M.o.m. 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
    April is pretty much down the tubes now.
    Yes... yes it it. Way to go Spidey.

lol

Good to see you're still alive though. Thought we were going to have send out the troops looking for you.

Originally posted by Joab View Post
    What the heck is m.o.m. 2012 anyway?
    Meeting of the Minds

It's a wrenching and riding XSive get together in Texas.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Do not let he fool you, its when Kat brings out her wooden spoon and spanks all the XSives who did not finish their beers!
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
        Do not let he fool you, its when Kat brings out her wooden spoon and spanks all the XSives who did not finish their beers!
        Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
        Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Shhhhhhhhh... You might scare him off.

and by the way... I NEVER had to use my spoons... for that reason.
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
            Shhhhhhhhh... You might scare him off.

and by the way... I NEVER had to use my spoons... for that reason.

Heh heh......not on me for sure. We had to go get MORE beer.

I do have to admit though, I was a little scared.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Naw... I wouldn't have wasted my spoons on you.
              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                Naw... I wouldn't have wasted my spoons on you.
                Yup, certainly would have been a waste.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

When are we doing it?

Memorial weekend??

John
                  John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                  '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                  Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

MOM in San Antonio?

If needed, I am willing to host the M.O.M Rally in San Antonio on Memorial Day Weekend - Friday evening thru Sunday May 25-27, 2012. I am off Monday the 28th and figure if we plan a ride north towards Austin that day for folks going home to the North I can participate in that as well and clean up after the tornado of devastation.

I got permission from SWMBO already (she's taking the dog and running away) - I have a backyard that will fit tents if need be - have floor space too for the more civilized - and there are several hotels and motels nearby (will post a list if this becomes a plan)

Webbcraft (Keoki) everything went super up in Austin last year - it seems like you are really booked up this year - I am not trying to step on toes if you have a plan in mind - I am simply off that weekend and figure y'all might like to come and try some of the twisty Hill Country Roads we have here around the city with an Alamo....

Please let me know soon if this seems OK and I will begin mapping a couple good ride routes I have in mind.

Let me know if I should cease and desist for another time or continue the planning.

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

I'm afraid we may be out. May is packed with end of school year stuff for us.
                      81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Build it and they will come...........

I could make that run John. I would love to see San Antonio, never been. Heard there are some great roads around there.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Meeting On Memorial Day Rally

So its been suggested to me that simply declaring the event to be happening is enough to make it so...kinda like Dorothy wishing to go home from Oz.

This Rally will be known as The Meeting On Memorial (M.O.M) Day Rally.

Festivities officially begin Friday evening May 25th at 5pm. There wil be story telling, picture taking, general greeting and lying amongst the attendees (which so far is just me, Dylan and Greg).

Saturday we can begin a little mild wrenching as needed, I will BBQ for lunch, then plan an afternoon ride (details later).

Sunday we can plan a repeat, except saving the grilling for the evening after sunset to maximize ride time.

Monday morning we will take off late morning for a Hill Country ride north towards Austin.

I have a modestly equipped garage with tools and compressor. I will try an clear it out for workspace as much as possible beforehand.

I will try and put together an informational page soon for those who plan to attend.

Come join us in San Antonio!

John

Comment

News flash

I just ordered a 6L Stainless Steel Ultrasonic Cleaner which will be available during the Rally in case you need a carb cleaned.

John

Comment

Twisted Sisters...a taste of Hill Country riding

One of my planned rides...

http://motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Te...5-336337a.html

John

Comment

I don't know why no one seems to be showing any interest here JW, looks like it's gonna be a great ride.

Seems like everyone would be ready for a get together while the weather is still cool enough to enjoy it.
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X