe we are all in it?

I got an email saing they moved me upstairs to room 2 (4 beds).

Also I guess there are beds available in the lodge....let me know so I can straighten this out.
                            Gary Granger

Comment

I'll try, but Ralph M's reply is what I would go with. We had 4 in there one year I think. We had three last year. This year it is just me an Raff. That room is the one in the back left down the hall, isn't it?

Better ask Ralph, his memory works.
                              Marty in NW PA
                              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Marty, we have room #3 for the 13th, 14th, and 15th of October. I just called and made sure.

ralph meeks
                                Ralph Meeks
                                79F
                                80SG

Comment

Working...
                                X