Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Weather???

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    I don't know why no one seems to be showing any interest here JW, looks like it's gonna be a great ride.

Seems like everyone would be ready for a get together while the weather is still cool enough to enjoy it.
    I think we're already "past" the cooler weather around Central Texas...It was 104 outside of Mason and 102 in Llano today and it ain't even MAY yet I think I might be headed North for a few months if this is a repeat of last year...
    By the time summer rolls around, people will prolly be combusting spontainously
    Current Rides:
    02 GL1800 Wing
    79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
    81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

Originally posted by tv5150 View Post
      I think we're already "past" the cooler weather around Central Texas...It was 104 outside of Mason and 102 in Llano today and it ain't even MAY yet I think I might be headed North for a few months if this is a repeat of last year...
      By the time summer rolls around, people will prolly be combusting spontainously

In the words of Ron White................"pussy".
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

average temp 80-90 for memorial day. not too hot!

It doesnt start to really get hot by Memorial Day in San Antonio....usually in 80s...I can remember once in 90s in past 14 years. July August now thats different.

On a bike its comfortable.

Come down.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Memorial Day weekend will still work for me. Ain't gitten close to the lakes on that weekend. Most likely won't be enough water so all the ramps will be closed, again. 22 ft of fire breathing small block and the only way I can get it wet is with the sprinklers. I still have no problem hosting it here but if John wants to try his hand at it, I am game. Don't matter if its going to be hot. Thats just comes with the territory. I really need to replace my shaft boot that is more silicone than OEM rubber at this point. I got shades, fans, big-o-ole man cave fridge and food. Maybe this time we could day trip it to Luckenbach.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Still dry down there? I work with a bunch that are into the fishing tounaments and they are complaining that the lakes are too high up here and the fishing is lousy.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I have an idea!

What if we start Fri-Sat in San Antonio, and do Sun-Mon up in Austin?

We can still do a big Sat ride down here, and hit some Austin stuff on Sunday and Monday.

What do y'all think?

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

I'll be leaving here friday after work and riding to Gainsville and spend the night with a friend there and heading your way saturday morning. You will still be 4-5 hours away. Reverse procedure to be back to work tuesday morning.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I've talked to Bigfoot, Ivan, Russ79, and trbig so far none of them can make it so unless someone in Texas is going that I can meet up with I'll be riding down solo. Still waiting to hear from XJOK2PLAY and vincer. Vince usually has a tough time getting away from work and Bob has been really busy with his business lately so I won't be counting on them.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Please post a line if theres a chance you are coming.

I need some kind of advance planning for BBQ meat and beverages.

Thanks

John

Comment

OK -OK ...........don't everybody jump in at once. One at a time.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Mom

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                        I need some kind of advance planning for BBQ meat and beverages.

Thanks

John
                        Sorry to say that I will not be at MOM memorial day weekend. Reservations at XSeast made already.
                        It is a great big beautiful world out there
                        Brent in GA
                        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Crap John, never even thought of XS East. We'll miss you Brent. Have fun.

Ridin' the Buell?
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I dont think we are competing

Ohio is so far I doubt we are competing for many of same participants. There should be enough in TX, OK, LA, NM to fill a Rally.

John
                            Last edited by jwhughes3; 05-06-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Ohio is so far I doubt we are competing for many of same participants. There should be enough in TX, OK, LA, NM to fill a Rally.

John
                              Should be..............
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

There should be enough in TX, OK, LA, NM to fill a Rally.

John
                                Workin' on it..
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X