Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody interested in an XS East rally July 4th weekend, 2005 in NY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nascar Talk

Hey Wayne,

I didnt scare ya with that Nascar talk did I?

Floyd

Comment

Hello? Any is this thing on? Paging Bruce... LOL

I tried to phone the motel and got the answering machine. Now that was back a couple of weeks. The message on the machine said that they would be closed for the month. I haven't tried again so I don't know whether that was December and they haven't changed it or that was really January's message.

But while I was at it I did some looking on the internet as to how big this place was.... They only have 8 rooms. Then I went looking on the net to see if I could find someplace else close to or maybe even in town. I couldn't find anything..... Can someone enlighten the group here. Any other options?

Is it me or is it this snow?????

Wayne

Nice to see that you might be or are coming.... Not sure how to take this delay..... Hope everything is good on the home front!
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Tom, that must be December's message, because I called on Jan 2 and had no problem. Keep trying.

Randy

Comment

I got that message a week ago....not there until end of Jan.
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

NASCAR to Floyd

Hi Floyd,
            Hope to see you at this rally for more Car talk.
            Wayne
            80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
            Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

I'M IN (I THINK)

Yes this Bluenoser is considering seriously on coming. I'll have to discuss with SWMBO first. I have to come because Bruce is going and that's a long way for Alpha. I may consider bringing my trailer (have to carry all those repair tools for Bruce's Alpha)javascript:smilie('')
              javascript:smilie('').

Has anyone considered setting up a web site for this rally? Unfortunately, Bill K. has moved to sunny California and he has always helped in setting up a web site for the Northeast rallies, starting way back with the Cape Breton Rally I hosted.

I'm also considering going to Laconia. I have never been to this rally..... just thinking about it but I would like to hook up with somebody or 2 or more who maybe going. Just thinking.....

Mark R.
              Milford Station, NS
              '84 XJ1100H, Omega
              Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
              '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
              '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

Mark

Hi Mark
                Never did find your hat sorry . Hope you and Bruce make a stopover at my place to pick up Tina and i. I have a trl built for big red and we are leaving veery early friday morning. You two could spend thursday night at my place if u like. Laconia ....hmmm if work permits havent been there in 6 years!! It is a riot as a matter of fact my next door neighbours son has a HD and married a girl that lives in Laconia. I might be able to come up with a place to pitch our tents. Not sure on Laconia but NY is 4 sure.............MITCH
                Doug Mitchell
                82 XJ1100 sold
                2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Hi Tom,
                  I'm sure they'll be back soon, the Susquehanna has campgrounds and has a place for us to build a campfire ( sounds like a good place for us to drink beer !) if not, we can have a campfire in my backyard !! ....
                  We do have a Super 8 up the road about 6 miles or so, try the 800 number 800-888-8880 you'll want a room(s) in the Sidney, NY Super 8.
                  What does everybody think of Saturday night dinner ? I can prearrange it at 1 of the local resturants, please give some feedback on this one since I'd need to give them a head count at least a week in advance.

Looking forward to hearing your input !

XSively,
                  Bruce & Deb
                  Bruce Gerken
                  '79 XS1100SF
                  "The Black"
                  '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                  The Red Sled.
                  St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Bruce,

Count me in (1) for Sat night dinner.

Comment

gotta eat, might as well be with you, count us in.
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Dinner

Doug and Tina will be there Sat nite for dinner.............MITCH
                        Doug Mitchell
                        82 XJ1100 sold
                        2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                        2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                        1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                        47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Ok I guess we can eat Sat night......try not to get any on ya!!
                          Attached Files
                          Gary Granger

Comment

Count me in for Saturday night supper too.

Mitch: I have a new hat. When I get the new XS11-XJ11 badge from Bruce, I'll have a newer hat. The badge Bruce made is like the old but has the dates '78 - '84 instead of '78 - '82. This makes up for the oversight that here in Canada we have 1984 XJ's.

Gary: Who's the baby??!!!
                            Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
                            '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
                            '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

Originally posted by omegaxj
                              Count me in for Saturday night supper too.

Gary: Who's the baby??!!!
                              I don't have a clue...I just did a web search for sloppy eaters , sorry to disappoint!!
                              Gary Granger

Comment

Hey there BruceG, Gary, and the collective rest!!

I remember the roads in Alexandria area, and Pa Grand Canyon, both more along the lines of sweepers vs. twisties. Is this the style of roads we'll be running?? The reason I'm asking is, believe it or not, my mother of only 78 yrs young wants to go sight seeing in the NYC area, and Wash DC., and my boss is taking the whole July 1-8 week off, so I should be able to get it all off, and would be a great combination for me, attending this rally with her, and also be able to go to NYC and Wash. afterwards!

In her youth, there was a time when she wouldn't date a guy if he didn't have a motorcycle. And I remember her going on a date with a boyfriend on a HD Electraglide in the 70's. She wants to see the sights that she never got the chance to see, she's getting older and wants to have some fun while she still can! She got me my First Brand New Motorcycle(74 Yam TX500) for High School Graduation in '76, gotta love a mom like that!!

So...riding sweepers would be much better for her than trying to maneuver thru a bunch of tight twisties!! And I remember Tom Cale riding double, and Floyd Vincent, and maybe even Wayne Reddin with his fiance`, so I'm hoping for a more moderate paced type ride on this one!?!?

I'll also want to possibly PM some folks to talk about how and where I can park my bike/trailer combo securely while we go to NYC, and the best way to do that, either driving in a suburb area and then taking a train into NYC and cabs around the sites!?
                                T.C.
                                T. C. Gresham
                                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                                History shows again and again,
                                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                                X