No announcement yet.

Traveling to the Mom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you what... maybe not this trip, but that does sound like as good an excuse as any to have a rally?

Seriously!

Surely with the Appalachan Mts around we can find somewhere to ride as well.

Somebody set it up!! I'm in!

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Pickled bastards

I'm in!!!!!

Comment

Twist my arm.

Actually, I haven't had a drink since Thanksgiving. An old friend was in town, we drank almost two fiths and ate most of a bushel of oysters. It wa fun while it lasted but ended up badly... hey raaaaallllllllllppppphhhhh
        Something about pulling the oysters out of my nostrils the next day put me off drinkin for a while.

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

In the morning.. with that shower and hot steam.. I can blow some oysters outta my nostrils most mornings.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100

Comment

Funny thing you all found tha trail and had this idea, it is pretty close to my neck of the woods and I actually drive down that way often for work. Had an idea to make a SWOXS run out of it as well. Might as well make an XS11 ralley out of it!

Now for a trivia question, what is the difference between bourbon and whiskey?
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
              Funny thing you all found tha trail and had this idea, it is pretty close to my neck of the woods and I actually drive down that way often for work. Had an idea to make a SWOXS run out of it as well. Might as well make an XS11 ralley out of it!

Now for a trivia question, what is the difference between bourbon and whiskey?
              Bourbon is a whiskey but has to be made in America to be called Bourbon
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

Isn't it that one uses virgin charred oak barrels, and the other uses used ones?
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                  Isn't it that one uses virgin charred oak barrels, and the other uses used ones?
                  I know bourbon distillers sell their used barrels to wine makers. I think for making merlot...

1980 LG
                  1981 LH

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

Love me some wiki.........I'm not so smart in person.

But I'm learnin'.............................BUURRRRP!

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                      In the morning.. with that shower and hot steam.. I can blow some oysters outta my nostrils most mornings.
                      Now that's just great... next time I eat oysters... I KNOW this visual will come to mind... along with the sound FX

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
                      lol

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                      Sounds like you're just the person to get this one going... Don't worry.. we're not a demanding lot... except Greg... maybe Ivan... definitely Harry... and Tod... and oh nevermind...
                      lol

When is the best part of the riding season around that area?

Originally posted by XSokieSPECIAL View Post
                      I'm not so smart in person.
                      Carp Greg! I just can't bring myself to say anything about this... yet...

Found this too
                      81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Interestingly enough....

what I thought to be the answer turns out not to be. I did some work for Jim Beam here in town at their bottleing plant for the fruity liquors. The plant manager and head of operations stated that to be a true Bourbon, it must be distilled in Kentucky. Anywhere else and it is a whiskey. Perhaps the distillers with a plant in Ky have a more stringent view on what is a "True Bourbon".

Though not necessarily true I guess, I will say there are enough of them right there on that Boubon Trail to keep the world in "good spirits", so to speak. That site list 6 of the distillers, but there are 8 in the area "on the trail".
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

Apparently that is many peoples' thoughts, but I have read where that's not really the case... but many disagree? There are a few other things that differentiate it also. Not being distilled above 160 proof.. minimum 51% indian corn.. etc.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/29286

But if you read the answers below.. you'll see that many disagree with the statement about bourbon coming from some other state.. although it does say that only KENTUCKY bourbon can come from there.

More of a Canadian whiskey fan myself.. but could probably have some of this forced down my throat..

Tod

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100

Comment

I noticed that the Buffalo Trace distillery wasn't listed.. and dang it! That's one of the ones I WANT to go too... so we'll just add it in...

And Tod... yeah... I KNOW it would be difficult for you to swallow... We'll drink your portion...

lol
                            81 SH Something Special
                            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Tod...having difficulty swallowing....not what I've been hearing. No Homo

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                                No problem. I hope to see you there either way. BTW, how does one distill a wild turkey?
                                Usually you have to remove the feathers first, save them and use them as a filter later. Let me know and I can explain the whole process, it's not pretty in places. . .
                                1980 XS11SG
                                Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
                                Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
                                ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Working...
                                X