No announcement yet.

XS East 2018 North Bend again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eight bikes, two are XS11's, two BMW, one V-Star, 3 FJR.
    Both XS11's run great; Schming's is pretty cool.

Very warm, but otherwise good weather.

Nortj Bend lodge is remarkable unchanged from last rally here, still nice though.

Mostly great roads, some crappy roads, it's WV, getting all that we expected. Getting some worthy wear on the sides of the tires .
    GPS changed couple small parts of the route, in one case sent us down what turned into a 4-wheeler path. Not sure why it's doing that. Minor mishaps which are noteworthy if you are new to this, just another GPS riding adventure in WV for the seasoned (well, except for Sally's knee.. ).
    We were excitedly welcomed at the Belair Bistro lunch stop by the owner. She greeted us with a "Welcome Bikers" sign.

High hopes and great expectations for the Sunday ride, lunch at the famous Quinnett's Court.
    Last edited by MartyA; 05-27-2018, 04:09 AM.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

It rainedxxx all weekend, in North NJ
      Darrell
      78E
      80G project
      06FJR

Comment

Sunday ride even better

Sunday's ride was just as nice - weather cooperated (well, it was a bit hot) and most of the roads were great twisty fun.

Quinett's Court was up to its usual high standards of multiple selections of good food. We arrived just before the church crowd and had a leisurely lunch.

Ran into a local fellow, a soon-to-be preacher, at the last gas stop. We chatted a bit - with his local accent he told us how much he was enjoying listening to our different accents. He also gave us fortuitous directions, saving us from perhaps another off-road adventure.

All-in-all a good rally. Many many thanks for the great company shown by this year's attendees. Riding good roads is only part of the fun at these rallies. Meeting new folks and seeing old friends again is the other great part.
        And we missed some long-time friends at this rally.

Time to start thinking of next year.
        Marty in NW PA
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Great rally !!! Great time !!! Great company !!!

Just got home safe and sound both us and the bike.

We enjoyed our first rally in about 20 some years.

It was really nice to finally meet fellow XS'ers and put faces to the names.

Thanxs to Marty & Sally for welcoming us so graciously and to Tom & Pam, Mark, Darrell, Keith, Seth & George for great riding and great conversation when the bikes were resting

The bike needs a few tweaks which were exposed as we rode the twisty mountain roads but nothing major.

Can't wait for the next chance to get out again !!!
          1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
          1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
          1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
          1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
          1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Home safe and sound! Another great rally. Thank you Marty, Sally, and Darrell for all of your efforts putting this thing together. It was great seeing everyone again and I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon.
            Mark Stanton

Comment

Rolled in a little after 2:00. Rt-50 is a great ride.
              Darrell
              78E
              80G project
              06FJR

Comment

Home ok

Left Keith and Darrell at Clarksburg, with Scout, Greg C. from Summersville. He came up this morning for a quick howdy!

Arrived home 3:15, 1,000 miles round trip. Thanks all for great time!!
                Marty in NW PA
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Home too

Ditto on route 50. Great rides all weekend. Best group of all to ride with! Ride often and be well.

Keith
                  Keith

BMW K1600GTL-E
                  Honda GL1800
                  -Suzuki GV1400
                  -Kawasaki KZ1300
                  -Yamaha Xs1100
                  -Honda CX500
                  -Kawasaki KZ440
                  -Honda XL350, SL100, Trail70

Comment

Finally home.....Left just before 8:30 in the morning rolled in at 7. Didn't matter for distance which way we rode around Lake Erie. Great weekend, The people that pitched this together did a bang up job. In more ways than one. Small crowd but worked out great!
                    We rode in ON,NY,PA,OH,WV,MI
                    Tom
                    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Rolled in around 1 and spent a few hours slowly unloading the bikes.

Thanks to everyone who showed up! We had a great time at our second rally. Great rides and wonderful conversation and story telling! Looking forward to see what next year will bring!
                      1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks for all the updates, hope I can make it next year.
                        Steve R

'80 SG
                        "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
                        1978 XS400E Red
                        1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

This thread is useless without pictures Glad to know you all had a good time and no mis-haps!
                          Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Heres my couple pics. Still editing the gopro footage
                            1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
                              ... and no mis-haps!
                              Um, yeah, well......

At least we had TWO XS11's at the XS11 rally.
                              Last edited by MartyA; 05-31-2018, 02:00 AM.
                              Marty in NW PA
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

https://youtu.be/5lMPrMCnCP0

Gopro footage of Day 1 has been uploaded!

Comment

Working...
                                X