Meeting of the XSive Minds - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting of the XSive Minds - March

Where: Hurst, Texas (halfway between Ft. Worth and Dallas)
    When: March 17, 18 & 19 (Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
    What: General gathering of XSives

The general plan is to have small workshops (read this as an excuse to hang out with other XSives) and go for a short ride on Monday.... whatever happens... happens...
    If you can't stay all three days... come when you can...
    All are welcome!

I'll post local hotel information within the next few days.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

interested

On my callendar. I have never ridden in Texas... yet.

will you let other makes of bikes ride with you? Is there a list of "new guy" rules?
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Yeah Brent, there's new guy rules... but sadly enough, you don't qualify! Anybody that would ride from Georgia to hang out with us again.. I'LL buy! Would love to see you and that fire engine red Harley again. It's quiet enough that I can actually hear MY bike riding by you! lol.

Hope you can make it.

Tod

OOPS... Did I just invite him to YOUR party Wilkat?? Hee hee..
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

General rules apply to all...

Geez Brent... with a registration date of 2002... I don't think you qualify as a "new guy" either... and Tod says he'll buy your beer... so you're good to go... or good to come... or... oh nevermind... just bring yourself and whatever vehicle can get you here and have a good time...

So Tod... you'll definitely be here? I saw in another post you had something going the weekend before this... or will you just send me a check for the beer?
        (You HAVE to come... you still have my DVD and I will ONLY take it back in person at this point)

Oh yes! By the way, Tod... keep inviting people... It's an XS party (I mean... meeting of XSives for purely mechanical purposes ) that just happens to be at our house...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Would love to see you and that fire engine red Harley again. It's quiet enough that I can actually hear MY bike riding by you! lol.

Hope you can make it.

Tod
          Thanks for vouching for me Todd.
          As I recall, the first time I saw your bike, I passed it on my HD like it was standing STILL.

Wait you doubters, wait. It is really true. The reason is because Todd got to Pam's hateful Hussy Diner before Bohn and I, and had parked and gone inside. It WAS sitting still.

Thanks for coming out to greet us. There is a good chance I can make it.

Brent in Ga
          It is a great big beautiful world out there
          Brent in GA
          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

One of the problems with me vouching for you Brent... is you are going to have two strikes against you already when you get there!

If you remember... my bike was SICK at the Talimina ride... so you may have actually passed me if you tried! lol.. With my spun crank bearing... another hundred miles and the people walking would have passed me I think.

I just looked at the slide show from the other link when you went to the Keys. I went there last June and went diving... I would LOVE to go there on a bike some time.

Hopefully see you next month.

Tod
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Sounds fun! I'll be there!

UPS guy got here Saturday...so all the expensive bendy parts aren't bent anymore!

Of course, I smacked a phone pole this morning...so I may have to revise that statement after I get home tonight.
              CUAgain,
              Daniel Meyer
              Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
              Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Lets saddle up and ride!!!
                Clutch situation has become critical. May have to perform surgery before the ride so I don't have to stay in the bike lane. This would not preclude nor negate my intended attendance to this event.

Due to distance and the impending long classroom hours involved, this will turn out to be a overnighter for me.
                When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Re: interested

Originally posted by Brent
                  On my callendar. I have never ridden in Texas... yet.
                  What he said. I really do want to go, but have no idea how to work out the time/work issues.

I really need more vacation time.
                  I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

PAIN,

You could do what I did! I got layed-off! Well that is nornal this time of year. Plenty of time off until june. Will be making alot of rides as long as the money is still comming in. I could use a ride partner for this 900+mile trip. What do you say?????????
                    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                    79 special (skull bike)
                    79 special (parts bike w/title)
                    79 special
                    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                    81 650 maxim
                    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                    01 Gz 250

Comment

Darn, can't make it that weekend.
                      You crazys ride safe. See ya'll in April.

[b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Update?????

Just wondering how your event is comming and If there is anymore plans. I am almost positive I will be down only thing stopping me is the weather. If I can get a good week of weather I will be down. I will keep you posted.
                        68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                        76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                        79 special (skull bike)
                        79 special (parts bike w/title)
                        79 special
                        80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                        81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                        81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                        80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                        81 650 maxim
                        81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                        88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                        01 Gz 250

Comment

Brent: If my Dad (Phillip) is here, he would want you to stop by my house. Hopefull most everyone who was at Talimena will be able to come down or over for that matter. I may have a few things that need fixin by then. My dad and I will just be getting back from our smokeys XS road trip. We are gonna drive it all the way. Should be back just in time for the gatherin.
                          Last edited by HobbyMan; 02-12-2007, 12:10 AM.
                          United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                          If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                          "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                          "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                          Acta Non Verba

Comment

Just kind of hangin' out to see...

how many bikes (and subsequently... riders) will be here...

Tentative plans call for a B-B-Q on Saturday and maybe Sunday... for anyone coming in on Friday there will be some munchies too...

As for working on bikes... just need people to post their wants and ideas...

A donation jar for food and drink will be available with a portion going as a prize to whoever rides the farthest to get here... Sound like a plan?

Like I said before... whatever happens... happens... As long as everyone has a good time... it's all good...
                            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Signed up, sealed, locked and loaded!!! Gotta a hall pass for the whole weekend. Maybe arriving friday, may meet up with Skippy. Plans not firmed up yet other than I will be there.
                              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
                              X