Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

room reserved

Hey Mark,

We are coming in Friday afternoon-ish, and are staying at the Trade Winds Motel. So, if you need me to help with the banner, that's cool.

We are staying Friday and Saturday night, leaving Sunday, leisurely.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

greg and Lynda
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

We will also be arriving on Friday. Staying at Best Western.
      Skippy, what time you guys rolling out and which route you gonna take? Maybe we can meet up somewhere. Looks slim for Warrior Boy to be tagging along since his wife crashed her HD so I will be able to make better time.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Wow, this is shaping up to possibly be the largest turn out for a TeXSive Rally yet.
        See you guys in a few weeks.

Cheers
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Time for a "who's gonna be there thread"? With the pissy month I have had so far, baring severe mechanical or bodily failure, I am outa here on the 27th!!! Full tank, 2 packs-o-smokes, Skynard CD in place and a thermos of java, I am on the road again. (Hey, sound like the making of a country western song )
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150
            Time for a "who's gonna be there thread"? With the pissy month I have had so far, baring severe mechanical or bodily failure, I am outa here on the 27th!!! Full tank, 2 packs-o-smokes, Skynard CD in place and a thermos of java, I am on the road again. (Hey, sound like the making of a country western song )
            OK, here it is...

TeXSive Spring Ride: Who's-a-comin'

Comment

Hot Biscuit confirmed

We have a confirmed reservation for everyone at Hot Biscuit Saturday morning.

They said they are having some folks there until 8am but they are always there!

We are set for Saturday morning 8 to 9 or 9:30.......... Wayne did post both times!

We also are set for Saturday late afternoon/early evening for dinner........ They have a great buffett and since our run goes right by them in the evening I told them I was sure some would stop for dinner there.

Banner hanging will probably be me and Hobbyman at around 7 so everyone will see it when they show up for breakfast.
              Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
              S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
              1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Banner hanging will probably be me and Hobbyman at around 7
                That's what ya get Hobbyman for staying with an old military guy! See you alot closer to that 8-830-ish time! lol.
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Re: Hot Biscuit confirmed

Originally posted by dale_1
                  Banner hanging will probably be me and Hobbyman at around 7 so everyone will see it when they show up for breakfast.
                  That's better than doing it at 0-Dark-30.

Comment

that's when I get up every day. Trbig, my Dad was military. Not soo much any more, but we used to be a big military family when he was still in the reserves. I am used to swabbing the decks and keeping everything ship shape. Now in the "more relaxed" years, I have been taking advantage of any leeway given. Gotta have some good times before I am submerged into the full military lifestyle.
                    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                    Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by HobbyMan
                      Gotta have some good times before I am submerged into the full military lifestyle.
                      better hurry ....... Friday is almost here!
                      Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
                      S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
                      1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

ATTENTION BIG CHANGE!!!

It has come to my attention that the restaurant for friday night is not open at night. The Larisa House is closed in the evening. I didnt know this until a few moments ago.

So, Please note change of plan for tomorrow night.

We will meet at
                        Jalapeno Tree Mexican Restaurant
                        1427 E Rusk
                        Jacksonville TX
                        Phone: 903-589-4339

Please tell anyone else who may not get this message in time.

Thanks,

Comment

Re: ATTENTION BIG CHANGE!!!

Originally posted by Wayne
                          It has come to my attention that the restaurant for friday night is not open at night.
                          That would make the tab substantially cheaper then, yes?

We will meet at Jalapeno Tree Mexican Restaurant
                          Oooo...Crazy Good Mexican Food! (pretty sure that's what the sign says anyway)

Please tell anyone else who may not get this message in time.

Thanks,
                          Hey, the other place is closed. Stick a note on thier door!
                          CUAgain,
                          Daniel Meyer
                          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Working...
                          X