No announcement yet.

South Central Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, alrighty then. I'll be emailing the usual suspects.

Somebody should warn The Catfish Cabin.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Perfect excuse to buy new tires. Pencil me in.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

It would be good to see you if you can make it up Keoki. Maybe you could ride up with JW.

I'll let you know if and when.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hi Greg,
          May I suggest you continue to post developments here on the forum.
          Although I and many others are not able to make it we are still interested.
          You never know some others might even be tempted to buy new tires and join the fun.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            It would be good to see you if you can make it up Keoki. Maybe you could ride up with JW.

I'll let you know if and when.
            Sure, sounds like a plan. I need to order weather in the mid 70's low 80's, nighttime temps around 68, no rain. My pickup coil wires don't go south and I don't blow a cam plug seal outta my valve cover. My tire plug kit NEVER comes out of the saddle bag and I don't here that sickening "click, click, click" when I hit the starter button.

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
              Perfect excuse to buy new tires. Pencil me in.
              And new rear shocks.

Comment

I would be interested. First rally I went to (2000) was in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Some nice riding in the area. Photos from that event can be seen at

http://www.appleattic.net/Galleries/eureka_00.html

Would also be interested in the Utah rally.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Utah isn't really a rally, just a little get together.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

If I know this crowd it will be like the Cannonball Run on motorcycles!

John
                    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Check your damn email John.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Widen my horizons

Arkansas,Utah, Sure why not?
                        Pencil me in too !!I was thinking maybe another Colorado rally this summer..
                        Hmmm,I wonder if we could have some type of rolling rally,moving from place to place...........Have to see what my credit limit is...lol
                        78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Man, I hadn't even thought about Utah since I emailed and got no response. But yeah, I'd planned on going after May 15th if I went. I've seen the Grand Canyon, but not the north rim.

That being said, are we talking about a rally out west or are we talking about Arkansas?
                          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100
                          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Arkansas Tod. Bob just mentioned the Utah ride and it sorta expanded.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
                              Sure, sounds like a plan. I need to order weather in the mid 70's low 80's, nighttime temps around 68, no rain. My pickup coil wires don't go south and I don't blow a cam plug seal outta my valve cover. My tire plug kit NEVER comes out of the saddle bag and I don't here that sickening "click, click, click" when I hit the starter button.
                              One weekend about 3 maybe 4 years ago a few of us went over there for a weekend. It rained all day Saturday.

So we just sat on the balcony, drank beer, and ate pizza all day. It was fun too.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

We've been talking it over and we're kinda settled on the weekend of June 20th & 21st. At least no one has objected yet.

We'll keep it informal, not really a rally just a get together of some friends. Anyone interested in coming will be welcome.

What do y'all think?
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X