No announcement yet.

Bob Jones Memorial Rally-from the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for fogging an entire house too!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

OK guys and gals, the time is getting near for the Memorial Party. I have been working my b... off cleaning and organizing the garage and all the XS11 parts. There are about 13-14 good parts bikes, all with engines that I am going to sell for $50 each. Get there early to put your name on the best one.
      Here is the plan...Friday night there will be a "meet and greet" at Johnny's Tavern, located in Shawnee. Address is 13410 W. 62 Terr, Shawnee, Ks. 66216. 913-962-5777. Starting around 6:00 PM. They have great food and drinks. Saturday; at my house starting around noon. Russ is planning a breakfast ride on Sunday. Then you can go your own way, or go to the classic motorcycle show.
      It will be a great weekend. Bob will be there with us. I think he would have been proud. Contact me or Russ or Bohn with questions. Hope to see as many as possible! Karla

Comment

finish loading the bike. have to gas up and i am hit the road. 1108 miles, so i am trying to make sat. earl g
        80 xs1100G

Comment

thank You karla

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
          If yall have not seen one of bob Jones bikes then you have not seen what they realy can be, i was amased, i bought two more bikes while there, parts bikes for 50 a peace, I allmost feal gilty, man what a deal
          And what a great bunch of people, made my day, I was like a kid in a candy store
          Thank you again karla, and if you ever get out to Whisky Tangos karla, the drinks are on me.
          1979 xs1100 f
          142 main, 45 pilot, Jardeen crosover 4/2, no air box
          floats @ 25.7

1979 xs1100 F
          1978 gl 1000 goldwing
          1981 gl 1100 goldwing
          !986 venture royale 1300

Just an ol long haired country boy, come to town to spend some egg money
          when ya get bucked off, get back on

Comment

Made it home safe and sound today around 2PM. Had a great time Karla. Thanks for everything, you were a wonderful hostess.

Great to meet all of you, sorry I had to eat and run this morning, to those of you who were at breakfast. I had just a LITTLE to much fun this weekend for an old fart like me.

It was time to head for the barn.

There was a few AHs there (me being one) but we had a REALLY good time anyway................LOL..............

Looking forward to the next time

Comment

Sounds like it was a great time. Still bummed that i couldn't come out there.
              1980 XS1100LG Midnight
              1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
              A quick death and an easy one.
              A pretty girl and an honest one.
              A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Thank you Karla.

I made it home as well. Ok, I only live across town, but I made it.

I had a great time. Got to spend the weekend with good friends and discussed all the Hot Button Topics that we wanted. Met a few Xsives that I had not had the pleasure to meet in person before.

I bought what was originally going to be a parts bike and after looking it over, it is in too good of shape to let it sit around and lose one part at a time. It is a 79 standard with 7900 miles on it. It was mostly complete so I picked up most of the parts it was missing.
                Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                '82 XJ1100
                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Had a great time, and enjoyed a nice long ride to get there and back. I wish I could have stuck around longer. Thanks to Karla for her hospitality, and allowing a bunch of crazy guys to invade her house. I've never seen such a spread of food for a MC gathering, that's for sure!

I still wish I could afford the Grey Wolf...

1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                    I bought what was originally going to be a parts bike and after looking it over, it is in too good of shape to let it sit around and lose one part at a time. It is a 79 standard with 7900 miles on it. It was mostly complete so I picked up most of the parts it was missing.
                    Soon to be "Thing 2".

Thanks Karla for letting us hang and for the bike! I'll be the younger Bob Jones now!

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

Comment

Hey everyone, gotta share the sentiment of I wish I could have made it.
                      We're getting ready to move from house to house here in base housing
                      so we're busy packing and cleaning. On top of that my bike's plates are
                      expired. It wasn't in the budget for me to get my plates this
                      week.
                      1980 XS11SG
                      Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
                      Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
                      ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

i am home. 2478 miles around trip.------- thanks karla for a great rally. thanks to russ and bohn. the best to ride and hang out with other xs'er. see the monster garage, six of bob's bikes and four of them people were riding. 5 days of nice,hot, weather.
                        80 xs1100G

Comment

Hey Earl, Glad to see ya made it home safe.

Hope ya had a great time out here with all of us drunk a$$ rednecks, and a good ride home.

Hope to see you again bro'. I'll try not to get lost goin' to the room next time.....LOL....

BTW....no one has made an official post for the rally yet but know you got some pics.

POST 'EM UP MAN!!
                          Last edited by XSokieSPECIAL; 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I got some video on my watch....

Famous Myspace quote:

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
                              I got some video on my watch....
                              Any of the ride we took? That'll scare the he!! out of 'em........LOL...

Comment

Working...
                              X