X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones

Ride Safe & GOD BLESS

Comment

• I'm ready! Changed middle and final gear oil, old oil was black and drain plugs looked like fuzz balls on the end.
      http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

• tires, AK & token HD rider

Hi to those headed for the Talimena trail,

]Originally posted by yadada
        [B]Changed my oil last night, inspected the tires....found a cut in the rear! Looks like I'll have to come up with a different tire, or ride the HD. Since Brent from GA won't be there, can I be the token HD rider?

1st thing. I am glad to read that you got a new tire. There are no motorcycle tires for sale in Talihina or for miles around (or so I have been told)

Arkansas - I highly recommend the Blueberry Cobler at Cliff House inn & Resturaunt. 6 miles south of Jasper AR on hwy 7. (between Nebraska & GA) The other food I got there was good too. This buffalo river forrest area is beautiful. Hwy 7 twisty in that area. see web

www.mcrush.com/cliffhouse

Token HD rider - what to expect.
        You will be "sized up" rider or poser? Here it helps to maintain a sense of humor. Avoid hauling your bike & any use of trailers. You may be invited on a long ride..."there is a rally in South Lake Taho. Want to ride to it with us?" I did and it was Great!

Expect a warm welcome & friendly folks. Todd was SO glad to see me ride in to Talihina the first year I arrived. (He was the only rider there at Pam's Hateful Hussy Diner, and had been for a while.) Others arrived a little late. The Harley bashing signature jokes seem to be reserved for pretentious, sneering, posers. Do not worry about that.

If you plan to ride a HD with XS/XJ1100s, be ready to ride hard. Hanging off on the inside in curves helps keep hard parts from dragging. Do not worry about the other riders running off & leaving you behind. Ride safe. They will wait for entire group to catch up at turns or intersections.

If you stop & help a fellow rider having mechanical difficulties with his XS, Expect someone in the group to return from the next way point / intersection, looking for a broken down Harley. Sometimes it is just part of the ride.

Expect a little twinge of jealousy to well up in you when you see some doing wheelies, some with imaculate & shiny old bikes, some using regular 87 octane fuel...

Expect a good time, a good ride, good weather - overnight rain ends during breakfast, adventure, beautiful scenery, good food, clean rooms & reasonable prices. Even if you ride there on a HD it is well worth the trip. I did it twice. This year I will miss the fun of the rally and especially seeing my old friends who come year after year. Please Take & post some photos.

Happy motoring.
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Hay Trbig do you have a copy of the rout we will be taking?
          We have a couple of friend who are going to be up that way picking up a bike. They would like to hook up with us if possible. Great people only one flaw they ride HDs.
          Well everyone is in tilted to one mistake.

GOD BLESS:
          Robert

Comment

• check back in this thread and you will see a detailed route has been posted by trbig for the rally.
            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
            '82 XJ1100
            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Pulled into Ely about 5:20 pm. The trip back was longer than I expected, 694 miles. The bike ran great, the weather was great, and I had a tail wind most of the way. After a short night sleep and a long trip I feel pretty good but sure could use a back rub and a good nights sleep. Guess I’ll have to settle for the good nights sleep.

More tomorrow,
              Bob
              #1 ’79 XS11 Special
              #2 ’79 XS11 Special
              '97 V-Max
              '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

• Made it home

MANY thanks to Tod for putting this one together!

A TERRIFIC ride and GREAT people!
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

• I made it home here in KC around PM. Thank you Tod for putting together this great rally. I really enjoyed the ride and the socializing with all the great people that were there. I look forward to riding with you all again.
                  Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                  '82 XJ1100
                  '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• We had lots of fun hanging out with everyone, still want to see Tod eat that 2 pound burger though. I got low 40's mpg on the way up and low 30's mpg on the way back, but when your going 80 to 120 mph most of the way home, it was worth it! Chris and I made the 242 miles home in 3.5 hours! Pretty good considering 3 gas stops, 35 mph in those little towns and no cops. The bike was handling 95 mph in those 50 mph turns on the way out of town, pretty good for an old chopped bike! See y'all next year!

Jeremy
                    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

• Rolled into my driveway at 5:00 after 370 miles, all in one piece. Many thanks to Tod for putting on another successful rally. And also many thanks to all who showed up to make it so unforgettable. See you all next year!

Russ
                      '81 Venturer U.S. Navy Air Commemorative
                      '79 Special

Comment

• GREAT Time!!

Arrived back safe around 530pm.
                        TRBig thanks for running me over to the auto parts at the last minute.
                        And thanks for the GREAT ride!
                        It does not get any better than it was this year.
                        AWSOME weather, scenery, roads, and last but not least new and old friends.
                        I for one had a blast!
                        Took all of 10 minutes when I got back to fix my horn.
                        Seems the ground location I picked decided NOT to be ground after all.
                        So I picked a new spot and it works now.
                        Take Care everyone!
                        Ride Safe!
                        Till Next Year!
                        Tinman
                        --------
                        XSTin
                        80SG

Comment

• I had a great time. Thanks Tod for putting on a great ride.

It was great to put faces to the names I see here on the board.

Thanks again.
                          Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

• Good times, great rides, and great people. I had a ball. Thanks to those who organized and to those that attended.
                            Yamaniac
                            '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
                            '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
                            '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
                            '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
                            '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

• pics

Harry, Russ and Ivan, you are in a picture Adam posted on his myspace page here:http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1991685

I'll try to get some up in a day or so as well.
                              Last edited by Yamaniac; 10-12-2008, 11:21 PM.
                              Yamaniac
                              '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
                              '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
                              '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
                              '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
                              '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

• I am not a myspacer or facebooker. I am socially inept. (fat and ugly to boot. )

Maybe Adam could link them here.
                                Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
                                X