TeXSive Rally 2002 Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know it's summer in Texas when.....

On the lighter side.....You know it's summer in Texas when.....

The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

The trees are whistling for the dogs.

The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

Hot water now comes out of both taps.

You can make sun tea instantly.

You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.

You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.

You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.

Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.

The potatoes c! ook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

The cows are giving evaporated milk.

Anybody got any more!!

Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

OK all, just a few weeks till TeXSive. Get ready. I will be sending out an email to everyone who's email I have. I will need to get a final headcount so I will have an idea how many to expect. This will help with giving resturants a heads up that we are coming and so I will have an idea how many will be camping with us at the park.
      If you plan to join us in Kerville and don't have my email and havent recieved one from me, then contact me at

wayne_ilfrey@mhhs.org

Thanks
      TeXSive Rally Website
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

TeXSive Rally Website updates.

The TeXSive Rally Website has been updated. Check out the 'Rally Info' page for important information about the rally.

Comment

Only 14 Days left

till

TeXSive ! ! !
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Almost ready

Hey ordering some parts for the 1981 LH they should be to me before next weekend I hope. I will or should have her running before the next weekend we will see. I will let you know and if I can make it or not. Really looking forward to that ride. Will keep you updated. David

Comment

I would like to have gone, but I have to take my bike to the Insurance Claims Office to get it checked out for damage reimbursement.
              My exhaust was backordered, might have it by monday after TexSive Rally...

Maybe next year...
              Got to fix it before I can ride it

82 XJ11

Comment

Sorry you can't make it this year, but we look forward to ridin with you next year.
                Good Luck and Ride Safe.

Comment

Hey all, here is the latest forcast for the Kerrville area for next weekend.

Thursday : Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

Friday : Partial sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

Saturday : Partial sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

Sunday : Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

NICE!

Although the weather here in Houston on Thursday/Friday when im leaving isnt so positive thanks to Hurricane Isidore. But I'm outa here no matter what!!!
                  Last edited by Wayne; 09-20-2002, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Only 7 days left

till

TeXSive 2002
                    CUAgain,
                    Daniel Meyer

Comment

Uhhhh . . . Wayne?

You're not planning on bringing a Hurricane to TeXSive 2002 are you?

CUAgain,
                      Daniel Meyer

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonrider
                        Uhhhh . . . Wayne?

You're not planning on bringing a Hurricane to TeXSive 2002 are you?
                        Hey, what can I say, I though it would make things more interesting.

Comment

Hurricane

Well, Im watching Isadore with bated breath!

Being as I live on the Texas Gulf Coast (waters edge is about 2 miles from my front door!)
                          I am going to change my plan a bit and load the XS onto the Turbo Diesel and truck up to Kerrville. Not interested in riding in a hurricane. (although I might have tried it 10 years ago )
                          It's amazing what 2 children and a wife will do to your "tripple dog, double dare ya" attitude.

So with that said, I also hope that this thing stays away form the hill country area over the weekend. We will just have to keep a sharp eye out to see what happens. If it hits the Texas area dead on then it might be a problem for some getting home after the rally Sunday.

AND, I have to say that if the hurricane gets ALOT stronger and looks like its going to hit La Porte dead on, well then I will have to reconsider the trip altogether and stay with house and family. But if it seems that scenario is going to play then I will let you all know ahead of time. That certainly dosent mean that those of you who can make it cant still go, and even use the camp sites that are reserved.

I'm just throwing this out there for you all now so everyone will know what is up. I personally am PRAYING this hurrican will just move on thru Mexico and die there.

More later.
                          Ride Safe,

Comment

Forcast is getting better (for us) by the hour. It was pointed straight at Kerrville this morning, it is forcast heading for Louisana at the moment. (The graphic above refreshes with each new forcast).
                            CUAgain,
                            Daniel Meyer

Comment

Hey that is a cool graphic Danny. The Weather Channel right here in XS11.com!

As for the storm, Im pretty certain we are going to be ok. The next 24 hours will definetly tell the story.

As for the trip, Im outa here Thrusday night! Im going to go ahead and Truck it up to Kerrville just to be safe. Figure it'll be a good thing to have a big truck nearby anyway, just in case. And "Big Red" (1991 Dodge Cummings Turbo Diesel 250) is plenty big.

Comment

Cool truck. I've got a '94 Dodge Dually 1-ton 4x4 Cummings myself. You have a trailer? Or how do you load the bike?
                                CUAgain,
                                Daniel Meyer

Comment

Working...
                                X