No announcement yet.

XS East 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I'm hitting 81 in Staunton then 64 west. Leaving here around 8 or so, about 3 hours to Staunton from my house.
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

• getting ready to leave. light rain . met up with ralph in Harrisburg pa., then south. 81 to 64 is the ride for today.
      everybody have a nice ride in see you there.
      80 xs1100G

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Mostly packed just have to fit the bags and work all day before being able to GO
        Leave the light on Marty Rain in the forecast
        so Brian and I may get wet

Phil
        Mostly packed too, just need to load the bike, after a HALF day of work

Don't care about the rain, I bought some rubber pants

So, when are we gonna BEEE there?

See you folks there!
        '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
        '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
        '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
          Looks like I'm hitting 81 in Staunton then 64 west. Leaving here around 8 or so, about 3 hours to Staunton from my house.
          We can meet 1130-1200 at either the Fairfield Rest Stop, about mm 198, or do lunch in Lexington at Sorrento's (XSEast 2011 venue) or The Palms. Cheapest fuel in the area at Exit 205.
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

• So unfortunately my roommate fell ill. He won't be making the journey with us this year
            Dad and I are still coming though!
            1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines

Comment

• Originally posted by newc4 View Post
              We can meet 1130-1200 at either the Fairfield Rest Stop, about mm 198, or do lunch in Lexington at Sorrento's (XSEast 2011 venue) or The Palms. Cheapest fuel in the area at Exit 205.
              Call me tomorrow and let me know where you are. Are they both on 81?
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

• All packed and sealed up ready to go tomorrow. Wishing everyone a safe trip to Twin Falls. It looks like it's going to be an adventurous weekend.
                Mark

Comment

• Arrived at Twin Falls Resort.

Beautiful sunny day. Awesome curvy road over the mountain into Saulsville then curvy curvy curvy very scenic 4 miles in the park to the resort.

Had late lunch snack with Earl and Ralph near Beckley. Arrivals so far: Earl, Ralph, Duwayne, Jim, Darrell, Ted& Heather plus it looks like Tom & Pam here too.

Remote area so cell phones spotty at best.

Maybe post a couple pics tonight.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Made it home safely. Thanks to all for the effort put in to the event.

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

• Made it home safe and dry. What a beautiful day for a ride. So glad the NWS doesn't know wtf they are talking about!
                      What a great rally. Thanks to Darrell and Marty for all the hard work putting this thing together. It was great seeing everyone and I hope to see ya'll soon!
                      Mark

Comment

• arrived OK

Home OK 4 PM, nice cool day. Lost Dean near Beckley, sorry dude!
                        1,255 miles there and back again.

Thanks all for participating!!!
                        Marty in NW PA
                        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                        This IS my happy face.

Comment

• I'm home got here about 6:30. Thanks Marty and Darrell great job

Comment

• Awards Photos

Earl gets Best XS Award

Brian (newbie! Welcome!) gets longest distance on an XS award (yes we calculated in miles)

The Harley Award! Tom and Pam

Earl gets the 1st Brent Hoovestol "Promptness Award"
                            You know, we are all lined up, engines running, and someone still hasn't put on their helmet and put out their ceegar...

Group Photo

and one with me...

(best my old phone can do)
                            Marty in NW PA
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

• One More

Phil Delhaye (Canada Phil) won the first "Character" award, voted by the group. (my camera won't win any awards for the photo I have. Sorry Phil. )
                              Here is a stock photo of our "Character"

Marty in NW PA
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Ootstandin', Marty, thank you!

I'm glad everyone had fun and seem to be getting home in mostly one piece!
                                -- Scott
                                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                                1979 XS1100F: parts
                                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X