2018 XSEast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    ok..back in '07 the NJ rally with the ST owners was based in newton NJ...but discussions state that Port jervis NY..is an excellent base camp for the NY NJ and PA roads easily accessed...
    Hi Ben,
    Newton NJ looks promising.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
      Hi Ben,
      Newton NJ looks promising.
      Phil
      PM Sent...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Newton, NJ has ready access to High Point, Delaware Gap, Skyline Drive, Greenwood Lake, Harriman / Bear Mtn, Hawks Nest (yup, NY has one too) to name a few good riding areas. And a personal favorite...Shades of Death Road.

It's also far enough out of NYC to avoid traffic problems.

I'd be available for scouting.

Are we there yet?
        Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Awesome Randy!!!! I found an Econo Lodge on Rt 206 Newton NJ. rates look reasonable and about $70/per night ..spilt is 35 bucks a night...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

There have been a lot of good rides in NJ over the years. My favorites were Monmouth/Ocean counties, by the shore, and west of there in the Pinelands. Of course there was always rolling thunder, but that is usually a Harley-Fest.

I never saw a multiple day rally in NJ, except "Roar to the Shore" every year in Wildwood, but alas, another Harley-Fest. I've never seen an XS11 Rally at all .... (I've never even seen another XS11 in NJ besides my own). The north area you are talking about is really nice too.
            1979 XS1100 Special - On the Road https://xs11.club/core/images/smilies/smile.png
            1973 RD350 - In the Shed https://xs11.club/core/images/smilies/frown.png

Comment

not going anywhere near the Jersey Shore..this is a holiday weekend..so shore shooflies..keep away...
              My family lived 35 yrs in Robbinsville...so Western..Northwestern and Northern NJ are the preferred areas to be that weekend...There's so much along the Delaware river..quaint towns..cool bridges..and some pretty good roads....what's not to like?
              Ive done Rolling Thunder to Wash DC...just the opposite of where we want to be...
              Last edited by madmax-im; 12-27-2017, 08:07 AM.
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                Awesome Randy!!!! I found an Econo Lodge on Rt 206 Newton NJ. rates look reasonable and about $70/per night ..spilt is 35 bucks a night...
                Right, and there's a really good italian joint with a party room there, just a short walk away from the hotel. Hmmm..

HEEEYY... Wait a minute! Am I being hoodwinked???

Comment

MadMax is correct ... There are a lot of nice rides to the Jersey Shore using back roads, especially for evenings; but if this happens on Memorial Day, I would not try to take a huge motorcade of bikes anywhere near the ocean.

South-West, West and North-West, by the Delaware River or in the Pine Lands and other areas away from the big populations, have a lot of good places to ride. Hopefully there will be a good place to congregate all the bikes too. Just have to hope the NJ weather cooperates.
                  1979 XS1100 Special - On the Road https://xs11.club/core/images/smilies/smile.png
                  1973 RD350 - In the Shed https://xs11.club/core/images/smilies/frown.png

Comment

Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
                    Right, and there's a really good italian joint with a party room there, just a short walk away from the hotel. Hmmm..

Only if ya wanna be..
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

https://www.choicehotels.com/new-jer...63?source=gyxt
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It's a good outline of a beginning, but it still needs an organizer.

Comment

and we can park outside our rooms.. Yay!
                          80 SG
                          81 SH in parts
                          99 ST1100
                          91 ST1100

Comment

Softly softly catchee monkey
                            Phil
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

It's a good outline of a beginning, but it still needs an organizer.
                              Um, that would be you! You did a great job of hosting on your last one. Go for it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mastan View Post
                                Um, that would be you! You did a great job of hosting on your last one. Go for it!!!
                                Steady mastan we have not given up on Ohio yet
                                Phil
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                                X