M.o.m. 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work projects complete!
    Got my hall pass for the run to SA Friday afternoon.
    Sorry for the late notice.

Should be leaving Katy area around 4pm for anyone else wanting to ride that way.
    Richard

Comment

Alright Richard! Better late than never.

I'll be staying in Gainsville friday night and leaving early Saturday AM and meeting up with jmnjrpa in Dallas and we'll be there before noon sat. I hope.

Looking forward to this!
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Y'all better get an early start Saturday

Or it will be nonstop riding!

And you are missing out on baconcakes.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
          Or it will be nonstop riding!
          I thought about that John but that trip we made last fall Tod and I rode about 500 miles that first day with the trip back to Tulsa and then another 250 or 300 the next day.

I put on over 1000 miles in less than 3 days. Not an Iron Butt run but pretty close. I think you did even more than that didn't you?
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Not iron butt, close

I did 900 to and from Eureka Springs, plus whatever we rode. We might have ridden farther if that old guy hadn't slid his bike off in the grass!

Oh wait...er ...um... Nevermind.

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
              I did 900 to and from Eureka Springs, plus whatever we rode. We might have ridden farther if that old guy hadn't slid his bike off in the grass!

Oh wait...er ...um... Nevermind.

John
              Well, you gotta expect that kinda stuff from people who don't even tighten the exhaust bolts on their bikes.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Things are unraveling for me right now. May need to make a rocket run to Albuquerque to deal with some problems with a house I still have there. this will be be up in the air till thursday or friday. IF this all falls thru (which I hope), I will be there saturday and most likely hang out till sunday. My rig is pretty much ready to go (don't trust the batttery so I am gonna get a new one) so I don't have have a "fix its" on the agenda. I will will keep yall informed since I know my place was a landing spot for Monday. I really need a weekend of biking.
                When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

No worries Keoki

Its all good. We are "Semper Gumby" , Always Flexible

Hope it falls thru and you get to come play!

John

Comment

Just got a text, jmnjrpa is trying to back out. Said he has to work.

I told him he needs to find another job if they are going to make him work holidays and weekends.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

bummer

Our caravan is getting smaller instead of larger

I am not working my holiday weekend! No siree, they won't see the whites of my eyes until Tuesday morning.

John

Comment

Heh heh.....me either but my whites will probably be red after 12 -1500 miles in the saddle.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Tents

I had a question about tents. I have plenty of room and electricity to setup a tent onsite. I have one large three room tent I will have setup next to the driveway for extra shade and in case someone is traveling light.

Lows this weekend are xpected around 71 degrees, so nice after sunset.

I have floorspace and a couple cots if you need AC. Sorry the only guest bed is already spoken for.

Richard from Houston is arriving Friday night, but has arranged to stay at the nearby Hyatt Regency or something like that

If you can make it we can figure a way to accomodate.

John

Comment

I don't know if I'd go as far as a Hyatt...Maybe if the wife was with
                            I may take you up on a spot in that tent for a night.

Been packing up the tools and what not. So far I'm good for low to no wrenching on my ride for the weekend. I can grab the carb sync and shim(s)/tool if needed.
                            Richard

Comment

More beer for us . I aint sleeping in the same tent with Greg, heard to many stories.
                              Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

I have carb sync tool

no need to pack another I don't think unless yours is one of them fancy kind - mine is the 4 gauge kind - and its real purty too with orange and longhorns and such. Got the yamaha valve tool too though I have yet to use it. Just got a YICS eliminator tool too in case of XJs.

Greg aint that skeery - I survived Arkansas - you will be fine - if I remember it was Ivan that had the Vaseline in the master bedroom that was "unexplainable" ("Where did that come from?")

John
                                Last edited by jwhughes3; 05-23-2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X