XSive Riders Rally 2010, Suches GA, Sept. 24th-26th 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSive Riders Rally 2010, Suches GA, Sept. 24th-26th 2010

The former 'Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Rally' is now the 'XSive Riders Rally'

Rally will be Friday Sept. 24th - Sunday Sept. 26th, 2010 at Two Wheels Only (TWO) in Suches GA.

Things to discuss:

Shirts?, Routes?, Cook out and campfire (I used to like this) but nobody wants to cook....might as well get started early.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

I put this down as a tentative, I should be able to manage it this year. Do most folks from the NE trailer on down? Perhaps I'll try Gary's trick and stuff it in back of the mini-van.

We can discuss more at XSEast.

Darrell
    Darrell
    78E
    80G project
    06FJR

Comment

I am very interested in this however I think it may conflict with an event I have in CT...have to check those dates...Unless these dates change i wont be able to make it...I have an ST-Owners event the same weekend in CT already booked..
      Last edited by madmax-im; 05-04-2010, 06:04 PM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
        I am very interested in this however I think it may conflict with an event I have in CT...have to check those dates...Unless these dates change i wont be able to make it...I have an ST-Owners event the same weekend in CT already booked..
        For the last couple years it has been the last weekend in Sept. we had too many cold days with rain snow and leaves in the road when we did it the second weekend of October. Anybody else want to change the date? We are already on the TWO website for that weekend.
        Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Originally posted by mrsixtysix View Post
          For the last couple years it has been the last weekend in Sept. we had too many cold days with rain snow and leaves in the road when we did it the second weekend of October. Anybody else want to change the date? We are already on the TWO website for that weekend.
          Hi Gary it is on my Wishlist will have to see closer to the time.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Not a problem Gary...I may just shake things up and come to TWO instaed...although my New England friends will be highly dissappointed....
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Good date

I like to see date stay the same; last weekend in Sept.
              Date is scheduled & advertised on TWO site, scroll down. Even though leaves will most likely not yet be at peak color... Weather is better, roads are clearer, and traffic is lighter. Many riding clubs will be going somewhere on choice dates spring & fall. Since you can not do them all, ride with the best. For those unfamiliar with area, these are some of the top MC roads in the country, generally ranked in the top 10. And you know how XSives are. If you are coming from the NE, there are some good riding areas and roads (I-81 excepted) on the way to Suches. Some trailer/ haul bikes in. There is a place to unload & park trailers.

I plan to be there.
              Brent in GA
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Giving this serious consideration...its only 400 miles from me...how warm is it at this time of year ...also is TWO at a higher elevation where it might be cooler?
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Giving this serious consideration...its only 400 miles from me...how warm is it at this time of year ...also is TWO at a higher elevation where it might be cooler?
                  Hi BNE,
                  While it is fairly high I have camped quite comfortably. Coole nights give an opportunity for camp fire This is on my to do again wish list.
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Weather is almost never a problem (last year excepted with floods) highs are comfortable in 70's and 80's and lows in the 50's and 60's. Sometimes it is colder or warmer of course...As Brent said we moved from October for three main reasons. Cold weather was first...frost sucks!! Next, as the leaves are falling off at a brisk pace in Oct, they get in the road and get wet....many places we ride do not get direct sun so the leaves stay wet for a day at least after the rain. Not good for sporty riding!! The smaller crowds on the parkway looking at leaves is also a plus.

Last year with the economy and flooding and rain forcast we had the smallest crowd ever. Sundays ride was fantastic though. Bruce and I are staying Friday to Tuesday night, so anyone one is welcome to book a few extra days if you like.
                    Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Thanks for the weather report guys....My main concern is that its not too humid or hot. I have trouble regulating my core body temperatures when its hot. The XSEast rally just completed was almost too hot for me to tolerate...I was in a constant sweat...thats why I stand on my footpegs while riding ...gotta cool down...Compared to CT at the same time of year..its still warm there but obviously not as bad as down south.
                      The reasoning behind changing the dates is sound and I have no arguments or complaints abt that. Its just that it conflicted with events in CT (for me)... So I have to decide if I want to ride 400 miles to TWO or 700 miles to CT(one way).
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Fall Rally

Greetings all, I live here in S.C. and late Sept can still have some hot days but the humidity is better. Nights are very tolerable. I am planning to make it to my first xs meeting, my 81 1100 h will be finished here soon! What main city is this gathering close to?
                        At this time:
                        1985 Goldwing Innr.
                        1976 cb 750 cafe racer
                        2007 vtx 1300
                        81 sx 1100 s h
                        81 sx 400 special

Comment

Welcome!! Main city is Dahlonega GA I guess but TWO is out in the sticks, in Suches GA!! Here is all the info:

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/

Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort and Campgrounds
                          Suches, Georgia 1-706-747-5151

twowheelsonly@windstream.net

Mailing address: P.O. Box 69, Suches, GA 30572

Physical address: 3580 State Hwy 60, Suches GA 30572

located on Georgia Hwy 60, 100 yds south of the intersection of Georgia Hwy 180 in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NE Georgia

2 hours north of Atlanta, GA ,2.5 hours southeast of Chattanooga, TN
                          3 hours south of Knoxville ,TN , 3.5 hours southwest of Asheville, NC
                          GPS co-ordinates 34.68742 -84.02264 WGS 84 DATUM
                          Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

can't wait
                            " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                            xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                            8mm msd wires
                            tkat fork brace...
                            Fox shocks...
                            mikes650 front fender
                            led's gallore...
                            renthal bars
                            gold valve emulators
                            vmax tensioner
                            Rifle fairing

Comment

time to book rooms
                              80 xs1100G