2011 XSive Riders Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 XSive Riders Rally

Does anyone have an idea of what the dates for this will be? I am planning to be in the area and hopefully the timing is right.
    1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
    2001 Honda ST1100

Usually the last weekend in sept.
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Comment

We are planning on the last full weekend in Sept. Soooo....that makes it Sept 23 and 24.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Thanks guys...looks like my timing is right on.
        1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
        2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

How many are going to be there? Things are looking good for me to be there also.
          Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
          Current rides:
          80 XS1100SG
          82 JX1100
          83 Venture Royale
          86 V-Max

Comment

No idea how many...sometimes 30 or more sometimes less....IT WILL NOT BE AT TWO. They are closing.
            Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

I am looking for a good place in north ga near suchess. There are a lot of possibilities from there all the way over to helen... we could even stayin rabun county... where they filmed deliverance
              Last year we rode right through there past the campground I went to as a kid.
              Please everyone make me a short list of what you are looking for verses price and we will find a place to match!
              " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
              8mm msd wires
              tkat fork brace...
              Fox shocks...
              mikes650 front fender
              led's gallore...
              renthal bars
              gold valve emulators
              vmax tensioner
              Rifle fairing

Comment

A room I like a bed
                Bruce Gerken
                '79 XS1100SF
                "The Black"
                '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                The Red Sled.
                St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

So what are the options...lets get these posted up an discuss the good and bad.....

http://www.ironhorsenc.com
                  http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com
                  http://www.highvalleyresort.com (bigger cabins have some weird layouts though)
                  http://www.huntslodge.com/ (only has 5 cottages for 15 people) rest are camping
                  http://www.pageantinn.com/ (motel in Cherokee NC, we stay here every year, owner is a biker and rates are cheap)

I looked at this one and just like Phil....I think it is too small for us...
                  http://kickstandlodge.com/

Any others?
                  Last edited by mrsixtysix; 03-08-2011, 07:43 AM.
                  Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Sheesh giveme a couple of days... I work nights... I'm not a miricle worker...

79 xs11 standard
                    8mm msd wires
                    tkat fork brace...
                    Fox shocks...
                    mikes650 front fender
                    led's gallore...
                    renthal bars
                    gold valve emulators
                    vmax tensioner
                    Rifle fairing

Comment

I think there are a several who want a room and a bed, I guess a cabin will have to do, but need seperate beds (some of these campgrounds have single beds in the cabins. Need parking for tow vehicles, and bikes. Fridge, coffee, internet, cell phone is all stuff we are used to having. No cell phone is a major inconvenience to me, being 1000 miles from home, internet I can live without.

Some guys still do like to camp...at what price per night will you give up the tent and come inside?

Camping is $20 a night at a couple places, not sure at others.....
                      Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
                        Sheesh giveme a couple of days... I work nights... I'm not a miricle worker...
                        Just posting up the ideas from the other thread ....
                        Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Its ok I know you yankees are impatient
                          There's a butt load of places to choose from especially near helen.

79 xs11 standard
                          8mm msd wires
                          tkat fork brace...
                          Fox shocks...
                          mikes650 front fender
                          led's gallore...
                          renthal bars
                          gold valve emulators
                          vmax tensioner
                          Rifle fairing

Comment

Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
                            Its ok I know you yankees are impatient
                            There's a butt load of places to choose from especially near helen.
                            Hi Chris,
                            Working nights gives you all day to check out places for us
                            sleep what's that

Phil
                            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Following on from Gary's post. Being one of the "Cheap Bastards" who has camped in the past. The Cherokee motel option looks real good to me.
                              Known quantity as Gary And Bruce have stayed there.
                              $45 split is only $ 22.50 per bed. Location is good. Roads are good. Resturants close by.
                              as much asI and others have enjoyed TWO it is now history. The other camp sites, seem to me ,to be upscale and pricy and for us will not match the ambiance of TWO or our fond memories.
                              my 0.02
                              Chris we love Georgia
                              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                              X