South Central Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Central Rally

We haven't had a rally in this area FOREVER. It would be great to get something going for Arkansas. All we really need is a place to gather. I know some anal orifices that already know all the good roads in NW Arkansas.

That area is nearly as good as North Carolina.

How about it y'all?

I'll help all I can. Some folks I know already have some great routes programmed into their GPS.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Say when... I'm in.
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Let's see what kind of interest we can muster. If there's enough we'll see if we can square away a place with camping and cabins or something.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

What timeframe? Tod was talking about Utah around Memorial weekend.

May? April? June?

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

It would have to be a date when there was nothing else going on. I think when we did the one in San Antonio XS East was going on very near that time.

That's usually the end of May IIRC. The Lost Rally is generally in August.

Sometime the end of June or the beginning of July probably. It would be cooler weather wise in June I think.

I'm shooting for the Utah trip also. You?
          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Hi Greg,
            XSEast is 'always' the Memorial week end at the end of May.
            2015 in Lake George NY. While I will not be able to make a Arkansas rally this year it is always best to pick a non conflicting date so that no one is conflicted in their choice of rally to attend.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

That's what I'm trying to get done Phil.

You would really enjoy Arkansas.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                That's what I'm trying to get done Phil.

You would really enjoy Arkansas.
                Hi Greg,
                I would really enjoy to attend an XS rally almost anywhere
                believe me when my numbers come up on the lottery there will be a lot of riding. I am already planning to take more vacation/ trips than even my credit cards can handle
                Phil
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

It's just money
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    It's just money
                    GO until VISA says NO.....then ride home on the Master Card.
                    See I do have a plan
                    Phil
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                      What timeframe? Tod was talking about Utah around Memorial weekend.

May? April? June?

John
                      Hey John,
                      If the weather is anything this coming year like it has been the past 3, and if he's thinking about heading out to Zion, the best time is between the first and second week of May. First week is usually cool to cold, second week can be warm to hot, third week is so hot, it's brutal.

We went the first week of May, when Tod, Brent, and I went.
                      Springdale, Utah (Zion Nat'l Park,) was 60 degrees. We decided to ride 80 miles away to Bryce Canyon, and it deteriorated to sleet and 36! The next week, Springdale was in the 90's!

Weather in Utah, depending on where you are, can be rather dicey.
                      But anything after mid-May becomes unbearably hot.

Choose wisely, grasshopper!

One thing I did learn the hard way, if you want to visit the Grand Canyon Nat'l Park from the north side, it would have to be after May 15th. That's when they open the park. Past 2 trips I've been out there... I wanted to see the Grand Canyon.
                      I've never seen the Grand Canyon... Thought sure I was going to get to the last trip... but no. We were there one week early.
                      Last edited by XJOK2PLAY; 12-03-2014, 11:09 PM.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

I'm highly interested. Lots of good roads there.
                        Bob Falter and I are due to make a trip south.
                        XJ1100 Ruby Red
                        XS1100LH "Midnight"
                        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

It would be nice to see y'all.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser View Post
                            I'm highly interested. Lots of good roads there.
                            Bob Falter and I are due to make a trip south.
                            You guys know you're always invited!

Come on down!

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

C'mon people.......SOUND OFF!!!!!!!!!
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X