No announcement yet.

XS East 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like all has been quiet for over a month and time is moving on. Wondering if this is still on or maybe a change is in the works.
    POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
    THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
    1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

in the works.
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Sorry for the short reply, I was on the phone with a restaurant.

I'm helping Darrel.

GET YOUR RESERVATIONS IN! Only 5 reservations as of today.
        Marty in NW PA
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

I'm in. There is no Emilia Cook.....
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
            I'm in. There is no Emilia Cook.....
            Yeah you can just call and ask for a room from the block set aside for the XS East group for Memorial Day weekend.

For the first-timers, the schedule is the same each year - arrive at the motel Friday afternoon and socialize. Then we ride Saturday and Sunday, usually departing at 8:30 or 9:00 am, and promptly. Lunch each day is scheduled in advance, and we eat as a group. Then Monday morning we depart for home. There are stretch / water stops and gas stops scheduled on the routes.

So when you call the lodge, tell them you are arriving Friday May 26, staying for 3 nights. Several of the rooms have 2 beds so if you are solo you can share the cost of a room with another member. Feel free to post here if you want to pair up.

I have not spoken to Darrell yet, but I assume we are eating breakfast and supper there at the lodge.
            Breakfast menu

Dinner menu

Once the routes are finalized, paper copies will be available for download, as will GPX files that you can import into your GPS programs.
            Marty in NW PA
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Status

Marty and I are working the routes.

I believe Twin Falls is quite remote so we'll take meals at the resort. From past experience they're ok and quite reasonable. It looks like gas stations are nearby.

Working the t-shirt design now.

I'll probably do a recce run in another month to verify routes, lodging etc.
              Darrell
              78E
              80G project
              06FJR

Comment

T-shirt

This is the tentative t-shirt design. I'm waiting to hear back from the printer.
                URL=http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/newc44/media/Final%20mask%202.png.html][/URL]
                Darrell
                78E
                80G project
                06FJR

Comment

A web page that summarizes XS East 2017 rally information to date has been created. The address is:

http://www.appleattic.net/east_2017/default.htm

Please feel free to e-mail me with additions, corrections. or changes.

jerryfields at mac.com

I will add more information as I get it.

For those who might be interested, here is page for the Colorado 2017 rally. (July 14 - 17.)
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Shirt looks NICE!!
                    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                      A web page that summarizes XS East 2017 rally information to date has been created. The address is:

http://www.appleattic.net/east_2017/default.htm

Please feel free to e-mail me with additions, corrections. or changes.

jerryfields at mac.com

I will add more information as I get it.

For those who might be interested, here is page for the Colorado 2017 rally. (July 14 - 17.)

As Jerry states there may be updates and changes, and the route files should be ready in a day or two, so check back frequently.
                      Marty in NW PA
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Web page has been updated. The route maps are now in viewable/downloadable/printable .pdf files. The routes' GPS files are now available as downloads as well. Two versions, one for Garmin devices and another for generic GPS units, four files in all: One of each type for Saturday and one of each type for Sunday's ride.

Please note: The download links use an HTML 5 "download" command which is supported on most newer browsers. I have tested it on my Mac Pro using Safari and with my Win 7 Pro 64 box that is running IE 11 and the latest version of FireFox. If you have problems getting the files try another browser or contact me and I can e-mail you the file(s.)

Link to the page is: http://www.appleattic.net/east_2017/default.htm
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Thank you Jerry!
                          Marty in NW PA
                          This IS my happy face.

Comment

If someone wants a printable paper version of the routes in PDF format shoot me an email.
                            lastllaff at verizon dot net.
                            Marty in NW PA
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hmm. I've been thinking about this Rally. Believe it or not, this is actually closer than the Lost Rally that was in my own state!!

I'm trying to get my younger brother to go with me. Memorial Day is my birthday. Hmm . . .
                              1979 XS1100F
                              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                                Hmm. I've been thinking about this Rally. Believe it or not, this is actually closer than the Lost Rally that was in my own state!!

I'm trying to get my younger brother to go with me. Memorial Day is my birthday. Hmm . . .
                                All are welcome; bring a friend!
                                You get to bring the cake this year.
                                Marty in NW PA
                                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                                X