Bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nashville_bill View Post
    By the way, High Valley is the old airport location of TWO. I think we actually had the event at this location a few years ago.
    Hi Bill,
    FOOD seemed to be the big questionmark for High Valley. Please check into that while you are there.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Bill,

The problem with High Valley is that you have to go to Dahlonega for food.

The XS650 rally is at Iron Horse next weekend.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by mrsixtysix View Post
        This looks nice...price not too bad for the time we want to go (plus if we can get 20% off for a group) at least on Sunday night. Close to everything.
        Very close to gas and liquor store too. The owner is an inmate on ADVrider forum in NC. He was close to selling the place but the buyers backed out regardless they were still going to honor all reservations...However this new place that marty has found in Blairsville looks pretty nice too.
        1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
        2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Blairsville

I don't know about the price of the place in Blairsville, but here is an excerpt from their web page.
          Two Wheels Amenities

Amenities offered to all guests of The Lodge & The Cabins

Ample parking, all paved roads
          Covered motorcycle parking & motorcycle garages
          Free morning coffee
          WIFI (at The Lodge)
          Chlorine free pool & hot tub
          Wash/Dry service available
          Bike wash facilities
          Computer station with internet access

For the full resort experience we also offer

Full service restaurant
          Full service bar, serving a wide selection of beer, wine, and distilled spirits
          Bike Night, live music, and other events for motorcycle enthusiasts
          Poolside grill & tiki bar **Coming Spring 2011**

Enjoy complimentary access & tickets to Lodge Events when you stay with us (some exclusions apply)
          The Lodge at Copperhead
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

I visited copperhead just after it opened and it's really nice. I think it will probably be packed with HD riders though, as that is their target group.
            Bill Murrin
            Nashville, TN
            1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
            1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
            2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
            2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
            1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
            2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

XSive Rider's at Iron Horse

I just got home from the XS650 rally at the Iron Horse Lodge. I received a very warm welcome upon arrival Friday afternoon. My room with private bath was just great with under roof parking for my bike right outside the door. Just like a nice new hotel, only better. After a great dinner, the weather outside was awful. We sat in the lodge on a big comfy couch eating fresh popcorn, drinking beer and watching The World's Fastest Indian on the giant screen with a roaring fire going in the fireplace.

Saturday morning we all had a good breakfast together in the lodge, followed by a day of riding. Upon our return, several of us sat on the big comfy couch, drank beer, and watched old YAMAHA promotional videos on the giant screen. One of the guys made videos of the ride and we watched those on the giant screen too. After that, we all had a wonderful prime rib dinner, followed by sitting around a roaring campfire outside. There was one going in the lodge fireplace as well.

This place has everything we need. Comfortable digs, good food, and plenty of space for fellowship, no matter the weather. For you guys who are cheap, a campsite is only $15 per night. Three of you in a tent is only $5 per night!

The bad news is that we have to move our rally to Sept 30 through Oct 2. Our normal weekend is booked solid. Also, we have to act immediately. If we wait, the rooms will be gone. Right now, they have space for all of us.

I say we do this! This place is perfect!

P.S. I didn't hear any loud pipe Harleys, but one that dropped by as I was leaving.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Can everybody change to 30 sept? I am not sure what we can do, I will have to make sure I can change dates and Bruce will have to change his vacation as well.

I no longer need to run this rally I would prefer if somebody local took over planning anyway. If this seems like the place to have it, then just go ahead and do it. I will attend if we can.......
                Gary Granger
                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

I have the same issue with changing my vacation, but I'm going to go ahead and do it. Iron Horse Lodge fits our needs. I'm going away for three weeks this morning. I'll have my wife make the reservation. Hopefully, I can back my vacation up one week.

The 650 rally was a little smaller this year due to the move. It was still great and will grow back to the normal group as we settle in.

Those who plan to attend, please make your reservation, IMMEDIATELY! You can always cancel, so long as it's a week in advance. Sept 30 - Oct 30.
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

is this the new place?

So is Iron horse and 9/30/11 the final answer before I make reservations?

Comment

Originally posted by tjohnson View Post
                      So is Iron horse and 9/30/11 the final answer before I make reservations?
                      Yup sept 30 to oct 2nd
                      1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                      2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Already got our reservations in!
                        See you in September!

Comment

See you there!
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH