No announcement yet.

Memorial Day 2005 Unrally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do that every year with the shirts so post the size you want for you and Fran. Tomorrows first might be a little cold for that. I'm ready to ride .
    Ralph

Comment

Bud
      Post the sizes you need I'll get a count on the amout of shirts that need to be made find out the costs. Let every body know how much and where to send the money. It's a cheap way to remember the trip . First Sunday is tomorrow might be to cold for that but I might try to make there any way.
      Ralph

Comment

i'm sleeping in. i'll make it one of these sundays. shirts 2 large

Comment

I want to go but at 8:30 it might just be to cold . The unrally is starting to roll along pretty good now the guy from chester co. can't make it so its you and Fran ,me And Tracy from here so far .
          Ralph

Comment

I'm in. Put me down for 1 large Black or Maroon shirt. I'm going to stay Monday night anybody else?

Comment

Part of my post on the Yahoo site:

I know we did WV last year, but this is a different part, and heck,
              WV just has some of the nicest roads. I have had some suggestions from jetmechMarty in GA who has travelled a lot of WV roads, and LOTS of help from Greg xsesivebiker, who lives near Summersville, WV and who has also travelled often on these routes. We are looking at mostly sweepers with a few twisties. I will be going down there for a scouting trip in the spring, if that EVER arrives, to be sure of the roads, restaurants, and rest / gas stops.

The schedule:
              Friday, May 27 - arrive at the Econo Lodge, meet and BS. (Those of you who NEED to polish your bikes may do so.) We will find a big room and all gather.

Saturday, May 28 - breakfast and then kickstands up by 9 AM, ride all day, stopping for lunch and maybe a scenic spot or two. Depending upon the time, we will stop for supper after the ride in Elkins, or nearby as we end the day. There will be lots of gas stops so you can bring your Special if you want. )

Sunday, May 29 - basically same as Saturday, different route.
              Monday, May 30 - departures for home.

I have a 'Northern Route' and a 'Southern Route' planned so far, one goes around Elkins in the north an one travels towards the south of Elkins.

I am sure this will be like other XS rallies, there will be some solo riders with hi-tech bikes, and couples riding 2-up (Sally is planning to ride along with me on the XS), some cruisers, the prerequisite H-D or two, so the riding rules will be the same as most XS rallies. "Faster" bikes to the front, "slower" 2-up types and 'low-riders' towards the back, everyone meets at the next intersection where we have to turn. Staggered riding on longer straight roads (although not too many of these) and single file on the narrow twisty roads. I will have maps for everyone, no one will get lost. Pick your comfort level and just enjoy the ride.

See you there!
              Last edited by MartyA; 03-06-2005, 03:36 PM.
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hi guys ...

Just got off the phone with the Econo Lodge. I have a room.
                I am going stag to this one. Lynn can't take the long run down and back. Also she hasn't got that many holidays.

Order me 2 large T shirts. Will bring american money with me.

Am I going to be the only token Canadian this year again?
                Tom
                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Welcome Tom,
                  It will be good to see you again.

Ralph Meeks
                  Ralph Meeks
                  79F
                  80SG

Comment

I was wondering when we would hear from you about a this. Glad your coming this year. I'll take your order on the shirts and let you know the colors I 'll be order them in when i meet the printer or whoever I get them from.
                    Ralph & Tracy
                    80 Midnight Sp-Evil Mistress
                    96 Royal Star-unnamed
                    650 Savage-unnamed

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52
                      Hi guys ...

Just got off the phone with the Econo Lodge. I have a room.
                      I am going stag to this one. Lynn can't take the long run down and back. Also she hasn't got that many holidays.

Order me 2 large T shirts. Will bring american money with me.

Am I going to be the only token Canadian this year again?
                      Hi Tom and others,
                      I am working on HamJam for this one. This area of WV has always interested me. I leave for Florida on wednesday ( in the Cage) and will once again pass though WV without stopping
                      MaximPhil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Will Jim be bring his new bike?????
                        Tom

Comment

Whats this Jim has a new bike?
                          Ralph

Comment

I have a new bike ?? kewl what is it ?? I didnt know that , hang on ,........ nope nothin new in the garage
                            I wish people would tell me stuff, I'm the last one to know , the last thing I got was a bunch of pictures of guys where it was tres chaud and i was tres jealous
                            Jim
                            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                            and SOXS
                            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Hows it going Jim are you comming to W.V. Had a great time in Canada last year . Now its our turn to showyou agood time south of the border.
                              Ralph & Tracy
                              80. Midnight Sp.-Evil Mistress
                              96 Royal Star- unnamed
                              97 650 Savage- unnamed

Comment

What ? Anne wouldn't let you have the money?

I was sure you had the bike bought at the show in January. It did look good on you...er No no... you looked good on the bike!

So Jim are you goin a to come to West Virginia?

And yes I already have 2000 kilometers on the bike this year.
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X