No announcement yet.

TeXSive Rally 2002 Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you will remember, I have met your truck, nice one too.

I just strap the bike in the bed. I usually have a 2X10 to ramp it up, but it is always difficult to unload her by myself as the truck sits pretty high. Im going to check out metal ramps at the local cycle shops to see what is available and for how much. If not then I will go to my woodshop and build a better ramp tonight.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

If you will remember, I have met your truck, nice one too.
      Doh! You sure have . . . I apparently have not had enough caffenne today . . .

I have always meant to design/build a steel rail lift thingy that mounts in the back of a truck, then extends a rail out onto the ground for easy roll-on/tie down, then with a winch or hydraulic lifts into the truck . . . with easy 1-man safe loading of big cruisers in mind.
      CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Well, the latest forcast is out. The center of the storm has finally started moving, and the warnings just went up on the coast. Looks like we are in the clear. Strengthening though . . . would not want to be in New Orleans about now . . .
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Yes, it looks like the storm will be well into Tennessee by the time we ride on Saturday.
          Whew!

Forcast for Kerrville:

Fri
          Sep 27 Partly Cloudy 81°/50° 20 % rain

Sat
          Sep 28 Partly Cloudy 78°/50° 0 %

Sun
          Sep 29 Partly Cloudy 79°/53° 0 %

NICE!!!

Comment

TeXSive is Here (Almost)

Well all, one more day and TeXSive is here!

The weather is high and dry (sorry Louisiana), and the forcast for Kerrville is looking absolutely perfect. 50's for lows and lower 80's for highs.

I am looking forward to meeting you all this weekend and know its going to be a great time.
            If all those make it that say they are we should have about 11 or so people participating both riders and passangers.

I should be at the camp site by 8am tomorrow morning to sign in then I will be going out the check parts of the Saturday route just for kicks. I plan to be back at the camp site by 2pm or so. If your camping and get there before I get back just let them know your with me. If you get to the camp you will see my Big Red '91 Dodge pickup at the site and I will probably have some sort of signs out saying TeXSive Camp just so you'll know.

Don't forget to keep my cell phone number on you just incase you need to contact me.

And most importantly, Ride Safe.

Comment

You guys have fun and be careful, wish I was going! Keep you speed down will ya? Those Texas Cops don't fool around

Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Where'd you get that? I am looking for more pictures of it, if there are some out there yonder
                Got to fix it before I can ride it

82 XJ11

Comment

Got it from a Scottish Biker board, no other pictures or info there, sorry!
                  Gary Granger
                  Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                  2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

If we have some planning ahead for the next TexSive Rally, there's a good chance I can go. And my bike may even be fixed by then Soon as there is some info, I will get my vacation time set in advance.

Looking forward to the 2003 TexSive Rally...
                    Got to fix it before I can ride it

82 XJ11

Comment

Well, Im home from TeXSive, and already looking forward to next year. I will prolly start planning next years rally in early summer 2003. I will be posting a full report in the 'ride report' forum.
                      Thanks to all who attended, it was a great time.
                      Last edited by Wayne; 12-09-2002, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X