Classic Yamaha Weekend 2003 at TWO, Suches, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Yamaha Weekend 2003 at TWO, Suches, GA

I've made my reservations with TWO and we are looking forward to our first ever event.
    My wife and I will be on my xs11 Special and my son on his 650 Maxim.
    We are planning on trailering in from Jacksonville, Fl for the weekend.
    Walt
    80 XS11s - "Landshark"
    79 XS11s
    03 Valkyrie
    80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
    78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
    81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

I have reservations for Bruce and I in Cabin #1.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I will check the calender, but most likely will be there for the long ride on Saturday. Once final plans are laid out, time and place of departure, route, and such, let me know. I also have a guy at work that rides a 650 twin that might join, and a guy that has an older vulcan. I also told them about the classic atlanta jap bike group
      '81 XS11 Midnight Special

Comment

I just reserved cabin #2. Last year was great and I am really looking forward to this year.
        Bill Murrin
        Nashville, TN
        1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
        1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
        2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
        2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
        1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
        2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

I'll be there!

Just got my reservations for Room #3 in the lodge, I'll be taking the Queen size bed for my 6'6" frame, but there are two singles available in that room as well, so if anybody else it planning on attending and wants to share, email me. I'm staying Friday and Saturday Nights, the 17,18th.

As of this date/time, they had one other room(#4) with 3 beds available,and room#2 which they don't rent to SINGLES, so folks will need to hurry and get reserved, that is unless you plan on camping, then there's lots of room for that, but I don't CAMP! LOL
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Bruce and I are staying at TWO Friday and Saturday night, then moving over to Cherokee for 4 more nights. If anybody wants to do some spirtited riding through some fantastic country (after the rally) let me know. We are staying at the: Pagent Hills Motel, 739 Highway 441 N, Cherokee, NC 28719, (828-497-5371). Call in the evening and ask for Mark, tell him you are with me (he knows my real name). Won't get you any special deal but he may be able to give us rooms closer together. This is a busy time of year so call early. Mark rides and has a couple of bikes, and is just all around good people. Let me know if anyone else is staying.
            Gary Granger

Comment

Gary,

Did you see my post re: XS East shirts?

I will take them in Oct if you can find room for them when you come down

John

Comment

Originally posted by jkgrubbs
                Gary,

Did you see my post re: XS East shirts?

I will take them in Oct if you can find room for them when you come down

John
                Yep I did....check the shirt thread.
                Gary Granger

Comment

This is a well attended ride ? how have past rides been? its only about 8 hrs from me. And I do have a day or two of vacation left. How many other in here are plannig to attend?
                  wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

Last year we had 7 or 8 XS 11's (just a guess) as well as a bunch of 400, 650, 750 and 850 Yamaha riders. In my mind a must do event every year!!
                    Gary Granger

Comment

I will be there Saturday for the ride. I probably will be bringing 2-3 other guys that have twin 650s and triples. If I understand Robert Reil correctly, this is also a Classic Atl Jap Bike Riders event (motors 10 years and up). Other folks in this thread have made reservations at TWO, and add up to 4 to 5 guys that are active in this forum, from some pretty good distances.

Come on down, y'all!

Comment

T.W.O. Rally

I will try to ride over on Saturday to meet ya'll...If I can get off from work etc....I live in Oxford, Al. about 1.5 hrs out from Atlanta and about 3 hrs out from Suches.....60 miles east of Birmingham, Al. just off I-20...Hope to see ya'll there....

www.holyriders.com
                        Terry O'Donnell
                        81SH "BullDozer"
                        Holy Riders Motorcycle Ministries
                        [URL]www.holyriders.com[/URL]
                        [URL]www.groups.yahoo.com/group/HRMC/[/URL]

Comment

Does anyone know what time the saturday ride will start, The south atlanta chapter of the "Southern Cruisers" will be there. We are only a couple hours away from Suches, so we will probably ride up early on Saturday. thanks

Comment

Hey there Scalded Dog,

I would suggest dropping a P.M.(private Message) or even an email to Rob Reil, see the previous page's posts, and you'll find one from him, then select your choice of contact. I would think Email with subject "T.W.O. or Suches" will get his attention, he gets around 200 a day for his carb shop!!!!! Hope to see you there, they usually don't start until after breakfast, around 9-ish.

BTW, what year(s) are your "Classic Jap Cruisers"???

Just joking....but fair warning, Rob likes to set a brisk pace, hope you fellows on those cruisers can keep up!!!!
                            T. C. Gresham
                            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                            History shows again and again,
                            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by scalded dog
                              Does anyone know what time the saturday ride will start, The south atlanta chapter of the "Southern Cruisers" will be there. We are only a couple hours away from Suches, so we will probably ride up early on Saturday. thanks
                              If you find out please post it as myself and probably at least a few others will be riding up Saturday morning as well.
                              Robert
                              79 SF

Comment

Working...
                              X