No announcement yet.

Ride FLA 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2MO-24641-00 the part # for the gas cap seal.
    80 G

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
      Good to meet you too Eric, nice ride that day, until next time, ride safe.
      Yea. Good to meet you too. I'm up for more road trips in the future.
      80 G

Comment

We are re-group today in Parrish. At the Florida Train Museum.
        Yesterday was a "do what you want" day and all did something different.

Heading to Clermont next. Check-In at motel then off to Citrus Tower to meet up with Ernie. Think we will have some takers on that Prime Rib special tonight.

Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Really nice group dinner tonight at Uncle Kenny's BBQ in Clermont. Food was fantastic. Killer yummy huge BBQ Spring Roll appetizers. Prime Rib was like candy. Ernie recommended the place and set it up for us. Thanks Ernie. Always nice to meet up with other XSives. Great to see you again too.

View from the 22 story Citrus Tower next door was excellent. Panoramic views in all directions.

Tomorrow AM we are off to the Eustis Bike Show and Swap meet. The warm high 70's gave way to well, as you would guess, a bit less. Topped out at windy 63 today. After 5 days of not a cloud in the sky we had a tad o' grey on Wed. Actually wall of black. Rained for about 15 miles Wed AM as temps dropped from 76 to 65 as that big cold front swept by. So dodged a bullet with that one. But looking at the news, many seem to be dealing with snow and blizzards so I guess 65 isn't something to complain about.

Jeff
          Last edited by JeffH; 03-08-2018, 09:04 PM.
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

It was great to meet some new folks, glad you were able to swing by! Enjoy the rest of your ride.

Ernie
            1979 XS110F, Stock
            1980 XS1100G, Mostly Stock, gifted to my son.
            2000 YZ 250, Sold
            2002 YZ125, Sold
            2009 Royal Star Venture
            '94 Pontiac Trans Am, 25th Anniversary, For Sale

Ernie

Comment

Friday:
              We enjoyed the Eustis Bike Show and Swap meet. Then decided to ride to Steinhatchee to have early dinner at Roy's on the inlet to the Gulf of Mexico. Then rode to Tallahassee.
              Nice day. Pretty warm and sunny. Not the strong winds we had to deal with on Thursday.
              About time to wrap up this year's rally rides.

Jeff
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Saturday:
                Mike and I are back at home in Atlanta. We sure had a fantastic week meeting up with everyone. Good Times. Rode 1,985 miles. Good eats. Only hit rain for about 15 miles in Fort Myers. Otherwise the Sunshine State didn't disappoint. Got lucky picking a good week to ride.

Back roads ride today north from Don's in Tallahassee. Warmed up to 70. But nasty traffic getting across Atlanta. Seemed like 20 miles creeping in first gear and slipping the clutch then another 25 WOT.

Sure are some nice back roads to explore in Florida. Spanish moss covered trees in the north and fragrant oranges central and south. Good seeing everyone. Thanks

Jeff
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

A couple pics. May have a couple more on the other camera to try and post

Odd that nobody wanted to 'get close' to take a Selfie with the Alligator

we did have duct tape on the bikes but guess we decided not to attempt fate .......
                  this one was big enough to inflict some serious damage. It crawled up on the bank in front of us.

Nice 11's - Jonathan and Eric ready to ride

Always great to get together for a Rally Ride

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by speedlimit85 View Post
                    2MO-24641-00 the part # for the gas cap seal.
                    Thanks for the information on the gas cap seal.
                    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Just an FYI for all on the ride that know, I now own 4 XS1100's. Well, 3 are ride-able. Phil helped me out a lot with going back to Bradenton and picking them up. I have so many parts now. Felt like we were on an episode of American Picker's yesterday when we met the owner of the bikes and parts. Doesn't even seem like it was only yesterday we drove around 500 miles RT yesterday. Phil's been so helpful as anyone who knows him already knows. He helped me breakdown the donor bike taking all the usable parts we could. I'll post some more information as I'll be selling off some parts on XS11 for those who may need it in order to make back some of my investment.

And yes, my wife knows about all the bikes and parts. I'm glad I didn't just rent a truck and drive them home last week though.

It was a fantastic ride and hopefully next year we can get even more riders on the trip.
                      Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Florida Ride

It has been almost a week now that Jeff and I returned safely home from Florida. We had a blast. Total travel was nearly 2000 miles and 8 days. During the week, we had as many as 4 XS110s traveling with the "other" bikes. No one had any problems with their machines. We went as far south as Naples and worked our way back north catching a swap meet/bike show in Eustis, FL hosted by the VJMC on Friday, Mar. 9. Weather was perfect (some cool days) and we ran into a little rain just about 5 miles from home.

There were lots of stops for sightseeing (alligators, Citrus Tower, etc.) and we rode an air boat in the Everglades.

Only complaint that we had was that our hotel in Clermont had no power or hot water shortly after we checked in. They did compensate us for the inconvenience.
                        1981 XS1100H Venturer
                        K&N Air Filter
                        ACCT
                        Custom Paint by Deitz
                        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                        Stebel Nautilus Horn
                        EBC Front Rotors
                        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment