FLORIDA 2016 February RALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLORIDA 2016 February RALLY

Hey XSives, it's time to make your Florida Reservations if you want to join the XSive conga line in February 2016

Rally in Silver Springs FLA, Friday Feb 19 to Sunday Feb 21
    (with Saturday ride in Ocala National forest with lunch at backwoods bbq)

> For those that have time for MORE FUN Sunday Feb 21 - group heads south on back roads ride to Punta Gorda

> Group continues on Monday Feb 22 back roads ride to Everglade City for lunch, then across the Miccosukee Reservation to Florida City

> Tuesday Feb 23, great day ride through Everglades to Flamingo

Yep its February, but no parka required - - - Good opportunity to do one of your Bucket List rides

- I will post Motels & Info in a 2nd message here shortly.
    - Depending on interest we could add on Key West for one night if anybody wants to add that leg from Florida City.

* Plans for returning north from Paradise are normally made after we find out what everybody wants to do and how much time they have.

Jeff & the SE XSives
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Rally reservations

XSive 2016 Florida Rally Motel Info:

*** If you are even 'thinking' about attending the Rally in Silver Springs and/or
    continuing the ride south I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAKING YOUR RESERVATIONS ASAP.

Motel rooms go like hot cakes in Florida during February. In a few weeks all the room availability will likely be gone.
    BOOK NOW and if you need, you can cancel up to one (1) day before the reservation. easy-easy and you have a room if you can make it

Now is the time to see who wants to split the cost of a room with you (unless you are bring the significant other)

> Friday Feb 19 – Days Inn (east) Silver Springs, FL
    > Saturday Feb 20 – Days Inn (east) Silver Springs, FL
    > Sunday Feb 21 – Knights Inn Punta Gorda, FL
    > Monday Feb 22 – Super 8 Florida City, FL
    > Tuesday Feb 23 – Super 8 Florida City, FL
    > Wednesday Feb 24 - TBD depending on your input

* Days Inn Silver Springs/Ocala East
    5751 E Silver Springs Blvd, Silver Springs, FL 34488 US

Phone: 1-352-236-2575
    http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/florid...ctions?partner
    AAA & Senior Rate: $85.50
    You can Cancel by 6PM Thurs Feb 18

* Knights Inn Punta Gorda
    9300 Knights Drive, Punta Gorda, FL 33950 US

Phone: 1-941-505-5701
    http://www.knightsinn.com/hotels/flo...ctions?partner
    AAA & Senior Rate: $99
    You can Cancel by 6PM Sat Feb 20

* Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
    1202 N Krome Ave, Take FL Trnpk S to US 1 North, Florida City, FL 33034-2428 US

Phone: 1-305-245-0311
    http://www.super8.com/hotels/florida...ctions?partner
    AAA & Senior Rate: $100.80
    You can Cancel by 6PM Sun Feb 21

As I mentioned earlier, if anybody is interested in riding from Florida City down to Key West we can work up a separate plan for that and add it to the itinerary.

Guess that covers the bases for now,
    Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Trailer parking

If you need to TRAILER your bike down south (from the Great White north)

Don has once again generously offered Trailer Parking at his place in Tallahassee.

-or- if you plan to come down the I-95 corridor we can get some info from Ted on where he parks his truck/trailer in Kingsland GA.

Other than that, if you plan to trailer down let us know so we can figure out another alternative. Some motels have no problem with leaving a truck/trailer in a safe place for a week but I haven't discussed that with Days Inn Silver City.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Motels Booked
        Looking forward to Sunny Florida in Feb

Comment

Tossing it around Jeff and trying to trick someone else into coming.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Tossing it around Jeff
            We have a blast so I hope you (and the OK Riders) can make it. Good roads with nice scenery.
            I'd even meet y'all in Tallahassee on Thursday 18th, then Friday with Don (and maybe Brent & Stewart) we could take a back roads 220 mile ride to Silver Springs for the Rally, then continue Rally Ride to south Florida. As mentioned, if you are thinking about doing it I'd at least book the motels. In Feb the Florida motels get booked 3-4 months ahead so availability would be a problem if you wait too long. Could cancel in Feb if something changes and you can't make it.

Jeff
            Last edited by JeffH; 11-11-2015, 07:41 AM.
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Count me in Jeff.
              1978 xs1000e New Project no name yet.
              1981 xj650 Johndo

Comment

Originally posted by Johndo View Post
                Count me in Jeff.
                GREAT .............
                We look forward to meeting up with you in Silver Springs, then doing the Rally Ride in Ocala Forest.

Jeff
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

XS SE FB info

Also check out our XS Southeast Facebook page. There is some info there too.

https://www.facebook.com/XSSoutheast

Jerry in Virginia has truck & trailer (for multiple bikes) and is looking for anyone interested in traveling to the XS Rally in Florida with him.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Only 75 days till we RALLY in Silver Springs FLA on Feb 19th

I heard from Stewart yesterday that he & Christine will be joining us for the Rally
                    and the ride south to Punta Gorda & Florida City.

update: while some may ride to stay over one night in Key West, others may just go down & back for a day ride and return to Florida City.
                    127 miles so makes a nice AM down, PM return day ride.

So if you got the inclination to do some Florida riding in February, please join us. We always have a blast enjoying great scenery, good roads & good eats ......
                    (see motel & ride info posted in the earlier thread). We don't do a rally shirt since you can buy a $7 Key West shirt while you are there.

Remember if you tow your bike down; Don in Tallahassee has plenty of parking space.

jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Florida Keys

If it is still there in February, one of you can pick this one up on the way back.

http://keys.craigslist.org/mcy/5314784872.html
                      1981 XS1100H Venturer
                      K&N Air Filter
                      ACCT
                      Custom Paint by Deitz
                      Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                      Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                      Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                      Stebel Nautilus Horn
                      EBC Front Rotors
                      Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Happy New Year 2016

The start of a new Rally & Riding Season

Opportunity for some good riding with other XSives in Florida in February.
                        Feb 19-20-21 weekend in Silver Springs then ride south to Florida City (as detailed above).

Be there if you can

Jeff
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                          Happy New Year 2016

The start of a new Rally & Riding Season

Opportunity for some good riding with other XSives in Florida in February.
                          Feb 19-20-21 weekend in Silver Springs then ride south to Florida City (as detailed above).

Be there if you can

Jeff
                          Unfortunately, if I were trying to ride yet, I'd need to chain-up to get over the 'hill' goimg straight east on I-70 or south over Red Mountain Pass to hit I-40 east. I'll have to just stay stuck here in the big valley. Besides, 10-20 degree temps over those 'hils doesn't sound very enticing at my age anymore............y'all be safe and have fun!........remember, ATGATT no matter how nice the weather.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Countdown: 6 weeks

Guess things are all set for everyone meeting up Friday Feb 19 in Silver Springs, FLA

Like last year, the Atlanta riders might again head south on Thursday to Valdosta or Lake City.
                            Then Friday maybe day ride to St Augustine or Steinhatchee (like we did last year).

fyi: I booked one night at Spanish Gardens in Key West for Tues Feb 23rd.
                            So Don & I will do that vs stay in FLA City. KW has gotten wacko pricey but sunset at Mallory Square, dinner at A&B,
                            street walking on Duval are always entertaining. Some may stay over 23rd at Super 8 Florida City that night instead.
                            Wed AM will return to Super 8 Florida City and stay there Wed Feb 24th.
                            25th - Ride plan for those heading back north get worked out on-the-fly.

Jeff
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                              Hey XSives, it's time to make your Florida Reservations if you want to join the XSive conga line in February 2016

Rally in Silver Springs FLA, Friday Feb 19 to Sunday Feb 21
                              (with Saturday ride in Ocala National forest with lunch at backwoods bbq)

> For those that have time for MORE FUN Sunday Feb 21 - group heads south on back roads ride to Punta Gorda

> Group continues on Monday Feb 22 back roads ride to Everglade City for lunch, then across the Miccosukee Reservation to Florida City

> Tuesday Feb 23, great day ride through Everglades to Flamingo

Yep its February, but no parka required - - - Good opportunity to do one of your Bucket List rides

- I will post Motels & Info in a 2nd message here shortly.
                              - Depending on interest we could add on Key West for one night if anybody wants to add that leg from Florida City.

* Plans for returning north from Paradise are normally made after we find out what everybody wants to do and how much time they have.

Jeff & the SE XSives
                              Nice pics Jeff........but them two need ATGATT.......no matter the weather. Nice warm weather is nice to ride in.........but road-rash is not......DAMHIK, since you already DO know. Again, be safe guys, and ATGATT!
                              Last edited by motoman; 01-08-2016, 08:58 PM.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                              X