• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Marty...neat pics too

Comment

• To MartyA

MartyA,

You took the long way home???
      Glad you made it back and forth OK. Nice meeting and riding with you.
      I guess by now you've heard about Maximphil and his mishap leaving Marty's in Delohnega (sp?). Hope you make the Key West run!!!
      Thanks,
      Robert
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobia View Post
        MartyA,
        You took the long way home???
        Robert
        Doesn't everybody?

Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Maxim Phil

I heard from Phil. I understand he has 4 or 5 fractured ribs. I guess he took quite a body slam. He's home and his bike is in Georgia. Hopefully, he'll post here soon.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

• Phil finally came clean and acknowledged that he wanted the bike in the southern latitudes so he could have an excuse to pick it up and join the Key West Rally!!!!
            Not really, I just chidded him about it and he liked the idea.
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

• Oh the abuse has begun
              By now you all know I took a tumble on Marty's driveway. The engine failed to respond to my throttle opening and it stalled.
              Locked brakes could not hold it and once it was rolling backwards I was DOOMED. Have now been xrayed three times and have four fractured ribs.
              Doctor says it will hurts for 3 to 6 weeks so i am poping Tylenol3 and trying not to disturb that side. I am able to breathe without pain which is a bit of luck. Jeff rescued my bike from Braselton and I flew home on Sunday.
              Sleeping in the Lazy Boy.

Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Hey Phil, I know all about the pain of those ribs. My advice is to get some Lidocaine patches sold under Lidoderm brand for one. Put them on the site fo the rib breaks/cracks and you will feel ALOT less of the pain and discomfort. Also, use a pillow pulled somewhat tight to your chest when you need to cough or sneeze.

Most of all, you just get to wait for it to not hurt anymore.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                  Oh the abuse has begun
                  By now you all know I took a tumble on Marty's driveway. The engine failed to respond to my throttle opening and it stalled.
                  Locked brakes could not hold it and once it was rolling backwards I was DOOMED. Have now been xrayed three times and have four fractured ribs.
                  Doctor says it will hurts for 3 to 6 weeks so i am poping Tylenol3 and trying not to disturb that side. I am able to breathe without pain which is a bit of luck. Jeff rescued my bike from Braselton and I flew home on Sunday.
                  Sleeping in the Lazy Boy.

Phil
                  Jeff is very good at rescuing bikes (and trucks). Southern hospitality at its best! But of course you know how I know that. Glad to hear your home and recuperating.

Comment

• Damn Phil. mine hurt thinkin about ya.... Take care bro.
                    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

• Hey Phil, I just caught up with this. Sorry to hear of the injuries...didnt realize it was that bad..kinda sucks. Hope you take it easy and heal up soon..........

Comment

• Hi phil,
                        My sympathies. Surprised and sorry to hear just how bad that fall hurt & broke you. Soon you will be back in action again. Untill then take care & heal well.

\
                        It is a great big beautiful world out there
                        Brent in GA
                        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Thanks for all the good wishes. Still hurts but is getting better slowly.
                          Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Hey Phil,
                            You have any pics of the bike you may want to share?
                            Maybe some of the good folks here can donate bits and pieces to help in the repairs/.
                            1980G Standard, Restored
                            Kerker 4 - 1
                            850 Rear End Mod
                            Automatic CCT
                            1980GH Special, Restored
                            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobia View Post
                              Hey Phil,
                              You have any pics of the bike you may want to share?
                              Maybe some of the good folks here can donate bits and pieces to help in the repairs/.
                              Hi Cobia,
                              No pictures of the damage if that is what you are looking for.
                              Broke the right side mirror. Bent the left side crash bar and the support for the saddle bag. Bag itself survived. so just need a mirror.

Phil
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• i have a set of mirrors for you !just let me know ,,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
                                The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                                moemcnally@hotmail.com
                                i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Working...
                                X