No announcement yet.

FLORIDA 2016 February RALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Friday Lunch Stop Changed *(see below)
    Roy's in Steinhatchee on the Steinhatchee River.
    A good place to order Gator or some seafood delights.
    Atlanta group will meet up with Don on US19/US98/US27ALT at FL Hwy 51 at the corner gas station around noon.

Plan to arrive at Days Inn Silver Springs by 5pm

Jeff

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Just about time to ride ..............

Atlanta Meet Point: Thursday Feb 18th @ 10:30
    I-20 at GA 124 Turner Hill @ Stonecrest Mall Chick-fil-A
    Then easy 250 miles on back roads down to Valdosta GA

North Florida Meet Point: Friday Feb 19th @ 11:30
    in Mayo FL @ FL20 / US27 439 East Main Subs & More (but hold the Mayo )

* CHANGE: Lunch at Roy's on the river in Steinhatchee @ 12:15.
    So change is a short stop in Mayo @ 11:00 then continue on 35 miles to Steinhatchee.

From there easy 120 mile after lunch ride on back roads down to Silver Springs

Looking like Sunny and 75 for the Rally weekend and the Key West ride.
    Good opportunity to ride if you can join us.
    No rain gear, just sunscreen.

Got to get the carbs back on my XS before I can head to Key West. Bleed the rear brake too. Then test ride this afternoon.
    If its not good i'll just have to wing it so to speak.
    Otherwise got new AGM battery and finally found some replacement rubber for the highway pegs and re-did the bolts and retainers on the pacifico nose mount bracket.

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Have a great trip Jeff..Take care...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Possible its the sync so if there is time tomorrow i'll try it. Just don't want to tempt fate with an electrical breakdown.
        or messing with pickup coil wires during the trip

But 'other bike' will do the job too. Its ready to GO (plus hauls more junk) .............

Jeff
        Hi Jeff,
        Nice to have a back up bike ready to go
        Great! the pictures have started already Keep them coming.
        Have an excellent trip.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Floriduh

Thought I'd share this here since some us will be riding across this bridge next week. http://www.wsvn.com/story/31233888/p...-7-mile-bridge
          Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Motel Room Available

Days Inn - Silver Springs for Fri 19th & Sat 20th
            If anyone is interested: We now have a double room with only one occupant. Stewart's roomie is now going to catch up with the group on Sunday. So Stewart has extra bed available for the Rally weekend. So for like $45 a night you got a bed. Stay 1 night or 2 whatever you want. Good opportunity to join the group for a day or two.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Florida

Hi Jeff and all Florida attendees. Sure do want to join you guys this week to head to Florida. My brother lives in Pembroke Pines (Fort Lauderdale) and would like to see him.

I have a bike sold that is going to be picked up here on Saturday. So, I have to be aroeund for that. I am getting closer to going each year.

Have a good time and be careful.

MP
              1981 XS1100H Venturer
              K&N Air Filter
              ACCT
              Custom Paint by Deitz
              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
              Stebel Nautilus Horn
              EBC Front Rotors
              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Ride 11e

Which bike to ride?
                I rode the XS11E around for a couple days (after the carb clean) and it is running fine. Likely in the initial driveway test start; well,
                the fuel probably wasn't at a happy level yet and even across all 4 carbs. But after driving it around both Cold Start & Hot Start are fine and it doesn't pop on decel.
                HOWEVER,

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                That's a bit of a PITA fix on the side of the road, but mostly just aggravating. If you decide to go XS, I'm in position to drop off the required tools.
                Last night I got a visit from Mr. Morgan. thanks Marty ..........
                We found 1-2-3 nuts-on even, but 4 was tad high (by +2" i recall). Marty did the honors.
                What was off was the 1 3/4 turns out on the mixture screws. Bike was a lot happier with 2 1/2 turns out. Then was able to lower the idle rpm about 100. All 1-2-3-4 even mercury level with hot idle about 1,050.

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                Probably just needs the idle mixture properly adjusted and to be synced Jeff.
                RIGHT you were .........................
                While my bench sync was almost nuts on what I didn't know without Mr. Morgan was the mixture screw needed to turn out another 3/4 turn.
                Now all is super wonderful. Up from wonderful to super wonderful.

So bottom line, 'other bike' stays home and 11E is going to Key West.
                Stay tuned for updates and pics as group meets up today & tomorrow.

btw: bright blue skys and no wind + temps into the 60's going higher heading south today. This is good. Just waiting till 09:30 before heading out till the ATL traffic speeds up
                from 10 mph to 25mph. Got about 30+ miles to get across it. Hate 5-6 lanes all stop & go when on a bike.

Jeff
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

We had a SUPRISE guest at the Atlanta meet point
                  Was even riding an XS11. Rode 70 miles with us which was good.

My XS running good. 37mpg on 1st tank.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

290 Miles today across central Georgia. Lots of great back roads. Temps hit 70 degrees with blue skies.
                    Sunset ride into Valdosta with setting sun filtering through the spanish moss hanging in the old oak trees.
                    Dinner at Bubba Jax Crab Shack .....

Surprise guest after 70 mile ride. On the Square in Milledgeville GA

XS's at Rest Stop

Fri meet point still Subs n' More in Mayo FLA at 11:00. From there on to Roy's in Steinhatchee for lunch.

Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Brent slumin' on an XS?

Left the Lincoln at home eh?
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Nice to see Brent's smiling face
                        Phil
                        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Brent on XS11 YES! slumming? troubled?

Hi Y'all,
                          Yes, that is me on my XS1100. It worked good. The only thing it lacked was the shaking and feeling of amazement & awe at the near miracle of making it back home. XS ran smooth & well, hitting on all 4 cylinders. Getting back home seemed simply routine.

If you are lurking and thinking about maybe joining in on part of this ride...Ride!. I am Glad I Did. (Rand McNalley ranks the Overseas Hwy A1A among the top 10 most beautiful scenic drives in the world, and there are only 3 listed in North America). Imagine; Pecan orchards, pine woods , pastures, farms, light or nonexistent traffic, sunshine, BBQ at "Where there is Smoke" in Mansfield, GA beautiful and this is just the start of the ride I made this year. Roy's in Steinhatchie is in a remote fishing village, right on the water, and serves some really good seafood. I have eaten there more than once... I will miss seeing my FL friends and Canadiens in the "Lost Province" Watch out for the Gators. Bon Voyage
                          290 Miles today across central Georgia. Lots of great back roads. Temps hit 70 degrees with blue skies.
                          Sunset ride into Valdosta with setting sun filtering through the spanish moss hanging in the old oak trees.
                          Dinner at Bubba Jax Crab Shack .....

Surprise guest after 70 mile ride. On the Square in Milledgeville GA

XS's at Rest Stop

Fri meet point still Subs n' More in Mayo FLA at 11:00. From there on to Roy's in Steinhatchee for lunch.

Jeff
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I want to Go!

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            Hi Y'all,
                            Yes, that is me on my XS1100. It worked good. The only thing it lacked was the shaking and feeling of amazement & awe at the near miracle of making it back home. XS ran smooth & well, hitting on all 4 cylinders. Getting back home seemed simply routine.

If you are lurking and thinking about maybe joining in on part of this ride...Ride!. I am Glad I Did. (Rand McNalley ranks the Overseas Hwy A1A among the top 10 most beautiful scenic drives in the world, and there are only 3 listed in North America). Imagine; Pecan orchards, pine woods , pastures, farms, light or nonexistent traffic, sunshine, BBQ at "Where there is Smoke" in Mansfield, GA beautiful and this is just the start of the ride I made this year. Roy's in Steinhatchie is in a remote fishing village, right on the water, and serves some really good seafood. I have eaten there more than once... I will miss seeing my FL friends and Canadiens in the "Lost Province" Watch out for the Gators. Bon Voyage
                            Almost made the trip this year. Getting closer. I am going to do some pre-planning for next year so as not to miss the fun.

Mike in Georgia
                            1981 XS1100H Venturer
                            K&N Air Filter
                            ACCT
                            Custom Paint by Deitz
                            Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                            Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                            Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                            Stebel Nautilus Horn
                            EBC Front Rotors
                            Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Silver Springs

Day 2:
                              Woke up this morning in south Georgia and turned on TV. Forecast was simply stated as "Abundant Sunshine" high of 71.
                              Can't get better than that ...... and heading south we knew it would just get warmer. It was, much.

Good lunch at Roy's on the Steinhatchee River about 1/2 mile up river from the Gulf of Mexico. Good Food & Awesome scenery.

We arrived at Silver Springs about 4:30pm. Exactly 500 miles from Atlanta. So when I drive down here in the car its 383 miles so I guess the back road adventure added +117 miles. That's the adventure in finding great roads and not being in a hurry.

All bikes running great. No troubles and we hope it stays that way. Will get a pic posted shortly.

btw: where is BillyRoc. He should be here. He does the best trip reports. From Idaho to NY with that new bike he found then to XS SE.
                              Good pictures and good stories. Billy where are you??

Mike you are missing a good one. Was hoping you would be able to join us this year.

Jeff
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

2016 Silver Springs XS Rally Begins

Everybody in a hurry to check-in i guess.
                                While we may not be "Easy Rider(s)" I think we are likely having more FUN
                                Three XS11's here. PA, VA & GA. Supposed to be 77 here tomorrow so it should be a great ride.
                                Still planning lunch at Backwoods BBQ corner of FL310 & FL315 south of Interlachen.
                                We plan to leave Days Inn Silver Springs at 09:30
                                JOIN US IF YOU CAN

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X