No announcement yet.

XSEast 2010 Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy last year I was looking at motels in the Somerset area and I did find a couple...although I do not recall which ones they were...I can do some online searches and then make some suggestions
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

already have been working on my site Brent and I stayed at the Knights Bud also stayed there too in this summer clean and cheap, stayed there a few times leave me work on my site
      Ralph

Comment

and details will follow when the time comes

Comment

came up with a few places in Somerset that look good...
          Somerset Days Inn $58.66-$64/nite
          America's best Value Inn and Suites $68.99/nite
          Budget host Inn $45/nite
          Hampton Inn looked really nice but was over $100 bucks/nite
          Ralph...I looked at the Knights Inn but the reviews on it were poorly rated...said the place was not clean...
          Also the first two listed here are on the same road and very close to the PATPK
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ok, so, Ralph am I to assume that you'll take it from here?

Comment

I never said I wouldn't. Ben I've stayed there of and on for the last 3 years and this year it did change management. Plus the layout suits our heeds better then most places. Now if you think I'd pick a bad place go a head you pick , but then you do it all.

Comment

Originally posted by madbiker View Post
                I never said I wouldn't. Ben I've stayed there of and on for the last 3 years and this year it did change management. Plus the layout suits our heeds better then most places. Now if you think I'd pick a bad place go a head you pick , but then you do it all.
                Ralph I am just making suggestions..you know damn well this is your baby...so if I get there and I dont like the place I dont have to stay there
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi guys, i vote for Other. Ever consider going to the finger lakes region in NY? It would be kind of a happy medium between VT and WV... Lots nice roads to ride and hills to see...just a thought. Im going to try to make it to the ralley where ever it may be. If anyone is riding through the finger lakes give me a shout Im in Watkins Glen.
                  '79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                  GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

finger lakes region in NY sounds good. I have been up that way before and liked it. Hmmm maybe we can go to the glen and get on the track.
                    Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
                    Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
                    Pod Filters
                    DynoJet Kit
                    T.C.'s Fuse Block
                    Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
                    Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
                    V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

yeah

rahway nj usa
                      yamaha xs 1100
                      4 into 1
                      air cooled
                      emco filters
                      clubman bars
                      one bad mofo riding it

Comment

I'd prefer to camp if possible. Maybe someplace with cabins/camping to accommodate both?
                        Just a thought.

Wherever we wind up, Memorial Day is always my XS weekend away.

No bikes allowed at The Glen.
                        80 SG
                        81 SH in parts
                        99 ST1100
                        91 ST1100

Comment

Watkins Glen (WG) has a lot to offer in the way of camping. Not to mention there are a hand full of state parks in the surrounding area if not more. Ithaca area also has a few which is only a half hour away, and many other attractive sites between Seneca, Cayuga, and Keuka Lake which are all in a short drive. (It's wine country BTW) I wish they allowed bikes on the track but after taking some of the local roads you would be ruined and probably dissapointed.
                          '79 XS11 F
                          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

AFAIK, madbiker is running with this, and it's in Southwest PA. Guys, it's all well and good to voice your opinion about where you think we should rally and some of the above locations sound great. It's quite another thing to put a rally together, and although I've only been here 5 yrs and can't speak for events prior to '04, it seems to me that the same 5 or 6 people do the organizing for the NE rallies.

If you feel ready and willing to build a rally, I would suggest that you bring your ideas to XSEast '10 for open discussion. New leaders, new ideas and new places to meet are what will keep our two-wheeled party going long into the future.

If you build it, they will come. But be careful what you ask for, it's a bit of work!

Comment

Just to follow up Randy's post for the benefit of the new vice presidents, anyone wanting to host a rally, and those who have not yet been to a rally, the beginning of the forming of a rally is not all that formal. As you can see in this posting, we had a vote, and some areas have been discussed. We already voted at last year's rally and we are voting again. That is the way we do it. Discuss, tentative decisions are made, more discussions, another good idea pops up, and so on. Then usually someone steps up and says "Me" and usually we are a go. Sometimes someone will say "Me" but events prevent that person from getting it done, and someone else has to step up, either continue that location or change it. If you do a search in the archives for "XS East" you will see the sometimes lively discussions that occurred in the past before settling on a location. Randy has said "Me" a couple of times recently, I did it, Bruce G did it, sixtysix did it, hamjam did it.

This time Ralph madbiker has stepped up and said "Me." His location is the Somerset area.

There is a lot of work in planning a rally, and usually the planner gets help, so you are never alone in this effort, although you are welcome to do it all on your own.

Just to give a flavor of what's involved, some of the things we look at for a rally are:
                              Motel that can handle 30-40 rowdy bikers, preferably with ground floor entry and parking in front of the door. even better if there is nearby camping for the few who prefer to camp.
                              Rural setting - by that I mean no rally should be planned for the Boston area, or any suburb of any bigger city, or very high traffic area. If you have more than a couple of traffic lights the group can easily get separated as we leave the motel for the open road. Locations with roads packed with cagers is also not good. Cagers tend to fill in a gap as we ride by and there is another opportunity to get separated. The more distance between towns and the less traffic the better the routes will be for us.
                              Meals - if the motel has real breakfast that is fine, but breakfast should be close by and you need to plan for 30-40 for lunch somewhere on the road. Supper can be either on the way back to the motel or nearby, and again 30-40 at a time. Reservations may be needed. Not too eXSpensive, not too many bugs either.
                              Gas stops must be within the range of a Special, no more than 75-80 miles.
                              Sightseeing - one or two historic or scenic stops should be planned for each day, and photos of the group are taken.
                              Routes - rural is better, about 150 - 180 miles is the maximum length of a day's ride. Shorter if the stops along the way go too long or the routes have very limiting speed zones or lots of small towns. Each day's route should have at least one shortcut back to the motel for those who want to ride for only a little while and not take in the whole thing. Roads on the routes should be as twisty as we can get them. That can be rare in many areas so we take what we get.

Figure each stop is 1 hour, so breakfast, lunch, supper, 2 gas stops, a scenic stop = 6 hours stopped. If one assumes in late May that there is 12 hours of daylight, then that leaves 6 hrs of riding. With much experience this translates to about 150-180 miles, depending upon the speed zones.
                              There is more, but this gives you the idea.

Ralph said "Me" and is taking on Somerset so I will start the Official Post for XS East 2010 so we can get logo ideas, post motel info and room sharing, who is coming, route suggestions, and so on.
                              Last edited by MartyA; 10-20-2009, 03:46 AM.
                              Marty in NW PA
                              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hi Guys (and Gals)

I will stay tuned to the post for the 2010 Rallie....see if I its doable next year from Nova Scotia.....West Virginia huh! Never been there !
                                Bruce
                                78XS1100
                                Bruce Doucette
                                Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
                                X