No announcement yet.

CT Pizza/Submarine run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will know more after today's business if we will be able to make it. I'll post again later this evening. - John

Comment

Allright, we are planning on 11am hook-up. If for any reason we don't connect, do you know when & where you plan to have have lunch? - John

Comment

getting ready to go. 78 east to the gsp to met chuck then 78-95. see you all at 11 on exit 67
        80 xs1100G

Comment

Originally posted by Bibleman View Post
          Allright, we are planning on 11am hook-up. If for any reason we don't connect, do you know when & where you plan to have have lunch? - John
          Sorry for the late reply. I must have been dropped from the thread. Most likely we will have lunch at 'Johnny Ads' on Rt-1 in Old Saybrook.

Comment

You guys have a great time...wish I was there! Don't forget the pics!!

Comment

I'm Baaacckk!

Well the 2009 Mystic Pizza and Nautilus Sub run is history. I left Chuck and Earl as they sped down I-95 to NY and PA. Glad to have met John (Bibleman) and hope he and his brother join in future XSive rallies.

The weather was grand and we all had a great time. Good riding, food, beer and cigars. We took the "nickel" tour of the CT river Valley points of interest before spending the night in Niantic CT and visiting the Sub base today. Pics to follow.

Comment

home , yes the ride was great. sunny and the just right temp. welcome bibleman you rode a short time with, but you rode, chuck has a big smile on his face. big thanks to russ welled planned and great places to visit. pics later
                80 xs1100G

Comment

Big Smile indeed!!

We couldn't have hoped for better conditions than what we got today.

After a rocky start for me, it was tops. Great to see you guys again, I had an all around blast.

John, welcome and thanks for taking over the position of FNG, it's all you!!

Thank you Russ, the ride was great, and the tidbits of trivia/history along the way made it that much more enjoyable.

Cheers!
                  Last edited by chuckditta; 09-20-2009, 03:43 PM. Reason: typo
                  Chuck Ditta

2008 HD FatBoy - My experiment with the dark side!!!

1980 XS1100LG (Donated to a friend (and lifelong XS'er) in need)
                  K&N Air Filter
                  Mike's XS "Green" Coils

Comment

Glad to hear youse guys ahd a great ride...weather was picture perfect and I was thinking about y'all...while you away I sold the house...or at least we accepted an offer from a buyer...details have not been ironed out...so indeed my time here at home was the right call. Hopefully we can get an Oct. RTE going around this area and the Del. River valley...will know soon just how much longer I'll be in Joisey
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Congrats Ben.

I hope it works out for "youse" haha
                      Chuck Ditta

K&N Air Filter
                      Mike's XS "Green" Coils

Comment

Yes I rode, Earl. I am always a little apprehensive about meeting new and different people, but you guys were easy to ride with. How was Gillette castle? When I decided to leave, I was somehow thinking you guys were NOT going for the tour. Imagine my surprise when I saddled up and you guys took off for the tour!!! But then i did not want to appear like I have a comprehension problem. Which I do all too frequently. But it worked out okay as my brother and I hooked up for a coupla hours of riding and dinner. It truly was a nice trip, albeit "short" for me. Russ did a nice job of putting me on some cool roads that I had not been on before. The Ferry trip was a classy move. Hope to ride again. - John

Comment

Originally posted by Bibleman View Post
                          Yes I rode, Earl. I am always a little apprehensive about meeting new and different people, but you guys were easy to ride with. How was Gillette castle? When I decided to leave, I was somehow thinking you guys were NOT going for the tour. Imagine my surprise when I saddled up and you guys took off for the tour!!! But then i did not want to appear like I have a comprehension problem. Which I do all too frequently. But it worked out okay as my brother and I hooked up for a coupla hours of riding and dinner. It truly was a nice trip, albeit "short" for me. Russ did a nice job of putting me on some cool roads that I had not been on before. The Ferry trip was a classy move. Hope to ride again. - John

John,

The tour was for the inside only which we all decided not to do. The outside grounds are free. I thought you knew that. Sorry for the confusion. I was sort of scratching my head wondering why you did not want to at least enjoy the view.

Comment

some pics from the ride http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=19a6f347.pbw
                            80 xs1100G

Comment

Looks like you guys had a great time. Oh wait, I was there and we did!

Thanks Earl.
                              Chuck Ditta

K&N Air Filter
                              Mike's XS "Green" Coils

Comment

Pics

Nice pics Earl! Here's a few more:

http://s593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/rnuthmann/

Comment

Working...
                                X