Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi visibility green

Originally posted by trbig View Post
    So... you don't make up a bunch of extras that you get stiffed on by no-shows like some of the rallies I've been to? Odd... lol.

Put me down for a Short Sleeve XXL. Just wish it was something other than *Gulp* Kawasaki green! lol.
    Tod,
    It is not exactly Kawasiki green. It is Hi Visibility green. This may not make you safer, especially if you bet your life that drivers on cell phones can see you. However, it would make it easier for us to find you should you leave the road. Hey...it could happen. Perhaps a bigfoot or chipmonk may chase you off the road. No hay fields beside road and some drop offs so steep that you would need a rope lowered down so you could climb out. Could happen...or so I have been TOLD. 'Course in several places, a rock wall or steep bank could bounce you and bike back into road. I have seen that. Even if the green does not match or highlight your eyes or riding ensemble, the ride is worth it. The unique shirt makes a striking souvenier.
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

'Course in several places, a rock wall or steep bank could bounce you and bike back into road.

I've found that guardrails work equally well at that, but pickup coils are not very immune to the grinding effects of asphalt.

As for the shirt, if you left the highway in a woodsy section, you could blend in and not be found until the snow melted next spring.. ESPECIALLY if you wrecked in amongst the Kawasaki carcasses that line most curvy roads. My wife needs a body before the insurance will pay off. After the last crash, she upped it considerably, so I have to sleep with one eye open at home now. I go on these trips to get a good night's sleep.

(I just have to check my brake lines before I leave...)
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Sarcasm or not Tod...gotta think positive happy thoughts...LOL
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I've found that guardrails work equally well at that, but pickup coils are not very immune to the grinding effects of asphalt.
          Guages don't hold up very well either do they.

Tod, the only person I know that has asphalt scratches on his speedometer and tach.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

They're there as a reminder for me to slow my azz down. With all that added insurance on me, I'm not sure if my wife would mourn me or throw a party. I'm thinking mourn me.. but from a really nice tropical location with drinks that have little umbrellas in them and warm breezes (And cabana boys) drying her tears. You know... you can cry from laughter too, right?

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100

Comment

"Last Call": 2012 SE Rally Shirt

"Last Call" if you would like to order a 2012 SE Rally Shirt. Our shirt order will be placed next Wednesday Sept 5 so the shirts can be purchased / printed and be ready for pickup on Sept 20th.

$12 Short Sleeve
              $15 Long Sleeve

If you want a shirt but are not planning to attend the SE Rally then we can SHIP to you for an extra $3 bucks so SS would be $15 and LS $18.

post here or PM jetmechmarty or myself before noon on Sept 5th if you want a Nantahala shirt. We are not ordering any extras so if you want one let us know now.

Note: the DEADLINE is noon on Sept 5th not the 10th as originally listed above

Jeff and Marty
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I've ordered a SS 2x, but go ahead and put me in for another SS, but just XL.

Thanks.

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

for another SS, but just XL.

Thanks.
                  ok, +1 ss / xl - got it.
                  Just updated our order list.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Tod is planning on losing weight! I've been planning too but those plans havent worked out

Guess I will put up with a big shirt.

Getting closer....luggage project almost done. Still got some maintenance to do before trip. Gonna swap out Geezer's regulator, new Iridium plugs, oil and filter change and gotta find that nagging middle drive leak!

Sure hope we dont get any storms that weekend!

John
                    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                      . Gonna swap out Geezer's regulator, new Iridium plugs, oil and filter change and gotta find that nagging middle drive leak!

John
                      Howdy John,

How did you come to the conclusion that you have a middle drive leak?
                      Or, in other words, since you can't see a leak, you must have noticed a drop in oil level over a period of time/miles.
                      If so, may I ask how much drop in how many miles?
                      After my recent run of 5600 miles, I noticed that the middle drive was down about the width of the distance between the upper and lower levels, below the lower level mark.
                      Or should I say that the level was about 3/16 in below the lower level line.
                      The only place I can figure out it is going is through the seal between the MD and the clutch housing.
                      I would be interested in what you find out. CZ

Comment

CZ you are correct. Its more of a drip.

My driveway would get spots after parking extended time. Oil level wasnt dropping, checked MD and voilá.

Cant tell exactly where, hence need to track it down. Guess down 2 oz over 2 months. Mileage didnt seem to matter as it leaked even when not driven.

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Shirts

Last call for T-shirts!
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

Tod is planning on losing weight!
                            Yes, BUT... Some XL shirts fit fine, some look like an Underarmor/leotard. Some 2X shirts fit well, while some look like a tent. For $12, I figure I'd just cover my bases.. lol.

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100