No announcement yet.

XSive Riders Rally 2010, Suches GA, Sept. 24th-26th 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wx forecast is HOT with scattered showers. It's too hot to fish!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Arrived last night after a long day of chasing Marty A down the interstate?
      Addie started acting up again towards the end of the day and more so rto day. Tinman906 check you PM.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

" She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

" She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
          8mm msd wires
          tkat fork brace...
          Fox shocks...
          mikes650 front fender
          led's gallore...
          renthal bars
          gold valve emulators
          vmax tensioner
          Rifle fairing

Comment

Hello all i just made it home despite all the bycle a holes!!! took me forever to get down the mountain.

I had a great time!!! great ride!!! i am sorry you guys rode all this way got rained on... hope you all enjoyed it!!! i also had fun riding with my name is earl and bb on Friday!!
            Thanks also to gary for the .4 quart of oil!!! made it home with no problems.

79 xs11 standard
            8mm msd wires
            tkat fork brace...
            Fox shocks...
            mikes650 front fender
            led's gallore...
            renthal bars
            gold valve emulators
            vmax tensioner
            Rifle fairing

Comment

Home again

Hi XSive riders,

I made it home ok Sunday night. How was that food at the Smith House? Enjoyed meeting new faces & seeing old friends. Hope you all make it home safely. Let us know, especially those from far away; Michigan, Ohio, PA, FL NY...even Canada. I feel lucky to be so close to North GA. Thanks for coming down

Another good rally with some classic japanese bikes, and some classic people on other bikes.
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

got home monday night around 8pm. rain.rain,rain.
                80 xs1100G

Comment

Nice to meet you all. It was a great ride down there. One I'll definitely repeat next year. Rode home today in sun and blue skies

Comment

It was a good time, great to meet all you guys. Cobia and I made it back to S. Florida at 1 AM monday morning. Looking forward to next year!
                    2H7 (79)
                    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

• 2H7 (79)
                      3H3

Comment

• It sure was a great time! I've moved on to DFW on the way to Kuwait.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

• MaximPhil

BikerPhil made a valiant effort the other night working on MaximPhil's carburetors and I understand they are again much improved, but something remains amiss.

I have just been notified of an accident in my driveway. To say my driveway is steep would be an understatement. Phil's (MaximPhil) bike stalled on the way up and he was unable to hang on. It apparent that he did not suffer serious injury and neither did the bike. As I type this, Jeff has arrived to assist in retrieving the bike from my impossibly steep driveway. My daughter and a neighbor are also helping.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

• I spoke to Phil and he is OK. He is bruised and it is possible the he may have broken a rib. Time will tell. Toronto is a very long ride from Georgia.

The bike is up and running having suffered only a broken mirror on the right side.

My driveway is so steep that the front brake (tire) would not hold the bike once it stalled. He was unable to balance and get hold of the rear brake as it picked up speed going backwards. So, over they went.

I look forward to his next post as he is able.

Marty (in Irving, TX)
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

• Great fun with great people!! (Photo intensive)

[IMG][/IMG]

Bikerphil and I finally rolled in at about 6:00PM on Friday afternoon after an 11hr. drive. Fortunately Brent had room in the mobile home and we crashed there. Too tired to go setup camp. Actually, I'm glad he had room because camping in the rain is no fun. MartyA rolled in later that night.
                              After a good dinner and good night's sleep, we all gathered for the first (and unfortunately last) ride. And an awesome ride it was.... 210 twisty miles covered from 9AM 'til 6PM. Yamahansolo also has posted pics of this.
                              [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The first stop was also covered by Bikerphil, and Yamahansolo also has a pic of another stop.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Meals were very good and well attended.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Unfortunately, the rain set in Saturday night and into Sunday, so we had the opportunity to gab and get to know each other a bit better. And get silly in the process too!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Even a little gardening.

[IMG][/IMG]

Maximphil had carb trouble so Bikerphil offered to help, and Marty offered his mancave to wrench in. A very well lubricated session it was too!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And a BIG THANKS to Gary for leading the ride, MartyA for bringing up the rear, Brent for putting us up, Jetmechmarty and Robin for their hospitality, and all who attended and made this a really fun rally. GT and Mimi at the lodge were also very accomodating.
                              (Sorry if I forgot anyone.)

We finally rolled in to neighborhood at about 1AM Tuesday.

PS - Sorry to hear about Maximphil, Marty. Hope all's well.
                              PPS - I did not associate names with faces to protect the innocent.
                              Last edited by Cobia; 09-29-2010, 12:59 PM.
                              1980G Standard, Restored
                              Kerker 4 - 1
                              850 Rear End Mod
                              2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                              Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                              Automatic CCT
                              1980GH Special, Restored
                              Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                              '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                              Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

• Sorry about what happened, MaximPhil. That is one steep driveway and the clutch has to be slipped to get up that thing. Hope your injury is not too serious.
                                2H7 (79)
                                3H3

Comment

Working...
                                X