No announcement yet.

XSEast 2010 Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy let me get this see If I understand the way this works you wanted to have one in East Stroudsburg you did , Vt. and again you did Gary did N.Y. So I want to do Somerset I get half a day. Something does not seem right and this is the second time we went around about this area. I lived there for 4months a few years ago. Tracy and I went out there every year since 9-11 we did not get bored.
    Ralph

Comment

Ralph how many freaking days do you need to visit the memorial?
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

not the point do want you want , this is what I wanted for 4 years and each year I got told next year well guess what I'm not waiting any more. I just do an unrally!

Comment

I like WV, but it wouldn't be right without Ralph. The one we did at North Bend State Park was my first and got me to the others I've managed to attend. I'm going to hold off on my vote until I get an idea of whether or not I can attend.

Randy, I expect to be in NY next week, I'll PM you when I get a schedule.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

No, Ralph, I don't understand what the issue is. Most of us agree that we should see the memorial so where is the disagreement? Why don't you make the rally? Build it and we will come.

Comment

Ralph,
              Count me in for Somerset, if you are hosting a rally there then I will be there.

submitted my vote for Somerset.
              Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
              Owner of:
              1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
              140 mains
              45 pilot jets
              Floats at 24mm
              Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

Please try, if you're voting for 'Someplace Else" to post your suggestion.

For the record, Somerset is in SOUTHWEST PA.

Comment

Just let me know where and when

Wherever it's held, I'll be there. I'm not familiar with the logistics of the various locations.
                  I would like to see the memorial if possible and I would also love to ride the roads of West Virginia once again. It's been a while for me. Thx Rick
                  I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Since NW WV is way in the lead, I'd like to start looking at places to stay / eat in the area. You guys that are familiar with the area, please chime in with your hotel suggestions.

Comment

Blackwater Falls State Park is in Davis, WV. Offers lodge, cabins and camping at reasonable rates. 91 miles from Somerset. Another 10 miles down the road is Canaan Valley that has quite a large lodge, we stopped there for lunch several years ago.

Maryland seems to have less park lodgings other than camping in the western panhandle.

SW PA has some great roads around the OhioPyle, but otherwise I'm unfamiliar with the area.

Darrell
                      Darrell
                      78E
                      80G project
                      06FJR

Comment

The BMW RA had their 2009 rally in Canaan Valley SP. I did not attend but the area is very nice and is riding distance to Somerset. Here is the lodging page from the RA rally web site with options and contact info.

http://www.bmwra.org/rally/lodging.html

Comment

i'm in on somerset. easy to get to, lots of options for roads. yes the memorial is there, but when has the weekend been about the places we stop at? this means something to Ralph, something that he shared w/ his wife. i think we should take some time and honor that, if he wants to share that w/ the rest of us.

Comment

I completely agree with this
                            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                            and SOXS
                            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                              Since NW WV is way in the lead, I'd like to start looking at places to stay / eat in the area. You guys that are familiar with the area, please chime in with your hotel suggestions.
                              Well it appears its dead even now...so I would hold off a bit...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Well, then, how about hotel suggestions in either area? Someplace someone had already stayed at would be preferred. If no one has suggestions, I'll do the research. I'll give it a few more days and if no suggestions come in, I'll start looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X