No announcement yet.

XS East 2016 Coudersport, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home safe and sound. I had beautiful weather the whole way home! Thanks Marty for all the work you put into this. I had a great time.
    Unfortunately, none of my videos came out. The extensive well written instructions failed to mention a few important details. I figured it out on the way home and will be ready next year.
    Marc Von Stanton

Comment

• We made it home around 3:45 left Earl headed to 78 an Robin headed to the turnpike great trip great people a nice weekend in all

Comment

• Gary and I got home around 1:30. We had a great time so good seeing everyone. Thanks Marty for putting together another great rally.
        How fast is 210kph?
        2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure

Comment

• Missed the rain, all back safely via rt6 and I84 east. Very pretty through 6 to rt 15 with fog floating in the valleys.

I kept looking for Elk, and only found a doe licking her fawn in a field of short hay.

I had to push myself hard to do the miles but I'm so glad I didn't miss it.

Thanks Marty for a great trip, awesome food. I know I didn't say goodby to everyone but I would like to here. What a great group, spirit and attitude!
          1967 Bultaco Metralla 250
          RD125
          1973 CT3 175
          78 XS1100E
          80 XS850SG

Comment

• got home 4:45 nice ride back no rain, lots of traffic.

yes a great rally. what a town to have a rally in. and a state.

thank you marty for putting this together, and showing me another part of the state in live in.
            and thanks to the road captains watching are backs.

80 xs1100G

Comment

• Home sweet home

Gladly add my thanks to Marty for putting this ride together. M and I did enjoy each and every moment. Can not believe the weather gods decided to put the topping on the weekend by giving us a clear and dry run home. Boarder crossing extremely light, traffic moving all the time.
              Both bikes no problems just rolled merrily along.
              Great to read that others had a easy run home also
              Icecycle and M
              "first 60 years of childhood were real fun" Looking forward.

Comment

• Late reply

Had to go to in-law family barbecue.
                We had the shortest trip home - only 51 miles. One parade interrupted the trip for only a couple of minutes.

Thanks all for coming, makes it all the more fun with all the more characters participating...

Many thanks to Gary and Dena for great shepherding help. Most don't see that we are communicating and don't realize how much easier it is to keep us all together when have radio contact with someone in the middle and back of the pack!

Anyone have a couple of photos to share so we can make the others who missed this rally just a tiny bit jealous?

From Sally's phone, standing on the observation deck, a side view of the Kinzua Bridge:
                Marty in NW PA
                Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Honestly I didn't take a single one of these photos.....

Gary Granger
                  Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                  2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

• Great Pics! Thank You.!!
                    1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
                    2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

• Late to post. arrived home at 5:00pm also had a good run with perfect weather and no traffic problems. Thanks for another great rally.

Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Great photos, looks like fun !

I look forward to the opportunity to go on one of these rallies. Once I get this awesome bike on the road.
                        '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                        '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                        '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

• From Dean2:

"Thanks for letting me tag along with y'all on Saturday and Sunday. I appreciated the warm welcome, engaging conversations, tasty food, and twisty roads. It was a short weekend getaway for me, but a good one Perhaps our paths will cross again...at a future XS rally or along a secondary highway as we enjoy the wind in our faces while looking for a nice place to grab a bite to eat.

PS - Sorry you couldn't make it, Ben.
                          PPS -Tom, I will pass along your greetings to Ray this evening when I see him."
                          80 SG
                          81 SH in parts
                          99 ST1100
                          91 ST1100

Comment

• Great pics and looks like y'all had a great rally...Great job marty...My brother had hernia surgery last Friday. It was successful and now he is home in recovery mode...one of these years i will get back to this rally...I thought it was gonna be this year..." man plans...God laughs"..
                            Earl that pose is reminds me of Burt Reynolds posing 'nude' back in the late 70's or early 80's..LOL
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Wonderful Rally!

Thanks Marty, Sally and all those great individuals who put on the Rally!
                              Wow! What a wonderful weekend gettaway! Excellent roads and wonderful people! Got home by 6 pm last night, no rain but some heavy traffic on the PA turnpike. I was glad that I could accompany Ralph, Rochelle and Earl for the ride back - made it much more enjoyable!! Thanks guys!
                              Will hold fond memories for many moons! Everyone ride safe!
                              79 XS Special Gone, but not forgotten,
                              '17 Harley-Davidson FXDF Fat Bob
                              '15 Suzuki V Strom 1000 XC
                              '07 Buell XB12SSTT Lightning

Comment

• still home; lurking

Thanks for pics and descriptions. Yes just a bit jealous here, but More Glad for Y'all . I have some idea of what I missed. I did ride my XS11 to the lawnmower shop for parts, thinking of my XSive friends in the NE. Thanks for call.
                                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                                Brent in GA
                                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                                X