XS East 2016 Coudersport, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS East 2016 Coudersport, PA

Here it is folks! Rural PA and all its charm....

Westgate Inn
    http://westgateinn.net/
    307 Route 6 West,
    Coudersport, PA 16915

(814) 274-0400

We have 30 rooms set aside. There are only two configurations:
    One single room with a king size bed $79.00 per night.
    One 'double' room, with two double beds $82.00 per night. Sharing cuts that in half, of course.
    Check-in is Friday May 27, checkout is May 30.
    All rooms are non-smoking (I didn't ask if there are some that are smoking)

Mention the "XS11 group" the manager will try to keep us together.

Please call before March 15, rooms will be released then.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Supper both Saturday and Sunday are planned two doors down at the former Erway's now called Kaytee's. Still working on routes, Sunday is set, Saturday is still a work in progress.

Lunch Sunday is at the First Chance Inn, Kersey, PA. They have a deck if the weather holds.
    Lunch Sunday might be in Snow Show, PA (it is an exit on I-80) but that makes a long route so far.
    Marty in NW PA
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Good job Marty!!! About 550 miles from here...but without any work...not likely I'll make this one either....
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

We'll miss you Ben. I am also out of work again, at my age not likely to get much, fortunately I am still married to a terrific working woman with insurance!
        Marty in NW PA
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hey Marty!

Always wanted to see PA. Isn't May a bit early for that area though?

Rode to Colorado last May and got caught in a snow storm.

Not committing, just tossing ideas around and thought I would ask that question. The distance is about the same as I rode to The Lost Rally in Michigan last August.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Greg... XSEast is always on Memorial Day weekend...its not too cool but then it depends on how far north you are...still it has been quite warm enough ...never had a problem with it being too cold...
            Marty...Thanks...I miss you all quite a bit...we have had alot of fun on this rally over the years...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
              Greg... XSEast is always on Memorial Day weekend...
              Holidays always give me at least 1 extra day travel time. A positive. (no not a blood type}.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                Good job Marty!!! About 550 miles from here...but without any work...not likely I'll make this one either....
                Hi Ben,
                I booked a double room anyway So you can alternate between coming or not coming as much as you like
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  Hey Marty!

Always wanted to see PA. Isn't May a bit early for that area though?

Rode to Colorado last May and got caught in a snow storm.

Not committing, just tossing ideas around and thought I would ask that question. The distance is about the same as I rode to The Lost Rally in Michigan last August.
                  Hi Greg,
                  While the weather can be a bit unpredictable by the end of May Snow is very unlikely. I recall a number of years ago coming back from Elkins WV with HamJam and in this area we were stopping every hour to soak down with water as it was in the 80's and we thought we might melt
                  I hope you can make it. XSEast is always a good time.
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                    Hi Greg,
                    I recall a number of years ago coming back from Elkins WV with HamJam and in this area we were stopping every hour to soak down with water as it was in the 80's and we thought we might melt
                    Ha ha ha ha ha.........I would have had a jacket on.

trbig and I took off for The lost rally one year, 2011 I think, and the weather man said it was 115. I had a thermometer on my fairing at the time and it said 125.

Every time we stopped for gas we had to go sit in the AC and guzzle water. Finally cooled off to about 90 or so and started drizzling in Missouri somewhere.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Yes arrive on Fri...go home on Monday
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hmmmm..... That's awfully close to where I was born and raised. That's a two day ride for me. I'll have to keep this on the radar.

Greg, XS East is always a good turn out. Since you've been to XS Southeast, if you go to XS East I believe you will have shaken hands with the biggest portion of active members on this board. East changes venues every year, but the participants only change a little. I've been twice to NY and maybe five times to WV and never failed to have a great time.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

Yep, the weather is usually great Greg, and you can't beat the hours of daylight for doing some miles that time of year.
                          80 SG
                          81 SH in parts
                          99 ST1100
                          91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                            Hi Ben,
                            I booked a double room anyway So you can alternate between coming or not coming as much as you like
                            Phil
                            Thats cool Phil... Thanks...I'll keep you in the loop...for now put me down as maybe...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                              Hmmmm..... That's awfully close to where I was born and raised. That's a two day ride for me. I'll have to keep this on the radar.

Greg, XS East is always a good turn out. Since you've been to XS Southeast, if you go to XS East I believe you will have shaken hands with the biggest portion of active members on this board. East changes venues every year, but the participants only change a little. I've been twice to NY and maybe five times to WV and never failed to have a great time.
                              1 day ride for me from here...I suspect it could be a longer day ride for you...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X