• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, but where in Arkansas?
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Eureka Springs, JW knows the way.

I'll throw a couple cam plugs in with my spare pickup coils.

I'll know more about the hotel as it gets closer to time.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I've seen the Grand Canyon, but not the north rim.
        North Rim is more interesting, IMHO. There is a campground there, small but nice. For extra riding you can head out of North Rim to Pipe Springs monument, interesting if you are into western history or just want to kill some time and do a little more riding.

Scenic view from North Rim

North Rim campground

You can also make Bryce Canyon and / or Zion National Parks without much trouble from the North Rim, part of the "Grand Staircase" of national parks.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Eureka Springs, JW knows the way.

I'll throw a couple cam plugs in with my spare pickup coils.

I'll know more about the hotel as it gets closer to time.
          That's 586 miles, one way! I have a oem seat!!! It is somewhere between a cinder block or a 2x6 with a vinyl cover ! Ok, that counts the wife out. Though she is a beautiful lady and the reason for my existence, it ain't happin. So, that means I can use the back pegs for me when the loss of blood flow to my legs gets to to much. I ain't sceared. I rode a RD200 from Albuquerque to Denver once. I found out what the definition of vibration was. So sign me up!! I can claim midlife crisis. Cheaper than a C6 red Corvette! I still want no rain and I don't do tents anymore!

Comment

Ehh... that's an easy day trip. I've done that before noon.

Get with JW. He'll be coming from San Antonio. He usually splits it between 2 days.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I'm interested. It's been a while since the xs team had a gathering. Sounds like fun.
              '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
              Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
              '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
              Stan Hutchison

Comment

Still kinda up in the air Stan. I'll let you know.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Arkansas

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  We've been talking it over and we're kinda settled on the weekend of June 20th & 21st. At least no one has objected yet.

We'll keep it informal, not really a rally just a get together of some friends. Anyone interested in coming will be welcome.

What do y'all think?
                  I really have enjoyed riding there. Recommend it, and would like to go again. Even the wet ride was a good weekend.
                  It is a great big beautiful world out there
                  Brent in GA
                  Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Arkansas Trip

I'm interested in this gig. As for a good location, there is a motorcycle friendly motel/restaurant/campground called The Hub in Dog Patch, Arkansas which is just south of Harrison. They have a large area around the grounds for camping and a big fire pit for cooking hotdogs and for evening get togethers. It is not too far north of Jasper and is right in the heart of good riding country. I've been there for a fall Rallye the last 4 years and although the motel is basic I've found the people who run the place do a good job catering to motorcycle groups. Check out their web site. . . . Bohn
                    Bohn
                    78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
                    80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

Originally posted by Bohn Frazer View Post
                      I'm interested in this gig. As for a good location, there is a motorcycle friendly motel/restaurant/campground called The Hub in Dog Patch, Arkansas which is just south of Harrison. They have a large area around the grounds for camping and a big fire pit for cooking hotdogs and for evening get togethers. It is not too far north of Jasper and is right in the heart of good riding country. I've been there for a fall Rallye the last 4 years and although the motel is basic I've found the people who run the place do a good job catering to motorcycle groups. Check out their web site. . . . Bohn
                      Yea. What he said.

Comment

This seems to have lost its momentum. dare I resurrect the M.OM. ?

Comment

Its been poking along. A M.O.M. is always welcome. Especially if you can entice John & Kat back down to see that fancy tricked out bike.

John
                          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I think the MoM has been retired and it's time to move on to something that reflects the newer interests of the group. MoM was a play on words since I am a Mom. Guess y'all could figure out D.A.D.

We'll get back down that way eventually. Kids are grown and we actually have our own lives again... freaky. lol
                            81 SH Something Special
                            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Down And Dirty = D.A.D.

😏

John
                              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

i would love to make it but gonna be on a family vacation at that time. sorry
                                Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                                '82 XJ1100
                                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                                X