TeXSive Rally 2002 Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive Rally 2002 Details

OK all, here are some of the details of the 2002 TeXSive Rally.

Date:
    September 28-29. This is a Sat/Sun.
    (I plan to be in Kerrville by Friday evening the 27th.)

Place:
    Kerrville-Schreiner State Park
    2385 Bandera Highway
    Kerrville TX 78028
    830/257-5392 or 830/257-CAMP
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/kerrvill/kerrvill.htm
    you can make reservations online here
    http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/co.../newindex.html

Reserve a space asap

If you don't have a tent, the park has lots-o-shelters to stay in. I myself have reserved a screened shelter. This saves packing space on the bike. Just bring a mat and bag to sleep on as the floor is concrete.

There are several motels in the Kerrville area, if you would rather stay in a motel you can check out the local listings here.
    http://www.kerrvilletx.com/hotels.htm

If you think you will be coming please let me know by sending me an email at wayne_ilfrey@mhhs.org
    This way I will have an idea how many of you are coming.

I am getting a ride schedule for Saturday together.
    If you plan to come Friday let me know, I will be there be 6pm or so friday and we can hookup for Dinner.
    I figure we can meet at the park Saturday morning after breakfast between 10-11 am. Then head out. The ride should be about 6-7 hours in the hill country. We will be stopping for lunch and then have Dinner back in Kerrville saturday night.
    Sunday we'll have breakfast, and 'hasta la vista' to all.

More details coming soon.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

I'll be there. Leaving Dallas Friday morning, will arrive Friday afternoon so look foward to seeing you for dinner.
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

any new info on TeXSive 2002?
      Shawn
      78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
      78 XS1100E Parts
      www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Campsites Reserved.

I have reserved 3 campsites at the Kerrville State Park. This should allow for about 6-8 tents, or 2-3 tents per site depending on the size etc. You will have to pay the $3.00 to get into the park and then each campsite is $9.00 each per night. If you camp with another rider then the cost can be split. Im sure we can figure it all out at the site.
        I hope to be getting to the park by about 2:00 pm on friday. The reservations are in my name and I will pay the balance when I get there. Then anyone camping with us can pay me later.

I will try and let the office know that more of you are coming so you can just tell them your with my group and they can tell you where we are. If you think you will be getting to the park before 2pm friday let me know.

Here is a map of the Kerrville park.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/ker...rrvillefac.pdf

If you have any other question let me know.

More info to come.

Comment

unless the buisness picks up at work.. looks like my trip to TeXSive 2002 is not going to happen... damn doctors and hospitals are a bunch of thieves..and i have to get my son some medical tests.. soooo looks like i will have to wait til another time to beable to go play.
          Shawn
          78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
          78 XS1100E Parts
          www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

web page

We need a webpage.
            ltl

Comment

Workin on it Lanny. More to come.

Comment

XS Banner

Sid, Jerry, Wayne,

Got the XS banner today in good condition. I wonder how many of us are as well traveled as that tube!

Anyway, I have added a small bound log-book inside the tube, so all XS'ives at a rally that the banner attends can sign the book.

See you at TeXsive in September!
                CUAgain,
                Daniel Meyer

Comment

Very cool idea Danny!

Comment

OK TeXSives, we now have a web site. It was a quicky but it has all the info.

http://www.freedomdesignonline.com/X...xsiverally.htm

Comment

Only 30 more days to go . . . counting down!
                      CUAgain,
                      Daniel Meyer

Comment

(snip) from the website
                        There will also be a "Hardass" prize for the person that traveled the farthest to the rally. And a "Whimper" prize for the closest rider.
                        (endsnip)

How about a ""You're @#$*& nuts!" for the oddest route . . . Hmmmm . . . Dallas to Kerville . . . via Arizona . . .

And maybe a "Most Total Mass" (I am probably sure to win that one).

CUAgain,
                        Daniel Meyer

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                          OK TeXSives, we now have a web site. It was a quicky but it has all the info.

http://www.freedomdesignonline.com/X...xsiverally.htm
                          Oct 5-6? Maybe you should edit the date on the main page? I plan to be there 9-27!
                          ltl

Comment

Originally posted by ltl

Oct 5-6? Maybe you should edit the date on the main page? I plan to be there 9-27!
                            DOH!!! Thanks Lanny, those are old dates. Changing now.
                            Last edited by Wayne; 08-29-2002, 07:00 AM.

Comment

OK the web site has the correct dates on it now.

BTW Danny, I think i could be some serious competition for the Total Mass competition.

Comment

Working...
                              X