XSive Riders Rally 2010, Suches GA, Sept. 24th-26th 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Phil,

That's how I got the idea, from BikerPhil. We were debating whether to ride up or trailer up. Trailering would get us up there faster and give us more time to enjoy the riding once up there. Probably go up Friday, takes about 11 - 12 hrs from here.
    Will probably ask about availability of beds considering last year's deluge. Besides, being a floridian my blood has thinned out, 50 degree nights require a bit more sleeping gear......he, he!!

So, I guess I'm asking about availablity of beds. Anyone??

I also have to check with the ex about caring for our son over that weekend.

Thanks
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Please no body sleep in the nude!!!

I still cant decide about there or my mom and dads they are about 20 mins away. How much was a bed? All my extra mula went to my paint
      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
      xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
      8mm msd wires
      tkat fork brace...
      Fox shocks...
      mikes650 front fender
      led's gallore...
      renthal bars
      gold valve emulators
      vmax tensioner
      Rifle fairing

Comment

Cobia, tent and sleeping bag ($12 a nite) is ok with me if there are no beds, lows in the upper 50's at night. Either way, sleeping with clothes on.
        Last edited by bikerphil; 09-16-2010, 09:53 AM.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

I'm planning on camping at this point, but I haven't seen the weather report yet. I decided this year that I loved riding and camping and decided they should become one thing. However, I haven't tried packing everything on the bike yet. I have that scheduled for this weekend and will adjust accordingly. I should be there on Friday afternoon and I look forward to seeing everyone again.
          Bill Murrin
          Nashville, TN
          1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
          1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
          2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
          2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
          1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
          2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Hi,
            Well I took the credit card for a test flight to night
            Bought a new " Theraputic Hat" aka a Helmet

Like Bill this week end is figuring out how to pack the Venturer.
            New headlight bulb to be fitted and oil changed.
            Nearest WalMArt is in Dhelonega if we forget anything or do not have room for it.
            MaximPhil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
              Hey Phil,

That's how I got the idea, from BikerPhil. We were debating whether to ride up or trailer up. Trailering would get us up there faster and give us more time to enjoy the riding once up there. Probably go up Friday, takes about 11 - 12 hrs from here.
              Will probably ask about availability of beds considering last year's deluge. Besides, being a floridian my blood has thinned out, 50 degree nights require a bit more sleeping gear......he, he!!

So, I guess I'm asking about availablity of beds. Anyone??

I also have to check with the ex about caring for our son over that weekend.

Thanks
              Hi Cobia,
              12 hours is only 1/2 a day ride Florida is a LOOOONG state.
              Hope you and BikerPhil can make it.
              Maxim Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

You must be all the way down... ??? i can get to gulf breeze in about 6 hours from here.

Should i throw a buch of my xj parts in my dads truck and have a yard sale there? everything but the motor and tranny must go!
                " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                8mm msd wires
                tkat fork brace...
                Fox shocks...
                mikes650 front fender
                led's gallore...
                renthal bars
                gold valve emulators
                vmax tensioner
                Rifle fairing

Comment

Yamahansolo,
                  Fl is a long state, it takes about six hours to get out of it from deep in S FL. Gulf Breeze is way in the panhandle. Where are you? WTH is jawa(sp?)... he, he. Sure, bring the parts. My J is still in the infirmary so you may have something that I don't necessarily need but may want anyway.

MaximPhil,
                  I hope we do make it. It's kind of depending on finding a two bike trailer for me. I can't really spare Thursday though Tueday and trailering would mean one day of travel time each way.
                  And funny you've figured out where the nearest Wallyworld is.... LMAO!!!!

BikerPhil,
                  I have all the camping gear we use for the camping trips on the islands with the boat. From the tent to the sleeping bags, air matresses and more. We just need the room in the vehicle. If you want we can take mine.

Bill,
                  Hope you get it all in. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
                  1980G Standard, Restored
                  Kerker 4 - 1
                  850 Rear End Mod
                  2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                  Automatic CCT
                  1980GH Special, Restored
                  Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                  '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                  Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Cobia,

yamahansolo lives close enough to do the rally sleeping at his house. He meant "Georgia". Atlanta rush hour is 2-7PM on Friday. Consider bypass on 129.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

ya done work leaving in the morning a week in va then off to ga looking foward to seeing you all

XSively
                      Bruce
                      Bruce Gerken
                      '79 XS1100SF
                      "The Black"
                      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                      The Red Sled.
                      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Yes I am close but not as close as marty... plus if you reread it says j a w g a... which is southern for georgia... haha...plus there are many walmarts nearby...

79 xs11 standard
                        8mm msd wires
                        tkat fork brace...
                        Fox shocks...
                        mikes650 front fender
                        led's gallore...
                        renthal bars
                        gold valve emulators
                        vmax tensioner
                        Rifle fairing

Comment

Yes I am close but not as close as marty... plus if you reread it says j a w g a... which is southern for georgia... haha...plus there are many walmarts nearby...

79 xs11 standard
                          8mm msd wires
                          tkat fork brace...
                          Fox shocks...
                          mikes650 front fender
                          led's gallore...
                          renthal bars
                          gold valve emulators
                          vmax tensioner
                          Rifle fairing

Comment

Marty,
                            Thanks for the heads up on the rush hour info. Damn long rush huor there!!

And All,
                            Thanks for setting me straight on the local vernacular...
                            1980G Standard, Restored
                            Kerker 4 - 1
                            850 Rear End Mod
                            Automatic CCT
                            1980GH Special, Restored
                            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

rush hour

On Fridays, it's best to get through Atlanta by 3 PM
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

We'll be there..

So far the plan is to rent a uhaul trailer so we can make the drive in one day, see you on Friday night!! And we'll be camping, so let's make a good bonfire!!
                                1980G Standard, Restored
                                Kerker 4 - 1
                                850 Rear End Mod
                                Automatic CCT
                                1980GH Special, Restored
                                '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X