Ride FLA 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week till Ride Logistics

Just one week until 2018 XS Rally season begins. Think i'm hearing yippie .............

If you want to join us please do. Show up in car if needed, that is ok too.

Friday March 2nd
    > Plan is to arrive at the motel by 6PM or whatever floats your boat. Don will arrive at 6pm. Mike & I will shoot for 6pm 'if' we can get out of Atlanta the 50+ miles we have to go without too many hassles. It gets dark about 7pm so will adjust the days ride to be there before dark.
    > Plan is to have Group Dinner at one of the walk-to places nearby. Longhorn or Olive Garden right there on US90. Panda too. Across the street on US90 is Texas Roadhouse but you have to be brave to run across US90.

Saturday March 3rd
    > Likely leave on the Group Ride about 9:15AM. Head up to Moniac GA along the St Mary's River (i promise NO SAND roads) . I you want to meet us later in the day we plan to have lunch at Ronnie's in Green Cove Springs. We should get there about 12:30. So that's a good meet up point and join us for lunch.
    > I've driven by Olustee Battlefield on US90 many times. This time I thought i'd stop on the PM return ride to Lake City. It is open until 5pm. A famous civil war battle site.
    > Sat PM Group Dinner in Lake City. One of the places mentioned above or maybe Gondolier for Italian. Lots of choices.

Sunday March 4th
    > Good meet points would be say 10:30 at Chevron in Newberry.
    Planning to have lunch at Stumpknockers in Inverness on US41. Cooter Pond, Shell station, Stumpknockers and the Old Courthouse Museum are all on Old Main St next to the Lake. Should be at Stumpknockers (Cooter Pond) about 12 noon. Then can look around first then eat or if hungry eat first.

Wednesday PM March 8 Dinner
    > Group Dinner and maybe a Citrus Tower visit. Clermont FL. Ernie plans to join us. About 4pm if we want to visit the famous Citrus Tower. Right off US27 in Clermont on (you guessed it) Citrus Tower Blvd. Dinner next to the tower at Uncle Kenny's BBQ. Say 5pm or whatever. That's where we plan to be.

Guess that it for now. That's what is getting T'd up.

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post

Wednesday PM March 8 Dinner
      > Group Dinner and maybe a Citrus Tower visit. Clermont FL. Ernie plans to join us. About 4pm if we want to visit the famous Citrus Tower. Right off US27 in Clermont on (you guessed it) Citrus Tower Blvd. Dinner next to the tower at Uncle Kenny's BBQ. Say 5pm or whatever.

Jeff

Woops! That is THURSDAY March 8th Citrus Tower in Clermont. Thursday the 8th for Uncle Kenny's BBQ.

btw: no specific group plans yet for Wed night Mar 7th. We said we would discuss that Wed PM - Thurs AM plan when we get to Lake City. Maybe Ybor City visit before riding up to Days Inn Clermont.

Then of course Fri AM March 9th we are going to the International Bike Show and Swap Meet in Eustis. Head home by say 4pm Fri the 9th.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Can't wait, be there Friday.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Clermont Dinner

Thanks for posting Jeff, got busy at the end of the week. I think the BBQ will be enjoyed by all.

Ernie
          1979 XS110F, Stock
          1980 XS1100G, Mostly Stock, gifted to my son.
          2000 YZ 250, Sold
          2002 YZ125, Sold
          2009 Royal Star Venture
          '94 Pontiac Trans Am, 25th Anniversary, For Sale

Ernie

Comment

I plan on meeting y'all 9am on Saturday.
            80 G

Comment

BONUS Ride

I was planning the 2018 Florida Rally to be over Friday March 9th about 2pm. After attending the Eustis Bike Show and Swap Meet.

Nope! just added a Bonus Ride Day - Join us if you can

Now plan is to leave the Bike Show at the Lake County Fair Grounds in Eustis then ride to Don's in Tallahassee. Backroads over to Chiefland then north on US98. Farewell group dinner Friday night March 9th in Tallahassee around US27 at i-10. (many xsives have fond memories of this meet spot going back as far as the well attended 2008 Fun Run to Key West. What blast ...... really great great stories from that one. Stuff that memories and friends are made of)

If you are interest in joining us the best motel would be Baymont Inn or Microtel (they are next to each other 3210 and 3220 North Monroe) on US27 at the i-10 exit. Baymont (850) 562-4300 Microtel (850) 562-3800. or other motels like Quality and Best Western right there too.

So anybody interested in riding to Tallahassee on 3/9 let us know. Or book at Baymont for 3/9 and join us for dinner. Mike and I will ride the "Georgia Cotton & Peanut Trail" north to the "Georgia Peach and Pecan Trail" on Saturday March 10th back to Atlanta.

Jeff
              Last edited by JeffH; 02-26-2018, 08:57 PM.
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                Yes indeed fond memories of the 2008 ride to Key West
                I leave the Great White North on the 9th for Sebring FL so can not be in two places at the same time... as much as I would like to.
                You plan such awesome rides

Share some pictures and stories as the ride progresses.

Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

3 days and counting. Looking forward to seeing everyone again who can make it on Friday.
                  Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlimit85 View Post
                    I plan on meeting y'all 9am on Saturday.
                    There is a Chic-Fil-A next door so if we are not in the Days Inn parking lot then likely walked next door to grab a biscuit & coffee.
                    Little tastier than the Daybreak eats at Days. Buy you a java if you are a coffee drinker, biscuit too.

We are looking forward to riding with you. awesome .............

oh, btw: bike is all loaded and ready to go meet Mike at 08:30 in the AM.
                    Sunny nice day with a tail wind, sure can't beat that for the ride to Florida.

Jeff
                    Last edited by JeffH; 03-01-2018, 07:51 PM.
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Safe travels to all participants. i am looking forward to the pictures

Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Lunch in East Dublin. Brunswick Stew and some GA BBQ. Awesome day to ride. Absolutely not a cloud in the sky. Backroads with little if any traffic. 50 degrees by 9am. 60 degrees at noon. Going great so far. Spring colors in full bloom.

Jeff & Mike
                        Last edited by JeffH; 03-02-2018, 11:41 AM.
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Homerville ,........

Doing good. A fine ride indeed.
                          A Stop at the Suwanee River.
                          Fargo then into FLA.

ETA about 6pm.

Jeff & Mike
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Heather and Ted - Checked in at Lake City. Last night at Ormond Beach. Quick visit to J & P, ordered Heather some gloves. 74f now and sunny.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                              There is a Chic-Fil-A next door so if we are not in the Days Inn parking lot then likely walked next door to grab a biscuit & coffee.
                              Little tastier than the Daybreak eats at Days. Buy you a java if you are a coffee drinker, biscuit too.

We are looking forward to riding with you. awesome .............

oh, btw: bike is all loaded and ready to go meet Mike at 08:30 in the AM.
                              Sunny nice day with a tail wind, sure can't beat that for the ride to Florida.

Jeff
                              Okay. Thank you. I will be the guy on an xs1100.
                              80 G

Comment

Clermont Dinner

Just checked in @ Uncle Kenny’s - Thursday’s special is a prime rib...

Ernie
                                1979 XS110F, Stock
                                1980 XS1100G, Mostly Stock, gifted to my son.
                                2000 YZ 250, Sold
                                2002 YZ125, Sold
                                2009 Royal Star Venture
                                '94 Pontiac Trans Am, 25th Anniversary, For Sale

Ernie

Comment

Working...
                                X